Ruth Langsford Fashion TSV 09/04/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There`s nothing the least special about any of Ruth`s clothes except maybe the price. Styles and fabrics which can be seen on a multitude of market stalls or high street shops and websites. Having said that, she must have a market for her stuff somewhere, somehow.
No accounting for peoples tastes and nope I`m not having a pop there, its meant as its been said "No ACCOUNTING" for tastes, we all have them and don`t need to justify them or account for them.
As for Ruth making more than a few bob, well it didn`t stop her hubby getting into trouble with the tax man and as long as she`s above board, pays her dues and doesn`t directly rob people then that`s fair enough.
Her future earnings will be short lived as QVC customers wane and younger generations refuse to touch her stuff with a bargepole.
She`s as stiff as a poker both in her appearances, her body language and her presentation and isn`t my cup of tea but hey ho, she obviously appeals to some folks.
Live, love, like, dislike are all descriptions of Q`s products, its presenters and its brand reps and the ones who come in for most stick are the so called stylists and so they should !
As an edit and a PS the live, love, like dislike etc written above applies to us lot on here too but much the same as we wouldn`t abuse a stranger in reality then none of us on here deserve to be abused by fellow forumites on a forum. Opinions matter, no matter negative or positive but there`s no place for abuse.

Last edited:
....... but there`s no place for abuse......

Absolutely. Which is why the best way to respond is to laugh it off.

My late husband taught me a valuable lesson. If I came home from work grumbling about a boss, or someone having a pop at me, he would say " don't respond in kind which results in an altercation, BUT when they start sounding off , AGREE with them ! because they do not expect that response ! it immediately puts them on the back foot and they don't know where to go from there". AND it works.

The next time it happened I did just that, I said "I know, I totally agree with you". The instigator then fumbled and mumbled because they couldn't follow up.

A very judgemental comment for someone who has such a high opinion of herself!!

'I like to think I have more taste and intelligence to be one of them.'

Believe me, you don't come over as being that bright.
This place is a cesspit of bile and bitterness, I just donā€™t get how you can call me downright rude. Just look at yourselves.
Please refrain from personal attacks against fellow forum members.

There`s nothing the least special about any of Ruth`s clothes except maybe the price. Styles and fabrics which can be seen on a multitude of market stalls or high street shops and websites. Having said that, she must have a market for her stuff somewhere, somehow.
No accounting for peoples tastes and nope I`m not having a pop there, its meant as its been said "No ACCOUNTING" for tastes, we all have them and don`t need to justify them or account for them.
As for Ruth making more than a few bob, well it didn`t stop her hubby getting into trouble with the tax man and as long as she`s above board, pays her dues and doesn`t directly rob people then that`s fair enough.
Her future earnings will be short lived as QVC customers wane and younger generations refuse to touch her stuff with a bargepole.
She`s as stiff as a poker both in her appearances, her body language and her presentation and isn`t my cup of tea but hey ho, she obviously appeals to some folks.
Live, love, like, dislike are all descriptions of Q`s products, its presenters and its brand reps and the ones who come in for most stick are the so called stylists and so they should !
As an edit and a PS the live, love, like dislike etc written above applies to us lot on here too but much the same as we wouldn`t abuse a stranger in reality then none of us on here deserve to be abused by fellow forumites on a forum. Opinions matter, no matter negative or positive but there`s no place for abuse.
I agree. On a positive, this makes her clothes wearable. The prices however, are ludicrous and just why on earth would you want to pay such premium prices for such mundane pieces? At the other end of the spectrum, you get Marla Wynne who's clothes (apart from the vests) won't be seen on any high street, and there's a good reason for that - It wouldn't sell. Her stuff needs to be "presented" in order to make any sense of it. Imagine picking up one of her Drama Kimonos or toppers and thinking WTF is that? and that's before you clock the price and end up needing a first aider to attend the scene!
All I can say to Q is, if you can't bring reasonably priced fashion to the table, then at least change your p&p policies - Every little helps lol!

Taken from the QVC TV Guide, just so you knowā€¦.

09/04/22 Ruth Langsford Accessories 11:00-12:00​

Presenter: Pipa Gordon

Love Ruth Langsford fashion?
Well, you're going to love the accessories too!
From jewellery to handbags, we've got a wide range of designs ready to complement your favourite outfits with ease.

She must be coining it in. Perhaps she's hoping for the last laugh on Holly Willoughby who has her own Stupid Moon brand (or something like that), and with qvc has a larger and wider marketing audience.

As for the Drama Kimono's - they never seem to hang right at the back, the high side splits don't add to the appeal. I love and have kimonos, short and midi length, but all are 'floaty', the MW knitteds just don't drape the way a kimono should do, and is just a cardi with splits.

another pic & going on sale mid week

Attachments

• dfssdf.jpg
    dfssdf.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 120
She hasn't learned yet that short sleeves are not a friend of the older women with thickening upper arms. Either no sleeves with a cover up (as a cap sleeve tends to bulk with a cover up), or elbow / 3/4 / or long sleeves.

Ha! ha ! I've heard everything now........ Ruthless has just described a long line jacket (reduced from Ā£105 to Ā£70) as "high grade faux leather" - :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: what the hell is that ??? So that would be high grade plastic then ???
That made me laugh!! Years ago when I first met Mr CC we went to the Caribbean on holiday. There were the usual guys on the beach selling stuff and one was holding an audience with his amazing hand crafted earrings/necklaces with a special kind of wood. I commented that it was a "special kind of wood called plastic" (I'd been to the Caribbean before). I did collapse his audience with laughter but then everyone did buy something - at a much bartered price. He was a lovely guy, made a bit of money and he became a wee friend during our holiday. What he might have lost in high prices that day, he made up in a few beers.

CC

Whatā€™s the fascination with Ruthless Clothing itā€™s less than fashionable at extortionate prices(she never wears any of it outside the Q studios)
Made in China no better than a lower end clothing chain beginning with P on the high street.

She has a good Agent. Lets face it, if she wasn't married to Holmes and made themselves a "couple" on morning tele (it clearly worked for dumber and the drunk), then QVC and no-one else would have heard of her.

If QVC want to be really inclusive then why don't they use Miriam Margolis to 'front' a range :sneaky:

Latest posts

Back