Samsung netbook TSV Sunday

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh what a bummer P-A-L. :down: I'm surprised you accepted a repair job and didn't insist on a brand new replacement, and pronto. :wonder:

It was sold as a refurb deal, (which is why it was such a good price) so the 12 month guarantee that came with it says in the event of a hardware problem it has to be returned to the refurbishers (DJ Henry) for inspection. If they can repair it, they will, and if not they will provide a replacement to equal or superior value. I tried to phone them on Friday, but they're shut 'til Tuesday. They will send a courier to collect it. I'm sure it will all work out fine in the end.

Last edited:
Ah right , sorry thought you were on about the TSV

I guess its worth the hassle because of the large saving you are making

Yes the warranty is from DJ Henry rather than the manufacturer, so it's a nuisance, but I'm sure they will sort me out.
Whilst it was plugged into the mains and appearing to be working it was impressively fast!

Hope all gets sorted for you - seems you have found out why it was returned to Argos in the first place now.

Mine was one of a large batch of the same model being sold as refurbs, which suggests to me that there was a manufacturing fault common to the whole batch, which they were able to resolve. (Looking at the item now, they have sold 166 and still more than 10 available).
Others have given positive feedback on the same item, so I think I have just been unlucky with mine. Will report back when I've got it sorted.

Mine was one of a large batch of the same model being sold as refurbs, which suggests to me that there was a manufacturing fault common to the whole batch, which they were able to resolve. (Looking at the item now, they have sold 166 and still more than 10 available).
Others have given positive feedback on the same item, so I think I have just been unlucky with mine. Will report back when I've got it sorted.

I think lots of the 'refurb' sold by Argos are actually brand new and the term is sometimes used to justify the lower price and not offend people who may have recently paid more for it. Stuff they just want to get sold quickly. I bought a panasonic refurb telly from them and i'm thrilled with it, suspect it was just previous model, a clearance item rather than a refurb. Also, 'refurb' covers returns from people who change their mind. If i'm saving £100 , I'm not bothered if it was someone elses unwanted gift. Also, i bought a carpet washer refurb from bissell, a third of the cost and that appeared to be in pristine condition also. There suddenly seems to be so much 'refurb' stuff around that i do believe it's a new way of selling and it all seems to come with the 12 month guarantee. In the old days I would have felt a 'refurb' was a much riskier prospect.

Even with brand new stuff you can be the unluckly one who has a technical problem, I'm sure it will work out fine ( I bought a telly in 1984 and it needed a repair within first 6 months, 27 years later it's still going strong and never needed any further repairs).

Refurbs from Argos are a bit of everything, returns, end of lines, some brand new etc.

If you are near Corby there is a large Argos Clearance Bargains to look around, plenty of bargains to be had in there

Update: Got my netbook back from DJ Henry today, it's the same machine and they have put a new battery in it. Seems fine so far :happy:
Can you believe that DHL left it on the doorstep though?

And back it goes again, with a stiff letter :headbang:
The battery is working fine now, but the machine is still freezing up whenever you give it something to do. OH says it's behaving like an overheated machine, although it doesn't feel hot.
Fed up now. It's a really nice little netbook when it's working, but it's 3 weeks since I bought it and I haven't been able to use it yet.

Latest posts

Back