Qvc Beauty Awards

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ClaireKelly

Registered Shopper
I see Liz Earle didn’t get the best cleanser award for C&P..think they’ve won it for years!
Elemis took the award with their cleansing balm.

Wonder if this is a result of so many long term customers leaving Liz Earle? I must admit I was shocked when I saw they didn’t win…

Personally I have never liked the Cleanse and polish. I love Eucalytus but just not on my face. I don't know why. Also creamy cleansers not for me. Now the hero product of this range has to be the Superskin with Neroli. I am working my way through a huge stash and its the Superskins turn. Even though its really hot I just can't fault this moisturiser. Its off the scale fabulous.

I see Liz Earle didn’t get the best cleanser award for C&P..think they’ve won it for years!
Elemis took the award with their cleansing balm.

Wonder if this is a result of so many long term customers leaving Liz Earle? I must admit I was shocked when I saw they didn’t win…

I did wonder if their recent disregard for customers would affect their chances of winning best cleanser this year. I’m glad they didn’t win to be honest. Just shows that you shouldn’t assume anything when you start to change things unnecessarily. It’s the first time ever that C&P hasn’t won in the Q awards and very justifiable IMO.

Personally I have never liked the Cleanse and polish. I love Eucalytus but just not on my face. I don't know why. Also creamy cleansers not for me. Now the hero product of this range has to be the Superskin with Neroli. I am working my way through a huge stash and its the Superskins turn. Even though its really hot I just can't fault this moisturiser. Its off the scale fabulous.
I love the superskin moisturiser. I could use it all year round, but as I had to use up a few jars of stash, I am restricting it to the winter months. Just wish they would have a superskin TSV without all the paste and serums.

I did wonder if their recent disregard for customers would affect their chances of winning best cleanser this year. I’m glad they didn’t win to be honest. Just shows that you shouldn’t assume anything when you start to change things unnecessarily. It’s the first time ever that C&P hasn’t won in the Q awards and very justifiable IMO.
That’s very significant then isn’t it…. I do agree with your post. I’ve said for a while that I think they are in trouble. There are sales on all the time, on the LE website and at Boots. Even today, the orange blossom body wash is in the £10 Tuesday sale at boots… I haven’t paid full price for LE for ages… and the changes and misleading (being tactful here!) statements they made have done them no favours.
I suspect they have seen a very significant drop in sales… and although I’m sad to see the much loved brand like this, I agree that it serves them right.

Aldi’s version is just as good as LE, in my opinion, and far cheaper.
I tried it a few years ago, and didn’t like it. But with costs rising everywhere I am looking for cheaper alternatives. So I bought one last time I was in Aldi. Going to try it next..

I tried it a few years ago, and didn’t like it. But with costs rising everywhere I am looking for cheaper alternatives. So I bought one last time I was in Aldi. Going to try it next..
The Superdrug ones are fantastic (imho)
I have very sensitive skin and have had absolutely no reaction to them.
I used the original LE C+P for years but found these about 8 years ago and actually prefer them - they’re gorgeously creamy and do a great job.
The first one is on ’buy on get one free atm)

Tho I've only been a member of this forum a short time I think it should sponsor an awards ... "The Shoppingtelly.com Shopping TV Awards". A glittering night of a thousand stars, and Simon Biagi.

...I'm sure it's been done before, but you should come up with some categories. The fun will be endless. ;P

The Superdrug ones are fantastic (imho)
I have very sensitive skin and have had absolutely no reaction to them.
I used the original LE C+P for years but found these about 8 years ago and actually prefer them - they’re gorgeously creamy and do a great job.
The first one is on ’buy on get one free atm)

Yes!
I didn’t like the naturally radiant one, but the vitamin E is lovely. They are always on offer! And so cheap you can afford to buy a few…

I am exactly the same, I cannot use Cleanse and Polish, it gives me eczema however I love their Superskin moisturiser. I am currently using some in the old packaging but I do have one in the new packaging, I wonder if when I get to it the formulation will be different.

Aldi’s version is just as good as LE, in my opinion, and far cheaper.
I agree it’s just as good. I’ve also been using the Lacura Rose facial oil which was lovely and left my skin feeling really soft and smooth, I say was as I’m now on the last dregs in the bottle and just like other stuff that gets good reviews on Aldi, you can’t get it in store and I’ve just looked online and it’s no longer available on the website 😕

I had to stop using C&P way back when they took out the almond milk and upped the cocoa butter. The latter is a cheap ingredient which can use blocked pores, many have no problem with it, but I do.

Anyone remember the fad of using Palmers Cocoa Butter as a cleanser? Did not last long as, so many broke out from it.

Latest posts

Back