Quick question

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

OMG!!! I thought you were having a laugh AND She's reviewing it from the bathroom. Well you'll be pleased to know that she feels very comfortable after using it. I guess we should be thankful that she didn't say "I've just washed "Sheila" and she said thank you!!! Or worse still a live demo! She has also reviewed a big bottle of SBC collagen gel which is exactly the same as the one I bought a while ago brand new in a charity shop for £2.99 - It's alright but I wouldn't rave about it. She said she got it for a present but has only just started using it and according to her it works wonders, so she's just spent another £28 on another set of their products, another £50 on a square of fabric from Marla, and of course the £20 odd quid for the douche. I hope this lady finds what she's looking for, sadly she won't find it on QVC!
I thought it was a joke too, but had a look & sure enough Hyacinth is ‘Hello Qurios, the postman has just brought this’ yet again.In fact I counted 17 ‘broadcasts’.The amount of money spent must be staggering she is obviously a lady with a huge amount of disposable income.Yet it is so frivolous and wasteful, spending on a set of SBC so she can get a smaller bottle of the Collagen gel.Does she not think of decanting from the large size into those plastic travel bottles costing a couple of £s at most?The postage alone on these items would feed a family for a week.

I thought it was a joke too, but had a look & sure enough Hyacinth is ‘Hello Qurios, the postman has just brought this’ yet again.In fact I counted 17 ‘broadcasts’.The amount of money spent must be staggering she is obviously a lady with a huge amount of disposable income.Yet it is so frivolous and wasteful, spending on a set of SBC so she can get a smaller bottle of the Collagen gel.Does she not think of decanting from the large size into those plastic travel bottles costing a couple of £s at most?The postage alone on these items would feed a family for a week.
Exactly, and then when the big bottle's run out, buy another one. I've got a massive bottle of SBC arnica gel in the bathroom and it's brilliant but I've never felt the need to stockpile just in case, I haven't the room for starters! I simply do not understand people buying so much stuff from a company that charges so much just to deliver the stuff when most places if you spend over a certain amount won't charge you a penny. I totally don't see the point in reviewing a vaginal douche/arse wash. The presenters have told us that it what it does ie, it won't irritate your clunge, you can use it on your backside, and your old man's meat n' two veg - We don't need to know that you've just "been in" and the job's a good'un! Without turning this into another Qurio thread - I think we'd better get back to discussing our tea drinking habits lol!

Exactly, and then when the big bottle's run out, buy another one. I've got a massive bottle of SBC arnica gel in the bathroom and it's brilliant but I've never felt the need to stockpile just in case, I haven't the room for starters! I simply do not understand people buying so much stuff from a company that charges so much just to deliver the stuff when most places if you spend over a certain amount won't charge you a penny. I totally don't see the point in reviewing a vaginal douche/arse wash. The presenters have told us that it what it does ie, it won't irritate your clunge, you can use it on your backside, and your old man's meat n' two veg - We don't need to know that you've just "been in" and the job's a good'un! Without turning this into another Qurio thread - I think we'd better get back to discussing our tea drinking habits lol!

I love the arnica. It really works for me. As well an ibuprofen gel but faster and I can apply it more often.

Yes, let's get back to the tea habit discussion. I'll have to get a fresh cup, though. I snorted when I got to the clunge bit :ROFLMAO:

Okay, my mind's not been very sharp the last few days but I signed up to that Qurios app thing but can't find a search function to check out the "clunge" stuff review.

Help, please.

Almost as funny as the Amazon reviews for Veet men’s hair remover.
The hilarious one who claimed to look like an elderly Rastafarian was utterly traumatised while using it but still gave it 4 stars. And luckily I live alone so don't have to avoid the ice cream (can't believe he put it back in the freezer!)🙄

And for hilarious reviews of amazon purchases, here's a selection from those on amazon for the Bic "For Her" Pens.
Wonderful piss takes. Respect to all those that wrote them!!!

I get that certain soaps/bath products are a no no for some people’s nether regions but I’m pretty damn sure that there are more cost effective solutions out there! It might be in a fancy bottle and have lovely sounding ingredients but at the end of the day it’s for your chuff and its neighbour who lives at the bottom of the garden, and maybe wouldn’t create the ambiance of a strategically placed bottle of Molton Brown. Let’s face it, it’s gonna live in the bathroom cabinet with your Anusol and corn plasters!
So there is anusol in your cupboard then?

Brillo Pad & a dash of Vim does the jo

Eek! Yikes! My eyes are watering...

I`m from Lancashire and I love builders tea, as does Mr V. He`s an ex miner and there were no kettles, taps (or anything else) 2 miles underground and the heat was so unbearable many of the face workers would work in just their underwear, hard hat and lamp and their boots. Many of them became dehydrated so most of them took down a bottle of water and a billy can filled with strong black tea which they drank cold.
My Mum loved strong tea too and she refused to use teabags so she literally scooped a spoonful of loose tea into a mug and added lots of sugar but barely a drop of milk. The teapot only came out if we had visitors and we had to remember not to drain the cup unless we wanted a mouth full of tea leaves. When we went to visit her she never asked would we like a cup of tea but would we like a "brew" ?
Her one moan about the War was the rationing of sugar and tea, especially sugar because Mum had a very sweet tooth and would load her tea with 3 heaped spoons of sugar. She hated unsweetened tea and vowed to never run short of sugar again. When she died and I helped Dad empty the house ready to sell it, we found bags and bags and bags of sugar hidden away in the backs of cupboards and some of it had been there so long it was as hard as concrete.
As for the overpriced fanny wash, well some daft buggers will buy it but I won`t be one of them.
As for the overpriced fanny wash, well some daft buggers will buy it but I won`t be one of them.<<

I hear a voice saying this in a Lancs accent. Very funny

Thanks. I'll check it out in the morning. I think it was Holly Dolly that had all the reviews I initially saw but gave up reading.
I think she's on her 288th now which is bonkers. One of the last things she reviewed was a pair of rather ghastly light up ornaments, she panned around the room and sadly the home is well on its way to being a hoarder's house. I can only presume that her and her husband are both hoarders as I know if I was spending and filling up our home the way she's doing then my husband would be furious, but I would like to add that he'd be caring enough to try and get to the bottom of what's causing my addiction and try and help me out of it. The sad thing is that he seems to be doing nothing and it takes people who don't know her from Adam to see there's a problem and a big one at that. The other "Qurios" simply encourage her as she probably serves to normalise their own spending habits. There's spending and there's wasting money and going by the vast majority of what she's buying, her money is being well and truly wasted!

