Samsung netbook TSV Sunday

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Windows 7 does need a lot of memory and processing power otherwise it slows the whole thing down. The first generation of netbooks ran on XP because it is less "power hungry" than Windows 7. The dual core thing just means that the processing speed is far higher, you need a balance of processing speed and memory to get a good performance. I like the way that this netbook starts up quickly my laptop running Windows 7 is the same but my netbook running XP in comparison takes forever to start up

I would have said you needed 2GB of memory to get a good peformance from Windows 7 but this uses DDR3 memory which is twice as quick as the other types so I suppose 1GB is enough it certainly seems nippy during the demos but then dont all computers do that when they are new its only when we start filling them up that they slow down!!

Another thing, the colour a great advertisement to thieves when you are out and about

Yes it will be suitable, dual core just means 2 processors

Honestly you can get a decent Netbook for £150 that will do what you require

Thanks, do you have any particular recommendations for a cheaper one?
(This Samsung's awful purty though...)

I'm very tempted to buy this to replace my NC10 which I think is great - but it's now feeling it's age and becoming a bit unreliable.

Not sure about the battery life though.
Is 5 hours not a bit low nowadays?

Adding to the refurb thing, currys/pcworld have an outlet shop which may be worth looking at: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Currys-PC-World

1GB of RAM is rather poor nowadays for doing a lot of stuff but sufficient for general browsing/office work. Now if you're doing virtual machines then 4GB is a start :sun:

Sheepdog in "sorely tempted by a 8GB laptop" mode

I assume the guest James Lavers must be Paul Lavers son?

Heard Julian wittering on about him being someone's son, but didn't catch the name lol ~ something about coming from 'shopping telly history' :happy:

Heard Julian wittering on about him being someone's son, but didn't catch the name lol ~ something about coming from 'shopping telly history' :happy:

Paul Lavers was one of the first presenters on QVC very likeable and had a good personality.

I caved in and bought this about 15mins ago (in blue). Had pondered all day, will give it a good workout for the first couple of weeks and decide if I want to keep it.

Fortunately we went off out for the day and I forgot about it, saving myself £300 :happy:
I will keep my eye on the outlets suggested above by Deanos and try to find something cheaper (but still purty).

Just bought one of these:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350455935425&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Reviews look good, cheap, purty, and appears to do whatever I need it to do - which isn't much, really.
Thanks to deanos & delh for help.

Looks like a good buy, personally I think XP is the better operating system for netbooks doesn't need as much power so the battery lasts longer.
Enjoy it and you could get an external DVD and storage device with the money you saved and still have loads left:happy:

My little pink machine has arrived and it's fab! Just what I wanted and does everything I need it to do, nice and speedy, neat keypad too. I can imagine I will use it much more than I anticipated. :happy:

My little pink machine has arrived and it's fab! Just what I wanted and does everything I need it to do, nice and speedy, neat keypad too. I can imagine I will use it much more than I anticipated. :happy:

So glad I'd read that you were buying a netbook - or I'd be thinking QVC had branched off into a whole new product catalogue.... :blush:

Spoke too soon ...
The little pink machine is not working properly and has to go back for repair. :cry:
The battery isn't charging properly. When plugged into mains it works for a while then locks up. And it didn't remember the settings I entered during set up. OH has tried reinstalling from scratch, but all the same problems, so back it goes. I'm gutted!

Latest posts

Back