Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Reminds of Ruth Ellis’s fate. Never comfortable with the concept of a woman swinging from a rope. Then again, I would be even more uncomfortable with an axe in me noggin…

My wife died in 2021. I was particularly emotionally reliant on her, and in many ways for practical things, too. She was a senior NHS nurse manager and very much things had to be done her (Matron's) way, - including domestically at home. So like most men in that position, it was best to let her get on with it - as whenever I did do a job that she normally did, it was never right and she usually then re-did it! Since her death, I obviously have to do everything around the house and look after three dogs at the same time. But I cope and I was determined to cope.
My partner's mother is 85 and her husband died about five years ago. There IS an example of a relationship where he did absolutely everything for her. Every domestic task at home he did. Every practical task in general he did. He was her emotional rock also. As a result, she is completely hopeless, both emotionally and in practical terms without him, and it is my poor, unfortunate partner who now has had to take on his role at the age of 63. Hence, it is difficult to generalise on which sex, post a bereavement, finds it more difficult to cope, or cope at all. It varies from case to case.
Your mother in law would feel damn proud of herself if she started accomplishing tasks. If she's mentally and physically OK, it's not too late for her. Not fair on your partner, as well.

Reminds of Ruth Ellis’s fate. Never comfortable with the concept of a woman swinging from a rope. Then again, I would be even more uncomfortable with an axe in me noggin…
You bet!

Not forgetting the impact on people who are capable of living alone but who physically or mentally can't do what they want to do like painting, gardening, accounts etc, as against those who choose not to do these things. The loss of a partner who isn't necessarily a carer but who does what the other half can't is unimaginable.

Back to Qurio and the last 13 reviews are all from Hollydolly. Her house must be like a tardis to hold all her purchases.
Bet she's been glued to the box there last few days, think her poor postman will be well and truly knackered this coming week!! I've watched a few programmes and have seen enough tat to last a fair while!

Back to Qurio and the last 13 reviews are all from Hollydolly. Her house must be like a tardis to hold all her purchases.
If you look back a tiny bit further( before the 13) you'll find three from different people and another 11 from her. Apart from the fact she's spending money on what a lot of people (myself included) would class as unnecessary/pure tat ,the amount she must be spending on postage* is staggering. If you think that £3.95 seems to be the norm, times that by 24 and you're talking £95 - Complete and utter madness!

* It's a shame the proceeds don't go to her postman - he/she ****** deserves it!

If you look back a tiny bit further( before the 13) you'll find three from different people and another 11 from her. Apart from the fact she's spending money on what a lot of people (myself included) would class as unnecessary/pure tat ,the amount she must be spending on postage* is staggering. If you think that £3.95 seems to be the norm, times that by 24 and you're talking £95 - Complete and utter madness!

* It's a shame the proceeds don't go to her postman - he/she ****** deserves it!

Maybe one of the "gifts" purchased is for said postman! He/she surely deserves something - he/she visits the property more times than anyone else on God's earth by the sounds of it!!

Hycanith’s just spent another £25 on nail files. She couldn’t resist because this set comes in a bag that has the same design as the nail file pouch she bought last year, so an obvious “must have”
Omg though? What is it with these people and QV bliddy C? Someone has actually expressed their annoyance that some of the brand ambassadors have cited reviews from non QVC customers- I mean how very dare they!!! And I quote “It’s immensely annoying for us loyal QVC customers who trust the reviews and opinions of the QVC community” - so basically if you bought your Dyson from Amazon and gave it top marks then it’s not worth hearing about ! Wtf are some of these people on?!

Hycanith’s just spent another £25 on nail files. She couldn’t resist because this set comes in a bag that has the same design as the nail file pouch she bought last year, so an obvious “must have”
Omg though? What is it with these people and QV bliddy C? Someone has actually expressed their annoyance that some of the brand ambassadors have cited reviews from non QVC customers- I mean how very dare they!!! And I quote “It’s immensely annoying for us loyal QVC customers who trust the reviews and opinions of the QVC community” - so basically if you bought your Dyson from Amazon and gave it top marks then it’s not worth hearing about ! Wtf are some of these people on?!
Have just had a look on. Quorio.
Latest video, nailfile and bag. Not at all happy because bag is patterned on one side only!
Read some reviews, only trust QVC reviews, not nasty Amazon or Estee Lauder websites!
All I have to say is, get a ******** life people. Look around and be thankful that you don't live in Greece/Ukraine etc. Honestly, talk about 3rd world problems!

Probably fumes from all the candles🤣

I haven’t seen Qurio for a while.I get an embarrassed feeling for the ‘reviewers’ as though I want to send in ‘help’ to get them back into the real world, an intervention? Is that as bizarre as it sounds?
Ah!!! At last, we finally discover Qurio is actually QVC's version of Barbie World. Everything is fantastic and no doubt plastic. QVC implant a chip which flashes Warning Danger if any of the faithful try to enter the real world.

I haven’t seen Qurio for a while.I get an embarrassed feeling for the ‘reviewers’ as though I want to send in ‘help’ to get them back into the real world, an intervention? Is that as bizarre as it sounds?
Not bizarre at all, but as we all know, a lot of us from personal experience that no amount of input from others will help, it's got to come from within. The closure of Qurio might help a bit as it could take the edge of some of these purchases. The small handful of people who did proper reviews by which I mean weren't just showing off their latest haul from clearance,(often unavailable) or slapping skincare on top of skincare have all gone. It was never great, but now it's worse. The pity I have now is that the few contributors left might as well be whistling into the wind, the interest has gone, they must enjoy doing the reviews otherwise they wouldn't bother surely. I guess that if one's whole day is devoted to QVC it's part of the regime. I really feel like commenting at times "For the love of God stop wasting money" but I wouldn't be that harsh and as I said before it would be pointless, as the "wake up call" has to come from within. I hope it happens!

Latest posts

Back