No matter how many - - -

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So true for many people on this forum. 48 litres of Molton Brown? Not enough! 104 candles? Not enough! 34 Cozee Home throws and bed sets? Not enough! 95 torches? Not enough! There’s no helping them!

Mentioning no names.
I've heard of the horrible expression "fat shaming" but never heard of "torch shaming"😂

My wardrobes are full of gadgets, including musical keyboards, drum machines, tape recorders etc. But I have kept a small area free for clothes.
My husband loves tools, the garage is fit to burst with all odds and ends that he just won't throw out. Old pots and pans, bits of wood, you name it he probably has it in the garage, well within reason :ROFLMAO:

My ex converted my garage, when I moved out, into a huge workshop and does all his DIY in there now. I used to buy him tools that he wanted but I wouldn’t know what to get him any more (we still exchange gifts) because he has enough in the workshop to rival Screwfix, Wickes or B&Q. 😳

My son was a bass player in a band and so one of the spare bedrooms is full of guitars. Six bass guitars in total and all different. 😳 My house is so uncluttered in comparison. 👍

Socks in TK Maxx (yes really...)
Absolutely. If ever I feel the urge to spend for the sake of spending its socks in TK Max.
I get my spending fix (less than a tenner)...and pick up some pretty socks or even sometime more practically, plain black ones or boot socks. I like socks 😃

Lighthouse at the bottom of the garden ?

SPOILER ALERT - - don't read this if you follow Grand Designs and haven't yet seen the latest episode about the LIGHTHOUSE.

I've just finished watching the saddest Grand Designs ever, the LIGHTHOUSE on the N. Devon coast, over 10 years construction, finance problems, and divorce. It's finally finished, but the owner has to sell it ASAP to avoid bankruptcy. :(

On the other hand, it's the most spectacular building they've ever featured.

I’ve got to be honest, there’s nothing at all that I “must have.”
Yep, that's me too although I have just bought one of those hooded fleeces. I've hung it up for now and I don't intend to wear it until it starts turning really cold. For a few years now I have prided myself in buying as few new things for myself as possible and will buy only what I really need. It's not very exciting but I need a waste bin for the spare room, my salt and pepper grinders are on their last legs, and I could do with a couple more small wine glasses. Done are my days of buying loads of clothes, shoes and bags and I'm honestly having more fun being creative with what I've already got and looking after them properly and doing repairs when necessary. There was a brand of fairly low priced toiletries I was addicted to, but when the prices shot up and the quality went down, that was me done and my stash is going down nicely and when they're gone I've decided to stick with humble supermarket brands like Dove and head and shoulders - They do a good job but don't excite me enough to want to stockpile and stash them. I don't wear much jewellery and never really have done but used to buy loads for the sake of it. I have a jewellery box full of stuff that seldom sees the light of day. I'll keep it because it's contained and not at all in the way. I've got everything I need for every occassion, so I'm happy with that!

Yes Stratto, I must watch that, because I remember seeing that house - complete with its own roadway down to the property. It was amazing, but it never ceases to amaze me that without exception, all the self builders totally underestimate the budget. Never take into account market changes, interest rates, the weather, illness, possible rental times, builders going bankrupt, on and on. But still, there have been some pretty fantastic homes.

Not any more, but I used to never have enough table settings: dinner, dessert, serving/side plates, and platters/trays of all shapes (I never succumbed to finger bowls). Glasses for any type of cocktail, wine or liqueur. Also soup/fish/dinner/dessert knives, forks and spoons. And cloth napkins, but no tablecloths. Yes, the table was inviting, but my cooking never quite cut the mustard. I hope the dazzle of the table made up for it. Now, it's all been given away and I have a few, simple pieces enough for one. In fact, in the first part of my life, I bought furniture, mostly Japanese antiques, hand loomed carpets, etc., but in the second part, over time, I've given it all away, and my house is minimal, not to say Spartan. I like it like this.

In the end I couldn't resist. They are actually excellent value for a metal torch with a spotlight, zoom function, and a COB floodlight at £5-73 each (INC PP) plus a charging lead.

In the end I couldn't resist. They are actually excellent value for a metal torch with a spotlight, zoom function, and a COB floodlight at £5-73 each (INC PP) plus a charging lead.

Mine have just arrived. All individually boxed with USB cable for each torch.

I’m puzzled as to why you would need four of the same thing? 🤔 (Unless their being different colours is the reason, although they presumably all do the same thing - produce a light.)

At least we’ll all be alright though if we do have power cuts. You can turn all your torches on and you’ll be able to illuminate most of the U.K. 😂
I know … I panic incase there’s a world shortage 😆😆 well… ya never know 😁

Mine are due today, and I hope they also come with 4 leads as I am planning to gift 2 of them, but they gave the impression you only got one.

Mine arrived about 1415 but Evri didn't knock, just left them in my ParcelSafe. That's what it's for, but I wish they would knock to let me know it's there.

Only opened one so far, and charging it up. It's even got a red light to show that it's charging, which goes out when fully charged.

So far I'm very pleased with it, and seems good quality, will wait until after dark to try it properly.

And I DID get 4 leads, the fact that Q said there was only one almost put me off from ordering, QVC get things wrong so often. Now I don't have to source leads for those that I give away.

And I also ordered this, LESS than half price on clearance, so also seems good value and useful (yes, it even has a TORCH but I don't intend to use it because it uses button batteries).

And I also ordered this, LESS than half price on clearance, so also seems good value and useful (yes, it even has a TORCH but I don't intend to use it because it uses button batteries).

Having posted this about the multi tool, I've just read the reviews, most are very poor! Yes, I should have read them first!!

Not sure whether to cancel or wait and see what they are like for myself, as I don't have any star bits already. If faulty, at least I can get a free return.

Absolutely. If ever I feel the urge to spend for the sake of spending its socks in TK Max.
I get my spending fix (less than a tenner)...and pick up some pretty socks or even sometime more practically, plain black ones or boot socks. I like socks 😃
Nothing like putting on a brand new pair of socks. I would love to do that every day in winter.

Latest posts

Back