Refund gripes.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
When QVC keep pushing you to buy one of everything and then return what you don't like, they fail to mention not just how much it costs to return items but also how long it takes them to get round to it! I returned a coat via special delivery and I know it was delivered almost 2 weeks ago, and yet CS tell me that it's not yet been processed into the warehouse. They claim it can take 21 days to do that - WHY?! Surely someone there needs to scan the barcode on the returns label and mark it as received. Even with a high returns rate, I'm sure it can't take that long to do this simple task. The coat was almost £70 and I've lost almost £15 in postage both ways. I'm glad I have the Royal Mail receipt which I can use to prove that they have it. I think their service in this respect is disgusting. On the telephone I just got the standard corporate robot telling me about company policy but I'm not happy with that. Does anyone know what else I can do to push them? This isn't money going back to a credit card, it comes out of my bank, and, frankly, I need it back!

When QVC keep pushing you to buy one of everything and then return what you don't like, they fail to mention not just how much it costs to return items but also how long it takes them to get round to it! I returned a coat via special delivery and I know it was delivered almost 2 weeks ago, and yet CS tell me that it's not yet been processed into the warehouse. They claim it can take 21 days to do that - WHY?! Surely someone there needs to scan the barcode on the returns label and mark it as received. Even with a high returns rate, I'm sure it can't take that long to do this simple task. The coat was almost £70 and I've lost almost £15 in postage both ways. I'm glad I have the Royal Mail receipt which I can use to prove that they have it. I think their service in this respect is disgusting. On the telephone I just got the standard corporate robot telling me about company policy but I'm not happy with that. Does anyone know what else I can do to push them? This isn't money going back to a credit card, it comes out of my bank, and, frankly, I need it back!

Hi Moth
The first thing you can do is check the special delivery parcel reference on the royal mail website so you can see whn it was signed for just so that you no it has arrived safely..
In relation to the refund though, I don't think there is anything legally you could do to push them to issue a refund in the time they state it can take to be processed. Lots of companies take 30 days (approx) to process returns from mail order purchases. Sorry

Moth - not sure if this will help but check your refund definitely hasn't gone into your account already. I was waiting ages for a refund to appear and every time I called CS (over a period of 3 weeks) I was told it hadn't been received. However it turned out that my returned sandals had been keyed in incorrectly so when the CS operators I was speaking to were checking to see if my gold birkies had been returned (presumably under the gold birkie sandal code), they should have been looking at my purchase of silver birkies (an item I'd bought and kept) as that was where the return was listed under :taphead:

I feel your pain!

I had an issue with a Ojon Shine & Protect set inside was the Ultra Hydrating set they got it back after 3 weeks! Their refunds system is dire.

I have found the things that I have sent back recorded take much longer to show as returned on my account.

I can't believe I am about to defend QVC but I guess they do have to check what's in returns and not jsut scan them in at the door, so that will take some time. The could be getting bags of old nuts and bolts being sent back otherwise!

I returned an item at the beginning of last week ( 2nd class) & got an email to say it had been received back in the warehouse about 4 days later, checked earlier but the cash is not back in my account yet will see how long that takes.

Don't suppose it's of any use now Moth.but had you e-mailed them within 7 days of getting the coat, knowing it was to be returned they would have had to refund your original postage too..you only need to have forked out for the return postage :whew:

daydreamer

I always ring them within 7 days and cancel the order, then they have to give the p&p back which they have charged, but they never do it automatically I always have to ring them to remind them they have not given back p&p, but they always do it then, think its a way of getting out of it, if you dont notice.

Thanks for everyone's replies. After phoning and emailing, yesterday afternoon I received a reply from CS to say the item had been located in the warehouse and processed for a refund. I'm glad they've done that as I was worried it had been lost somewhere internally. I presume someone actually did some footwork to get that done, so thanks QVC if you're reading :)

Latest posts

Back