Perricone products....worth the money?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bosrebel

Registered Shopper
i have ordered the set that was TSV a couple of days ago... i'm quite excited about receiving it, as i have never really spent that much money on facial products, so i hope i feel fabulous after trying them, does anyone else use this brand?? i suppose i have peace of mind that i can send it back if i dont like it, which you cant do when you buy from high street shops, i'd never have gone into a high st shop and spent that kind of money!

opinions please...oh this is my first post on here...be gentle with me..:cheeky:

I really like the face finishing moisturiser as it's not heavy or greasy, and leaves a nice finish for make-up. It might be my new favourite moisturiser. I didn't like the lip plumper though, which burnt my lips. I like the no foundation foundation but I can really only wear it in summer as it doesn't quite stretch to my porcelain skintone in winter.

I'm using the Face Finishing Moisturiser, No Foundation Foundation and the Nutritive Cleanser at the moment and I've been more than surprised by how good they are. I am a bit of a beauty junkie so I've tried a lot of brands and with the results I've seen from Perricone I'm more than happy to pay the higher price tag! I got the TSV as I want to try the Firming Face Activator. If you look at the sizes of the products that were in the TVS the mosturiser was twice the size as the Elemis PCMC that they always put in the TSV's and the Activator is twice the size of most serums you can buy, so that justified the £100+ price for me!

Welcome bosrebel. Oh no you've wasted God knows how much on Dr P's cr*p. Well never mind, as you say you can send it back. I know, you were brainwashed by Ms Young and the pharmacyeek packaging. Just look on here before you part with your well earned in future.

Each to his/her own on any product available. It is interesting to read other people's opinions but
there is no substitute for trying something
yourself and the main selling point is unlike
most chemist shops you can get your money
back.

Welcome bosrebel. Oh no you've wasted God knows how much on Dr P's cr*p. Well never mind, as you say you can send it back. I know, you were brainwashed by Ms Young and the pharmacyeek packaging. Just look on here before you part with your well earned in future.

you win the award for most patronising post of the week.

In short: no they are not worth the money, in my experience. I will not try and persuade you not to buy or not to try, that is for you to decide.

But personally, after trying a selection of P's wide array of "highly scientific" line of cosmetic products for around 6 months in the recent past, I can only conclude that it's yet another con in a brown glass jar/bottle. Sorry, I know it's depressing...but true.

I am a sucker for trying new potions and lotions. The more science offered as a lure, the easier I bite the bait. I've tried many a high end cosmetics. None of them, including Dr P, work beyond improving the TEXTURE of the skin, only. No other miracles, sorry.

Dr P's products are clever in doing so, I'll give him that. They all (well, most anyway) contain glycolic acid, an excellent exfoliant, therefore it makes the skin smoother, more even toned, more luminous and fresh, pores reduced, etc...If you follow his regimen with almost all of his products carrying glycolic you are exfoliating round the clock. That gives you lovely looking refined texture to the skin - not bad at all, especially once you pass the age of around 30. So from that perspective P's products are good. But, I would categorically say they are most definitely not worth the money, as you can achieve the same textural improvement to the skin in a cheaper and less smelly way.

As far as improving/reversing creases as he likes to say, wrinkles and slackened skin, forget it. If it didn't happen in 6 months (not even a hint of improvement or slight reversal of ravages of time from my visage area), can't see how it's going to happen in the next 6, 12, 24 etc months. Mind you at 38, I am not that much of a challenge for his scientific products anyway, as I only have minimal signs of the above mentioned. So if I could not see even a tiny improvement, then how is someone else with real slackening or much deeper wrinkles going to see an improvement?
They can't and they won't as the products cannot work on this level. Otherwise Miss Joan Rivers at the ripe old age of 78, won’t be still needing to visit her plastic surgeon for the x number of times, for yet another stapling work(of art)out on her visage area.

For the sceptics among you that think I haven't tried enough of his products, so I don't know what I am talking about (and for the rest of you to officially declare me shall we say...eccentric:cheeky:, easy now...), here is the extensive list of P's gloop that has said "good morning" and "good night" to my rapidly aging visage (Joan quick, pass the staple gun!), faithfully for 6 months:
nutritive cleanser, serum prep, cold plasma face, cold plasma eye, high potency eye lift, acyl-glutathione, neuropeptide facial conformer, neuropeptide facial cream, face firming activator, high potency evening repair and face finishing moisturiser....:whew:there!

Welcome bosrebel

Dont worry we'll be real nice to you UNLESS you become a presenter that is!!!!
Thanks folks for re-directing to my post. I hope you found it of help

I guess different strokes for different folks. I wish you well with product. In a way I hope it doesn't work, as you will be hit with a full-price repeat purchase

YIKES qvc has GOTCHA!! syndrome

Hope you enjoy your stay xxx

In short: no they are not worth the money, in my experience. I will not try and persuade you not to buy or not to try, that is for you to decide.

But personally, after trying a selection of P's wide array of "highly scientific" line of cosmetic products for around 6 months in the recent past, I can only conclude that it's yet another con in a brown glass jar/bottle. Sorry, I know it's depressing...but true.

Same here sad to say xx

I received Dr P tsv today and (I know I will be in the minority) I really like the products especially the face finishing moisturiser. I find that the products do not smell and are very light with no greasy residue on the skin.

I do have a few fine lines around the eyes, so time will tell if the products work and so far I'm happy with my purchase and very unlikely to be sending it back.

ooooo received my eagerly awaited Perricone TSV today..... ooooo and first impressions are...nothing special :( i used the cleanser and my face felt tight after, then applied the firming face activator on one half of my face and the finishing moisturiser on the other half...i was hoping for a great feel, but in fact my cheap l'oreal collagen re plumper cream feels better....maybe i need to use it for longer?? i did like the no foundation foundation though, but unless my skin feels better after a few more uses of the other three, it will all go back.. i couldnt justify the price just to use the one product..shame.....

I think, as with any skincare, you need to give it a month to see if you get a result. It's not an instant fix product (the only product I know that gives an instant result is primer) and you need to give it time to work. And if it doesn't work after 30 days you can send it back!

:)

i used it again this morning and my skin does feel smoother, but i'm not sure if i am putting too much on lol...i went to my friends house and felt the urge to rub my cheek and then felt little rolls of cream coming off, do you know what i mean?? hard to explain.. it was all just coming off ....that was two hours after i'd put it on.. :cheeky:

Could be you're applying too much face firming activator if you get roll off. I use one pump and 'press' it into the skin, rather than massage it in, then follow with the FFM.

Latest posts

Back