Quick question

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think she must’ve heard you! She’s bought the Neom tsv for the van and has them tastefully displayed on the shelf beside her 50 shades novels. Mind boggling enough she referred to the stuff as “medicine” if I heard her correctly she bought all three sets - that’s the best part of £150 o_O
What!!!!! I've not logged in to Quorio for a few months, I think I'll install it again and have a look. How much more does she need?? I'd love her to read these comments, I personally think that she needs to get out more, even do a stint in a charity shop perhaps??

What!!!!! I've not logged in to Quorio for a few months, I think I'll install it again and have a look. How much more does she need?? I'd love her to read these comments, I personally think that she needs to get out more, even do a stint in a charity shop perhaps??
I've said that before, and getting first dibs on some "real" bargains would be heaven for her I'd have thought (though it could add to the clutter problem!) I dunno about her reading these comments but she definitely needs some kind of guidance before she buries the pair of them under a mountain of "stuff"

I think she must’ve heard you! She’s bought the Neom tsv for the van and has them tastefully displayed on the shelf beside her 50 shades novels. Mind boggling enough she referred to the stuff as “medicine” if I heard her correctly she bought all three sets - that’s the best part of £150 o_O
If she’s as fully into the 50 Shades books as she is the Q, it might go someway to explaining why her husband doesn’t give a stuff about her filling the house with crap.

I've said that before, and getting first dibs on some "real" bargains would be heaven for her I'd have thought (though it could add to the clutter problem!) I dunno about her reading these comments but she definitely needs some kind of guidance before she buries the pair of them under a mountain of "stuff"
Oh the irony of it!! Just watched her Neom review (£180 plus postage and packing!!!). Did you notice beside the 50 shades novels was a Sophie Kinsella - one of her shopoholic books!!!!! Once again I have no words😂

She bought all three sets?This woman is oblivious to anything apart from buying from QVC, or so it seems.Talk about ’money to burn’ but I find it a tad sad that someone almost on a daily basis must be opening parcels and putting them on something like Qurio.I am a single household and even when my partner was alive with our own properties we split any spending on things like holidays down the middle.Through work and now the pension earned I have always had my own money.Of course I have the odd indulgence, the comment ‘ANOTHER bag’! Hey it’s my money that has paid for it! Spending a spouses/ partner’s cash is an unknown to me & even my own is considered.At the moment I am tempted by a more far flung holiday, but caution is hovering.I even have the money although it would mean dipping into the savings pot, but I haven’t worked on myself to take the plunge just yet although the clock is ticking by when I might be able to go!That is probably as mad as someone spending on a mountain of trivia on a daily basis?

She bought all three sets?This woman is oblivious to anything apart from buying from QVC, or so it seems.Talk about ’money to burn’ but I find it a tad sad that someone almost on a daily basis must be opening parcels and putting them on something like Qurio.I am a single household and even when my partner was alive with our own properties we split any spending on things like holidays down the middle.Through work and now the pension earned I have always had my own money.Of course I have the odd indulgence, the comment ‘ANOTHER bag’! Hey it’s my money that has paid for it! Spending a spouses/ partner’s cash is an unknown to me & even my own is considered.At the moment I am tempted by a more far flung holiday, but caution is hovering.I even have the money although it would mean dipping into the savings pot, but I haven’t worked on myself to take the plunge just yet although the clock is ticking by when I might be able to go!That is probably as mad as someone spending on a mountain of trivia on a daily basis?
Absolutely not, it's a once in a lifetime experience, not a pile of stuff. Go for it and enjoy, you've worked for it!

Absolutely not, it's a once in a lifetime experience, not a pile of stuff. Go for it and enjoy, you've worked for it!
I regret not going on holidays before the insurance started to cost almost as much as the holiday! I don't know your age, but insurance ramps up as you get older, and any existing conditions aren't covered. So go when you can.

Oh I can feel the other side of me ( I am a very typical Gemini!!) the side that says get on with it becoming dominant. You are right Strato the insurance, but also I am fortunate to have at the moment very little to declare & I am 76.I don’t take that for granted I saw my partner’s life change in seconds with a terminal diagnosis.Thanks for your comments, I know you are right!

Silver. When I was young I preferred to travel alone and I did. One day I met a girl who had never travelled that much and I suggested she come with me to the Caribbean. 35 years later she is my rock. I still travel alone and Mr CC lets me get on with it. You find yourself. You can have cocktails at 10am if you want and you can go to bed at tea time. To travel is to live. Get on with it :D

CC x

I regret not going on holidays before the insurance started to cost almost as much as the holiday! I don't know your age, but insurance ramps up as you get older, and any existing conditions aren't covered. So go when you can.
And yes i pay a fortune for insurance as I have "conditions" but my Gran used to say "you're a long time dead" so I just pay it and go.

CC

OMG!! Doesn’t she go on and on about the Neom items?! Personally, don’t think a candle in a caravan is a good idea but that’s probably just me.

Spending over £180 on this sort of thing astounds me too.

I’m totally ok with people spending their money how they want to - as long as they can afford it - but this woman does appear to have a problem. I wonder if it’s just QVC she buys from or do you think she orders online from other places too?

Her saying “Hello Quorios” at the beginning of every video is really annoying!!

Before anyone says it, yes I shouldn’t watch her, but it’s fascinating viewing!!

Last edited:
OMG!! Doesn’t she go on and on about the Neom items?! Personally, don’t think a candle in a caravan is a good idea but that’s probably just me.
I agree. I won't light candles anymore. A few months back, when I had a cold, I lit a candle in the evening. The next morning, I was horrified to discover the smouldering remains; it had been burning unattended all night. It scared me. To burn a candle in a caravan gives me shudders now.

I've done that. We live in our caravan six months of the year and I won't light candles as I forget they are lit. What if I went out and left it and Bry was in the van and it caught light. I feel sick just thinking about it. No more candles for me.

CC

Silver. When I was young I preferred to travel alone and I did. One day I met a girl who had never travelled that much and I suggested she come with me to the Caribbean. 35 years later she is my rock. I still travel alone and Mr CC lets me get on with it. You find yourself. You can have cocktails at 10am if you want and you can go to bed at tea time. To travel is to live. Get on with it :D

CC x
So true, you are all a ‘terrible influence’ but I love it!

Silver Fox, do the holiday. I'm going on my first cruise later this year, I'm on my own so its a bit more expensive than as a couple. I'm in my late 50s so still working and it's all paid off. It's totally out of my comfort zone as I haven't done much on my own but I'm going for it. I have a chronic health condition that's under control now but could get bad in the future and affect my mobility. All I need to do is decide is what sunbed to pick on deck! Go for it, you won't regret it.

Silver Fox, do the holiday. I'm going on my first cruise later this year, I'm on my own so its a bit more expensive than as a couple. I'm in my late 50s so still working and it's all paid off. It's totally out of my comfort zone as I haven't done much on my own but I'm going for it. I have a chronic health condition that's under control now but could get bad in the future and affect my mobility. All I need to do is decide is what sunbed to pick on deck! Go for it, you won't regret it.
Ooh what ship and were are you going???

Latest posts

Back