I think she's on her 288th now which is bonkers. One of the last things she reviewed was a pair of rather ghastly light up ornaments, she panned around the room and sadly the home is well on its way to being a hoarder's house. I can only presume that her and her husband are both hoarders as I know if I was spending and filling up our home the way she's doing then my husband would be furious, but I would like to add that he'd be caring enough to try and get to the bottom of what's causing my addiction and try and help me out of it. The sad thing is that he seems to be doing nothing and it takes people who don't know her from Adam to see there's a problem and a big one at that. The other "Qurios" simply encourage her as she probably serves to normalise their own spending habits. There's spending and there's wasting money and going by the vast majority of what she's buying, her money is being well and truly wasted!
I can't watch Querio in Italy. However, from reading your post, it occurs to me that the woman's husband could be a reason for her obsessional spending.

Don't forget Merry, she has a caravan to fill up as well!!

I wonder if her husband indulges her to keep her happy, or maybe just doesn't know how to deal with it.

I wonder if her husband indulges her to keep her happy, or maybe just doesn't know how to deal with it.
Impossible to know - It could be either of those two things. Maybe she wears the trousers so to speak and he's not got the oomph to challenge her behaviour. Possibly the property belongs to her as she's from a wealthy background or untraditionally she's been the main/sole breadwinner, her house, her rules. It's easy to generalise especially when discussing those who are of the lets say more traditional "old school" generations. One would generalise that most men wouldn't be prepared/able to tolerate such spendthrift behaviour especially when the money's going on tawdry trinkets, make up, skincare etc. How many of us haven't had our fella ask why we put all this "stuff" on our faces, why we own 50 handbags when their own mother had just one that would be replaced only when the old one broke? but like you say it could simply be a case of "if it makes you happy dear!" - Thing is, it can't do as her desire to spend and accumulate is never sated😥

Impossible to know - It could be either of those two things. Maybe she wears the trousers so to speak and he's not got the oomph to challenge her behaviour. Possibly the property belongs to her as she's from a wealthy background or untraditionally she's been the main/sole breadwinner, her house, her rules. It's easy to generalise especially when discussing those who are of the lets say more traditional "old school" generations. One would generalise that most men wouldn't be prepared/able to tolerate such spendthrift behaviour especially when the money's going on tawdry trinkets, make up, skincare etc. How many of us haven't had our fella ask why we put all this "stuff" on our faces, why we own 50 handbags when their own mother had just one that would be replaced only when the old one broke? but like you say it could simply be a case of "if it makes you happy dear!" - Thing is, it can't do as her desire to spend and accumulate is never sated😥
My husband just wants me to be happy and trusts me to manage my money sensibly. We have three bank accounts: mine, his and the household one where all the bills go out from. We both pay into the household one. My account is for me. As my grown up daughters say, “I earn it so I burn it.” My husband uses his for his own hobbies. We go halves on holidays. If he questioned my spending, I would tell him to butt out.

My husband just wants me to be happy and trusts me to manage my money sensibly. We have three bank accounts: mine, his and the household one where all the bills go out from. We both pay into the household one. My account is for me. As my grown up daughters say, “I earn it so I burn it.” My husband uses his for his own hobbies. We go halves on holidays. If he questioned my spending, I would tell him to butt out.
But if your spending was affecting his wellbeing ie filling up your shared living space with clutter would he speak up? I think in this case it's not about the spending it's about what it's being spent on. I've had a few tiffs in the past with my oh when he's accused me of using up all the wardrobe space with my clothes - I now have my own clothes rails upstairs as space is quite limited in our place. I know if I was constantly adding ornaments to our living space, he wouldn't be happy. When your living space is shared then you have to consider that someone else has to live with your choices.

We've had a joint account ever since we got married in the late sixties. He's always earned more than me, even now with his pensions and he's never been mean with money. My money was never taken into account when we had a mortgage so we never overstretched ourselves.
We've realised now,with no children or mortgage if we want something we get it. Don't overspend and still put money into savings every month.
You never know what life's going to throw at you.

But if your spending was affecting his wellbeing ie filling up your shared living space with clutter would he speak up? I think in this case it's not about the spending it's about what it's being spent on. I've had a few tiffs in the past with my oh when he's accused me of using up all the wardrobe space with my clothes - I now have my own clothes rails upstairs as space is quite limited in our place. I know if I was constantly adding ornaments to our living space, he wouldn't be happy. When your living space is shared then you have to consider that someone else has to live with your choices.
I do not buy anything for the home by myself, that is always a joint decision. I dislike ornaments; have cats and I hate clutter. I trust his home design ideas more than my own.

Don't forget Merry, she has a caravan to fill up as well!!
I think she must’ve heard you! She’s bought the Neom tsv for the van and has them tastefully displayed on the shelf beside her 50 shades novels. Mind boggling enough she referred to the stuff as “medicine” if I heard her correctly she bought all three sets - that’s the best part of £150 o_O

Latest posts

Back