Presenter leaving?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My son is called David, I named him after Mr Bowie......of course.

He once said that he's glad I'm not an Elvis fan :giggle:

A late male relative's name caused confusion resulting in a girls present being given by a parent to a nursery school birthday party. From that day on he refused to be known by it and changed it many times over the years, as an adult to his middle name but as a child/teenager he used any name which took his fancy. Boy did that cause confusion generally and st his funeral.

My pregnancy was a bit of a drag. I was forever at the doctors or the hospital and I can tell you that everyone asks what you'll call the baby, largely for want of anything better to say I think. I tired of it very quickly. One day after a long wait on the maternity ward I responded "Wilhelmina Trudy". Oh that's "lovely and rather unusual" said the poor soul asking the question.

I met an American toddler called Dresden a couple of years ago, whose name I found a bit odd.

I sometimes see "out-there" babies' names and I just wonder if the parents in question gave even a moment's thought to the child's transit through life saddled with twee, self-indulgent, "individual" names?

I know everyone nowadays is increasingly obsessed with "unique" and "individual" names, but sometimes I think commonsense is completely abandoned... and wonder if this is almost more about the child as an extension of the parent than as a being in his or her own right.

Does the child live up to the name, or can the child never live it down?

One very sensible friend of mine said, when he and his wife were choosing their son's name that they wanted a name he wouldn't be embarrassed to say when introducing himself to people down the pub.

I really hope that Honey Beatrice, and Calla Lily love their names and are happy with them throughout their lives, and at least in both cases if they dislike one part, at least the second part is not so bad when divorced from the first part... so some common sense has prevailed.

Marv is leaving

It's on Facebook .:mysmilie_14:

Just to let everyone know that Presenter Marverine will no longer present shows at QVC. Marverine is very busy with some exciting new projects back in Birmingham and is also looking after her elderly mother after recent surgery. We'd like to thank her for all her hard work and wish her well with all her new projects.

Aww poor Marv lets hope she was not pushed as she has just bought a new house and its carp if you did not expect it. Good luck Marv x

I hope she finds her niche and there's certainly no shame in being not ideal for shopping tv.

I hope she finds her niche and there's certainly no shame in being not ideal for shopping tv.

A very good sentiment. Sounds like her heart is in the right place, giving up a job to care for her Mum. We never know what's going on in people's private lives do we ?

It's interesting that her final blog is just the company statement about her leaving. You'd think if it was her own choice to go that she'd have written a few lines herself to say thank you and goodbye.

To echo the sentiments of many others here, Marv came across as a thoroughly nice person but I don't think her and QVC were a great fit. All good wishes to her though, I'm sure she'll land on her feet.

Marv was not my favourite presenter, but I do wish her good luck for the future, hope she move on to better things and more suitable employment.

I wish Marv well, I am sure she has other things lined up for the future, unfortunately she just wasn't cut out to be a QVC presenter.
I have just found out she is a Beer Sommelier, so doubtless she can have a few pints to drown her sorrow!

I reckon all the presenters are under intense pressure to sell sell sell; not everyone has the insincerity to pull it off though. Franks will soak up the extra hours no doubt.

Latest posts

Back