QVC's New Returns Service.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well I have decided that I am only going to buy items online from now on that offer free returns. Just took a couple of small parcels to PO, a ring and a bracelet. Because they don't cover you for jewellery you have to use special delivery, which would have been almost £7 for the ring alone!! I told them to send it by normal first class and got a lecture on not being able to claim if it went missing. I told them it had never happened before so I was willing to take a chance. I also said it's cheaper to use these courier companies and was told that RM is a much better service that you could track.

So, that's it for me! I am about to leave for TK maxx, still searching for a perfect black leather bag (will update on the Lulu G saga later on that thread!) More real life shopping for me in 2014 I think!

All the stories on this forum about the perils and cost of returns put me right off buying anything from Q except where absolutely certain I will like it! So that excludes all clothes and shoes for a start. Personally I prefer to see what I am buying in a lot of instances. I do use click and collect for M&S and JLP because they are nearby so I can easily return but otherwise it sounds a nightmare in a lot of cases.

I used Click Collect for an Amazon return, changed my mind just before xmas. It is not free as Amazon deduct £3.30 off your return. However, once scanned at the shop, Amazon email to say we are refunding (less the £3.30) so no waiting for it to actually get back to Amazon.

Either go to Customer Care on QVC website and click on ‘how do I return an item under the 30 day mbg’ or go to the link provided previously earlier in this post. I would go through Q as I know it links directly to this page, rather than My Hermes in general.

You get to a page with QVC returns service at the top. Press Continue at the bottom.

Log in, then your address details should be completed automatically, you then get to the page where you select the weight of your parcel, collection etc. Hope you can save some cash if you use it again!

According to Q/Hermes there is not 1 single collection point in the whole of N Ireland, unless I am missing something.

I dread it when I find something coming by courier as it is a nightmare to rearrange delivery or else it is just lobbed over fence. RM leave a card and I can pick it up at my convenience and my regular postie is a sweetie who really goes out of his way to help. Mind you he is bewildered as I haven't had anything since late summer until today when a YC wait list item arrived.

I did use the JLP collect service before Xmas for quite a big (and expensive) item and it was good but not overly quick, I would certainly use it again.

Seems like a bit of a faff, especially if you don't live near one of their drop off places.

I returned an item to Waitrose yesterday that I ordered from John Lewis and collected at Waitrose. They took the item and didn't even swipe my card or anything, saying it would all be refunded once the returns note had been scanned. I was a bit skeptical, having handed over the item and having no proof, but hey ho. I went and chose a sandwich, paid, and returned to my car. I thought I had better check my phone before setting off and lo and behold, there was an email thanking me for my return and the refund was in process! ! Now that is customer service :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back