Q Fashion...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

CallMeQ

Registered Shopper
Which "fashion" (and I use the term loosely) brand of Q's do you either purchase the most or tempts you the most?

I very rarely purchase clothing from Q, but in the past I've ordered several tops from Artscapes (both for myself and for my mum) I have a few pairs of DG jeans (they aren't all they're cracked up to be) but I must admit I am liking a lot of the new things coming from MarlaWynne and M buy Marc Bower... I've tried Marc Bower and the piece I got was incredible... not yet dipped into MW...

We all often have low opinions of Q's fashion;but are any of us sold on what we see on air?

[I was going to create a poll, but wasn't sure how -:dull::blush:]

I used to buy Kim & Co but the sizing and the quality aren't what they used to be so I haven't bought for a while. I just bought a pair of DG jeans on OTO yesterday - my first purchase of this range. I've had Centigrade coats of varying quality and two Dennis Basso coats of excellent quality. I've had a few Together things as well as I like the tunics with leggings - I'm short so that works for me. I do like Marla Wynn but not sure they would suit my proportions.

I will say that the price of clothes on QVC has rocketed and a top that used to cost under £20 is now £30 plus and Kim's dresses that used to be around £40 or so are now £70 or so. I'd never pay that in a shop so I always look at something, take the dog round the block and hope it has sold out by the time I get back!

I buy off the telly because I struggle to get into town due to illness, I hate queuing, I hate wandering aimlessly through shops looking for "something" and TV shopping is convenient for me. You have to take what's there of course. I do look on the net as well but where Q scores is that they have people actually selling things to you rather than just looking at flat pictures on a screen on the net. Too easy to get tempted.

CC

Candycane I can appreciate that seeing items modelled on the TV is a bonus to you ( & even for someone like me who can get to & have the pick a variety of shops on my doorstep, I hate it!) but there are fashion companies who offer free P&P & returns ( if not all the time sometimes on offer) So the P&P spent on Q can go towards the price of your item--& that can be over £10.

I am a casual dresser - jeans, cotton tops, fleeces, gilets etc. so there is not much on Q that tempts me. I am 5'2 and a size 12 so a lot of things like Join and Yong Kim would just swamp me.

They used to sell Trespass, whose fleece tops I love, and I would also like to see more natural fibres, particularly cotton as I'm not wild about lots of stretchy polyester. And the prints!! Ye Gods, I have no wish to look like a 1970s seat cover. I also find that in autumn/winter the colours become a bit dreary and I can't wear a lot of them. Black and grey are OK but browns and sludgy greens are out. Can we have one or two brighter options, the Marlawynne TSV dress colours were nice but that style would do nothing for me. High Street tends to be the same unfortunately.

I have had a couple of very nice jackets from Centigrade and do get quite tempted by this range.

I also like some of the Kim and Co dresses, albeit the muted patterns. There was a dress in this range that I really liked, and bought both colours, and left a review asking for it in some other colours. Well that was the kiss of death for it, and next thing it was in clearance.

I am a big fan of Onjenu dresses. I have bought a couple from QVC, but went a bit mad during Onjenu's recent sale and bought several. If I find something that I like, and that fits me well, I do tend to buy several of them.

I am a mega Kim fan, or was until her designs looked like Plums sofa covers. To howls of derision from you lot, I have sailed the seven seas on cruises, encased in Kim's throw it in a suitcase and don't iron it range. Also Artscape, until a shipboard romance with a Colonel made me aware that Colonels' ladies don't walk around looking live travel posters.

Centigrade were wonderful, until they followed the Q rule of cutting corners with fabric and design, and turned out straight up and down coats with no waists, and embellished with what looked like road kill on the hoods.

