Ruth Langsford Fashion TSV 09/04/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I love Margoyles. She shoots from the hip and says what she thinks but she does seem to have a thing about passing wind ie farting.
Can imagine her on Q standing next to a rail of oversized tents and wafting her hand in front of her whilst muttering " pardon me it was the cabbage what did it ".

Ruth Langsford Crop Jean
QVC Price £46.00
Todays Special Value Price £36.96
P&P £3.95
3 Easy Pays of £12.32

Regular

Petite

The cropped length of these Ruth Langsford jeans make them the perfect pair to add to your spring and summer wardrobe, but they're so stylish and timeless we're sure you'll find ways to wear them all year round! Crafted from a stretchy cotton-mix fabric, you can rely on them to deliver on comfort too.
Super versatile - an easy-to-wear staple that will go practically anything, these jeans will see you through workdays, weekends and everything in between! Team them with trainers and a T-shirt for a chic casual look or go smarter with a pair of wedges and a glamorous top or blouse.
Which is your favourite? Choose from three options and rock this fantastic pair in a colour that suits your style taste. Indigo is your classic choice and Light Wash a slightly fresher pick, while Dark Indigo offers something for those wanting to go a little darker.
  • Zip fastening
  • Straight leg
  • Topstitch detail
  • Five pockets including coin pocket
  • Stretchy fabric yet retains its shape
  • 84% cotton, 11% polyester, 5% elastane
  • Machine washable at 30C
Colour options:
  • Indigo
  • Light Wash
  • Dark Indigo

All practically sold out in regular just after midnight, so low stock level to start with one wonders ?

I'm staggered that anyone would pay £87 for a poly blazer :eek: - sod the fancy lining, orange piping and a chain hanger, - Helene Berman she is not.
I don’t get it either, I m sure if her collection sat in Tesco or Sainsbury’s it would be a hundred times cheaper, in M&S it would no doubt be pricier as their “celeb” collections tend to be. Even so I doubt whether they’d be that much! Thing I’ve noticed about Marks is that their celebs are only given a limited amount of hanger space, so usually their collections are relatively small. If they are a success (Holly Willoughby), they’ll be given another season. Flop, like the Alexa Cheung range and the stuff is sold off for pennies at the end and never mentioned again! The main difference is that Supermarket / high street ranges will get lots of advertising that will be seen by everyone, and of course by footfall in the stores. Q on the other hand advertise only to their viewers, so maybe they're compensating for that by making prices so extortionate.
Q’s celebs , Ruth especially can churn out stuff ad nauseam including cheap little trinkets and accessories and seemingly charge what the hell they want for them as there’s no constraints as there would be when producing a curated collection for a high street store. It’s a licence to print money.
I realise that the tv bit adds to the cost, but even so I’m pretty sure they could do a lot better for the consumer. I’d say stop splashing out on zelebs, I’m pretty sure that Ruth’s collection and others of that ilk could be sourced easily, and sold a lot cheaper if presented under a generic name. Money would be better spent advertising on mainstream tv or in the press! P&p needs a complete overhaul, but that’s a story for another day.

Last edited:
Usually the kudos of the brand the zeleb is promoting is in direct proportion to their current earning power. They start with a “designer” range at a decent upmarket brand and gradually go down through the catalogues until they get to Peacocks or New Look.

In reality your average Jo Public doesn’t even know Q exists. Imagine the income she would have if she was on the dreaded high street, albeit she wouldn’t have endless hours of promotion every bliddy day.

Sadly, I think she has embedded herself into QVC now, and for her its a regular income for many years to come with very little hard work, aside from a few meetings with those who actually commission the stuff at qvc, and the scheduling people who arrange her on air hours. She's on 4 hours today with her well rehearsed spiel and a nice spot of lunch in between.

Myself I find her staccato way of speaking, sweeping hand style and shaking her hair spasmodically, irritating to watch. I'm getting old, so I get irritated easily.

Yes, I think she has found her niche at QVC. She can talk the talk, and can easily ‘big up’her range. She has a trusty side kick in Jackie, and has seemed to amass a gang of loyal star struck followers who seem only too willing to spend vast amounts of money on 40 quid vest tops and t shirts. She’s managed to turn her weekly shows into some sort of social event. QVC know they’re on to a winner, at the moment she can do no wrong!

Yes, I think she has found her niche at QVC. She can talk the talk, and can easily ‘big up’her range. She has a trusty side kick in Jackie, and has seemed to amass a gang of loyal star struck followers who seem only too willing to spend vast amounts of money on 40 quid vest tops and t shirts. She’s managed to turn her weekly shows into some sort of social event. QVC know they’re on to a winner, at the moment she can do no wrong!
I was browsing my Very catalogue online this morning and came across their own brand denim jacket. It's £30 and that's it's full price. The p&p is £3.99 per order and often comes the next day, and to click and collect , it's free. The jacket comes in 3 different shades of blue and in white. It's slightly longer in the body than Ruth's and the fabric composition is far superior 99% cotton 1% elastane as opposed to 67% cotton, 32% polyester, 1% elastane. Ruth's point of difference is her exhaustive range of colours that everything has to come in, and the silly little features that don't add anything like Brissles said the chain hanging loops, the piping, that nobody else will see, or detail on the buttons - certainly not worth paying double for! All the upselling that goes with it too - It's not enough to do a Glen Campbell (who I've just actually seen modelling a Joe Browns denim jacket on the Very site) and say this would go well with a little sundress or a crisp white shirt and cropped trouser - Oh no! This will go with "My choccamochacinolatte T-shirt, well it's not really a t-shirt, it's a "top" (one way of trying to justify such ridulous prices), or the sunset red will look stunning with my insert poncy colour name here dress!
1649503160471.png

And don’t forget, if you want a size 6 nag the powers that be. Yes right. Be honest with presentations RL and Pipa, size 6 is not a mass production size and doesn’t need every way stretch so Q will never in a million years bow to a minority pressure.

The only plus point on any range on Q is that they usually come in a range of colours.

Has Ruthless had her “event” yet and if so did anyone go to it?

Well there hasn't been a 'mention' of it on the bit I watched last night. I'm sure we will never hear the end of it when it does happen, and not forgetting all those on air messages from those cult followers who attended !

Haven’t watched much but I flicked over as they were presenting a jacket with a colourful scarf print pattern.
It reminded me of past Q designers. I realised I have a midi skirt by Antthony with a very similar print. and colours.
I guess Q designers get their inspiration from their other designers. I don’t believe Ruth designs her pieces.

Of course she doesn't. It takes years at art/design school/college to learn everything from pattern cutting to embellishment, so a two bit morning magazine presenter hardly knows what fabric works well on a garment . Just think Esme Young on Gt British Sewing Bee, a lifetime in fashion so are we to compare Ruthless to her ? .

Ruthless has said, too many times to count, that she's "not one for tucking into a skirt or trousers". So on the 4 pm show I see she has a bright orange top tucked into her trousers - to be a good liar you have to have a good memory.

Haven’t watched much but I flicked over as they were presenting a jacket with a colourful scarf print pattern.
It reminded me of past Q designers. I realised I have a midi skirt by Antthony with a very similar print. and colours.
I guess Q designers get their inspiration from their other designers. I don’t believe Ruth designs her pieces.
If flicked over and heard JR announce she was wearing the size 10 and it was the right size for her, presumed she meant that jacket. I really think she is beyond delusional as it was at least 2 sizes too small..........too tight, too short, looks ridiculous.....

Latest posts

Back