Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Exactly! One would think that this app would be useful tool for them as well as their customers, but as we can see it's a shoddy "thrown together at the last minute app" that nobody in QVC towers gives a flying f*ck about. We can see that QVC don't care about feedback- On their FB page there are umpteen customer complaints regarding P&P, but they're just not listening. I think because shopping channels have fallen out of favour over the years and there's so very few left, they fall under the radar. If QVC no more than an online concern, they'd have been out of business years ago, and they most certainly wouldn't have survived the high street. Unfortunately they're still able to "talk to people" (brainwash) by the medium of television and that's what's keeping them alive! Watchdog really need to get hold of this story, but they won't cause like I said they slip under the radar because shopping channels are niche nowadays. Niche, they may be, but they're fleecing people in plain sight and getting away with it!
They are going to have to attract more customer, but I can’t see how they are going to do it. Anyone who is used to buying online from businesses that charge delivery per order or like Next let you pay £20 for unlimited deliveries isn’t going to pay per item. Ok there’s the odd TSV that’s decent value, but who would pay their delivery charges for clothing only to get “the letter” when they return too much. Now there are so many other options QVC need to change, but it’s not happening.

If you aren’t in to the beauty TSV’s there is no longer any reason to buy from Q
Spot on! The gardening is way overpriced and nothing unusual I used to buy a lot of Gardening items many years ago. At Chelsea flower show QVC had a stand believe it or not and said they were going to branch out into a more lux gardening experience. Which they did. Lux means triple the price of your local garden centre or 10 times the price of the supermarket.

Just remember Strato, make sure your collection are ready to be used in case of power cuts, and you know where to get them in said power cut.

I have a dinky but powerful key ring torch which has come in handy over the years. It was given to me and I thought oh! But I have had light blubs blow and had to use it.
We had a powerful one time and I went to look for candles and tried switching the light on to get them.🤣🤣🤣
Hubby found me crying with laughter in the kitchen floor.

We had a powerful one time and I went to look for candles and tried switching the light on to get them.🤣🤣🤣
Hubby found me crying with laughter in the kitchen floor.
Sorry should have read we had a power cut one time and I went to look for candles and tried switching the light on to get them.🤣🤣🤣
Hubby found me crying with laughter on the kitchen floor.
Don't know what has happened to my tablet since Android did an upgrade recently. The words are correct but when I post it has changed the word. This has happened on numerous occasions and sites.

I was wondering what you were doing to have a powerful time . 😂

I blame autocorrect when that kind of thing happens. 😉 The amount of iffy texts or iMessages I’ve sent is embarrassing because the phone or iPad decides to change a few letters for me. 😳 Isn’t technology wonderful.

Lola’s just summed up the “ethos” of this app in one sentence- “I don’t need these, I don’t have any room for these, but I bought them anyway “
Over £70 spent on a set of bundleberry trunks and one of them she’s admitted she doesn’t even like - she said that she can’t use a couple she’s already got cause they’re stuck on top of the wardrobe. She needs to spend some of her plentiful cash pot on some therapy, not retail therapy of course!

I have already made comment on this in another thread! People thankfully have the freedom to spend their money where and in whatever way they wish, however who would want to show themselves up as totally mindless, insensitive and self indulged? Stupid!

I have already made comment on this in another thread! People thankfully have the freedom to spend their money where and in whatever way they wish, however who would want to show themselves up as totally mindless, insensitive and self indulged? Stupid!
It's the physical version of the often mis-attributed "better to be silent, and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt".

Another couple of observations regarding our Hyacinth. Firstly, she always sounds as though someone who’s been woken up in the middle of the night! The other one is that for somebody who spends so much money on her nails - aren’t they disgusting? 🤮 long and yellow and from the back, they don’t look very clean! Looks like she’s got, or has had a 50 a day habit!
No cruise mentioned this time but a shout out to her caravan/holiday home . She said she’s gonna buy an extra set of these nail files for that very purpose. ..Jeez!

Nicola’s just done another review, this time on the Danni Minogue dress. She’s sending it back because she doesn’t think it suits her, which I guess is fair enough. However, she must spend so much on the P&P for everything she sends back that it makes me wonder why she bothers buying anything from QVC in the first place.

Nicola’s just done another review, this time on the Danni Minogue dress. She’s sending it back because she doesn’t think it suits her, which I guess is fair enough. However, she must spend so much on the P&P for everything she sends back that it makes me wonder why she bothers buying anything from QVC in the first place.
The internet’s a bit patchy where I’m staying at the moment, so I can see the picture but the actual video won’t load properly. From the little I can see , I can only say that that dreadful print and mush of colours wouldn’t suit anybody! Probably one of the plain coloured ones would’ve suited her better. The amount of money she must spend on returns is staggering!

Another couple of observations regarding our Hyacinth. Firstly, she always sounds as though someone who’s been woken up in the middle of the night! The other one is that for somebody who spends so much money on her nails - aren’t they disgusting? 🤮 long and yellow and from the back, they don’t look very clean! Looks like she’s got, or has had a 50 a day habit!
No cruise mentioned this time but a shout out to her caravan/holiday home . She said she’s gonna buy an extra set of these nail files for that very purpose. ..Jeez!
I'm lucky enough to have a caravan and the very last thing you would need there is a nail file lol. Any old excuse to buy rubbish eh? Actually a nail file might be useful for unblocking the shower drain now I come to think about it :sneaky:

CC

I'm lucky enough to have a caravan and the very last thing you would need there is a nail file lol. Any old excuse to buy rubbish eh? Actually a nail file might be useful for unblocking the shower drain now I come to think about it :sneaky:

CC
Lol :ROFLMAO: We do too :love: ( and we are in it as I type!) I leave some stuff here, like cleaning stuff, picnic chairs to take out, and a hairdryer but seriously never crossed my mind that I would need a separate nail file set :unsure: maybe I'm doing something wrong...............or maybe Hyacinth just wanted to show off...

The internet’s a bit patchy where I’m staying at the moment, so I can see the picture but the actual video won’t load properly. From the little I can see , I can only say that that dreadful print and mush of colours wouldn’t suit anybody! Probably one of the plain coloured ones would’ve suited her better. The amount of money she must spend on returns is staggering!

She said the shape was wrong for her because she hasn’t got a waist and is a square shape (her words not mine.)

She also had QVC on in the background. I think a few of the others have had that on in their videos as well. Maybe they haven’t realised that there is more than one channel on televisions. 🙄

Latest posts

Back