Now having discovered the wonders of M&S no p&p, on which I have waxed lyrical elsewhere this morning, I am thrilled by my REAL COTTON clothes (half the polyester mines in Pakistan will have to close down now, with my new shopping habits)

I buy some clothes from Q, but certainly not exclusively. I also buy plenty elsewhere. I know what suits me, and I know what's practical for my lifestyle, which has become increasingly 'casual' since retirement (and woohoo for that!). There are certain things that are necessary, but not much fun to shop for - jeans is a perfect example, I wear them almost all the time, and the Diane Gilman ones fit me very nicely, so I am all ears when there's a DG TSV!
I do like to see things modelled on a live person, but some websites (eg M&S) have video clips so you can get an idea of the length, drape or whatever. The good thing about Q is you can see it modelled on people of different sizes - as with yesterday's Marla Wynne dress - so you can get an accurate picture of how it's going to fit.
A big disincentive of course, is the ridiculous P&P charged by QVC, especially if buying multiples of an item in different colours, it's a rip off and I think really QVC should do something about that.

I have a grey crepe Kim and co dress, black cowl neck dress and a top and skirt in the praline blossom trail pattern (think that is what it was called). They are really weighty fabric, look nice , wash well don't loose their colour and don't need ironing. These are few years old and quality is not as good now.

I`ve just packed up a Kim & Co top to return it .... It was so creased and looked as though it was years old and been living in the laundry basket !! That's the last time as I have returned my last few buys ...the quality isn`t what it was and is now very samey in the style and prints !!

You've mentioned one of my pet hates about their clothes - man-made fibres. I always go for natural fabrics as much as I can, and there are so few on Q that I would not be at all tempted to buy anything. I hate the Polyester look - reminds me of my Mum's curtains, circa 1970, all big circles and whirls! Even the Polyester stuff on there costs an arm and a leg, so no way would I pay what they ask, just to feel like Sweaty Betty in it.

I am a casual dresser - jeans, cotton tops, fleeces, gilets etc. so there is not much on Q that tempts me. I am 5'2 and a size 12 so a lot of things like Join and Yong Kim would just swamp me.

They used to sell Trespass, whose fleece tops I love, and I would also like to see more natural fibres, particularly cotton as I'm not wild about lots of stretchy polyester. And the prints!! Ye Gods, I have no wish to look like a 1970s seat cover. I also find that in autumn/winter the colours become a bit dreary and I can't wear a lot of them. Black and grey are OK but browns and sludgy greens are out. Can we have one or two brighter options, the Marlawynne TSV dress colours were nice but that style would do nothing for me. High Street tends to be the same unfortunately.

I have had a couple of very nice jackets from Centigrade and do get quite tempted by this range.

I also like some of the Kim and Co dresses, albeit the muted patterns. There was a dress in this range that I really liked, and bought both colours, and left a review asking for it in some other colours. Well that was the kiss of death for it, and next thing it was in clearance.

I am a big fan of Onjenu dresses. I have bought a couple from QVC, but went a bit mad during Onjenu's recent sale and bought several. If I find something that I like, and that fits me well, I do tend to buy several of them.

Oh i have a centigrade coat I forgot about that, I have once tried Onjenu but returned it as I didn't like the fit.

I love the ranges most people on here think are overpriced and rubbish. I like Join, Yong Kim, Marla Wynne and Ronen Chen. I have a few bits by Kim n Co ... her crepe dresses and fake denim leggings.

I'm 5 6 and an 18/20. I run my own business and dress quite smartly for work. I like plain colours in simple shapes and styles and go for colour in accessories. I like smart, leather handbags and precious metal jewellery. I wear scarves and pashminas a lot. Love suede for shoes and boots. I get some clothes made for me and I will get things altered to get the right neckline or the perfect fit.

I am a fan of the lagenlook style for casual but do also go for jeans. I am, however, never one to just throw on jeans and a tshirt.

I haven't bought any Q clothes for a couple of years now. I still wear the 3 Kim tops I have (occasionally) and my Centigrade coat will have its third or fourth winter coming up. Apart from that, nothing. My lifestyle isn't what QVC are aiming at, which is I think what Tinkerbelle has just highlighted, smart workwear. I dress for ease of wear, smart casual and buy from the high street, amazon, ebay, Woolovers and Land's End sales online. (eg Just bought 2 cashmere and merino cardies and a cashmere and merino sweater for £70 the lot new from Woolovers and I love the quality). QVC don't stand a chance. Way too expensive.

