No matter how many - - -

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Do
For me it’s stationery yet there so few shops left. When in Spain I love to buy something from Ale Hop, got some lovely journals a couple of weeks ago.

I also love a cookware shop but again if lucky it’s one shelf in the corner of the shop and all the same old same old, just love an unusual gadget!
Do you think that a mushroom brush - used to clean mushrooms instead of washing them - is an unusual gadget? Or a strawberry huller to remove the top and core of the fruit? I've seen them in a kitchen shop.

Oh presented me with an avocado slicer with built in s stone remover, it was completely useless and went in the bin. If the avocado is ready to eat , the stone pops out with a very slight squeeze, or use a teaspoon if it needs a little help. I can’t believe how many times you hear that people injured themselves (sometimes severely) trying to remove the stone!

A useless 'gadget' I was given as a present was an asparagus serving tray with tongs. The tray had wide ridges in its base for the butter to flow into and the wide tongs were designed to remove 5 or 6 drained-of-butter aspargus onto your plate. Another was a Victorian "hair keeper" which ladies kept on their dressing tables to deposit the hair that had accumulated in their comb. Both items useless imo, so I passed them on to Goodwill.

Do

Do you think that a mushroom brush - used to clean mushrooms instead of washing them - is an unusual gadget? Or a strawberry huller to remove the top and core of the fruit? I've seen them in a kitchen shop.
I was given a strawberry huller, only used it a few times because I don't have fresh strawberries very often.

A useless 'gadget' I was given as a present was an asparagus serving tray with tongs. The tray had wide ridges in its base for the butter to flow into and the wide tongs were designed to remove 5 or 6 drained-of-butter aspargus onto your plate. Another was a Victorian "hair keeper" which ladies kept on their dressing tables to deposit the hair that had accumulated in their comb. Both items useless imo, so I passed them on to Goodwill.
I would love those!

Having posted this about the multi tool, I've just read the reviews, most are very poor! Yes, I should have read them first!!

Not sure whether to cancel or wait and see what they are like for myself, as I don't have any star bits already. If faulty, at least I can get a free return.
I've got one of these. I purchased it from Price drop a few years ago. I think I paid about £15 including postage and it's absolutely brilliant. Seriously one of the best things I've ever bought. Mine's yellow and black but other than that it's exactly the same product, you won't be disappointed!

Do

I was always told to never wash mushrooms just use a damp piece of kitchen paper. If they are the large field mushrooms (calling them Portobello now I think?) I take the skin off.

Feedback. Happy with them. Very bright. Tested when I was out one evening and coming home to a village where there is little lighting. Perfect handbag size too.

For me it’s stationery yet there so few shops left. When in Spain I love to buy something from Ale Hop, got some lovely journals a couple of weeks ago.

I also love a cookware shop but again if lucky it’s one shelf in the corner of the shop and all the same old same old, just love an unusual gadget!
I used to love Ale Hop! Bought so many notebooks and matching pens, am always drawn to a notebook!

SPOILER ALERT - - don't read this if you follow Grand Designs and haven't yet seen the latest episode about the LIGHTHOUSE.

I've just finished watching the saddest Grand Designs ever, the LIGHTHOUSE on the N. Devon coast, over 10 years construction, finance problems, and divorce. It's finally finished, but the owner has to sell it ASAP to avoid bankruptcy. :(

On the other hand, it's the most spectacular building they've ever featured.
I watched that too. I was almost crying at the end SPOILER ALERT

Especially as he will never live there. And felt so sorry for him and his wife but could imagine that she probably just had enough.
It's great to have big dreams but some times you have to stop and think and remind yourself what it was all for..

But I do agree, spectacular building.

Latest posts

Back