There's a difference between QVC "designers" and actual real designers and that's London, New York and Paris. Somehow I can't see Yong Kim, Join or Quackery Factory at any of those shows. I have a couple of actual real designer dresses for special occasions, the rest of the time I'm a woman of leisure and dress accordingly in comfortable day wear, but I've got to say, even I wouldn't buy any QVC "fashion"

Oh i have a centigrade coat I forgot about that, I have once tried Onjenu but returned it as I didn't like the fit.

Yes I have had a few Onjenu dresses that did not fit me too - it is trial and error.

I have a few selected items from various brands: Kim and Co denim leggings and sleeveless tunic swing tops, a cardigan from Renee, a cardigan and a few camis from Michele Hope, a lot of Birkenstocks, a couple of pairs of Emus, a few Carole Hochman pyjamas. I don't buy Dennis Basso on principle due to his use of real fur; ditto Bob Mackie. I have liked some of the latest Marla Wynne designs but have not bought yet. I also have a few Dreamkeeper tops - love them. Tried Diane Gilman but even short length is far too long for me.

I have a centigrade coat I nought recently which I wish I had sent back, but I've been unwell following radiotherapy and couldn't be bothered to get it picked up. It's nit a patch in the coat I had from debenhams a few years ago filled with down.

I know this is going to make me sound like a right old fogey (at 55!) but when I was looking for nighties for hospital in June I discovered Bon Marche. A lot of what they have is not my thing - elasticacted waists etc- but I have bought three really beautiful tops in their sale and saw a sweater online that I am temped to order ( a longer tunic style.) I used to scoff at my mum shopping in Bon marche but have to accept I'm getting older lol without resorting to some of the overpriced tat ( plus ridiculous p&p) I regularly see on QVC. The only thing that annoys me is that their deliver to store option is really really slow- usually 10-14 days which I think is ridiculous these days.

I went in to a local chain store here (Dunnes) yesterday and they had their autumn stock in - some nice colours and I bought a tunic for £20 (full price). It will do me fine for work and over jeans - its not the heaviest of materials but all the clothes now adays seem to be either as thin as anything or big thick wollens - nothing inbetween.

This is no worse than anything else on the DHS and certainly as good as most on Q for a fraction of the price. In fact I would have bought more if they had it in other colours but I didnt have time to look around but I will go back in again.

I have a centigrade coat I nought recently which I wish I had sent back, but I've been unwell following radiotherapy and couldn't be bothered to get it picked up. It's nit a patch in the coat I had from debenhams a few years ago filled with down.

I know this is going to make me sound like a right old fogey (at 55!) but when I was looking for nighties for hospital in June I discovered Bon Marche. A lot of what they have is not my thing - elasticacted waists etc- but I have bought three really beautiful tops in their sale and saw a sweater online that I am temped to order ( a longer tunic style.) I used to scoff at my mum shopping in Bon marche but have to accept I'm getting older lol without resorting to some of the overpriced tat ( plus ridiculous p&p) I regularly see on QVC. The only thing that annoys me is that their deliver to store option is really really slow- usually 10-14 days which I think is ridiculous these days.

I two bought a centigrade coat last year when they were previewing winter fashion, the jacket was supposed to be 47ins chest...allowing myself about 5ins, so I didn't try it on for months....when I did I felt as if I was in a straight jacket, still hanging in my wardrobe unworn. I haven't been tempted with their so called fashion since. Hope you are feeling better now SuziQ.

I'm really just lazy and I could look for better deals but I see something on QVC and think "I'll see what it's like". Usually I keep it because I like it or kind of like it, but often I keep it because I can't be bothered to send it back. I just got a couple of things from Joe Browns and I LOVE them. I've loads of their things that really suit me so maybe I should stop looking at QVC fashion and buy things I know I like. JB isn't cheap but the prices are on a par with Q and they're not stretchy or polyester lol. My OH gets his kill at the models on QVC "pinging" the fabric on their clothes - he starts pinging his socks. Quite amusing but you probably have to be there . . . .

CC

Latest posts

Back