Shay & Blue Perfume Collection TSV 11/10/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Angel is an assault to the senses for me, I once worked with someone who wore it every day. It was so strong that someone else complained about it to her,she was outraged but continued to wear it. We were glad when she left a few weeks later. :mysmilie_866:

The absolute worst for me though is Clinique Aromatics Elixir, a migraine inducer if there ever was one!!! how anyone can spray themselves with that.....good grief!

Oh, I agree, awful smell. Makes me actually feel sick.
I also can't stand some of the Lancôme ones especially Poeme & Tresor.
There are so many vile modern scents, why anyone wants to go around smelling of them beats me. Lots smell like air freshener or household cleaners, in fact some of the Zoflora disinfectants smell nicer! Yet there were so many lovely old ones that have disappeared.

Angel is lovely to me ( I own it ) but only because I use the eau de toilette and minimal amount ...when used like that for me it's adorable ...but when I walk pass people who "bathe in it " I could gag too tbh ...
I sometimes just dab the tiniest bit in a cotton wool ball or similar and it smells great ....to me :mysmilie_59:
I love amour amour but it gives me headache for some reason ...gutted ..one of my faves

Angel is lovely to me ( I own it ) but only because I use the eau de toilette and minimal amount ...when used like that for me it's adorable ...but when I walk pass people who "bathe in it " I could gag too tbh ...
I sometimes just dab the tiniest bit in a cotton wool ball or similar and it smells great ....to me :mysmilie_59:
I love amour amour but it gives me headache for some reason ...gutted ..one of my faves

May, I used to wear Angel as well but sadly it has now joined the legion of perfumes that give me a headache if I wear them - I still like it on others though as I do like gourmand scents :mysmilie_59:

I love talking about perfumes/smells and find it fascinating to hear what other people hate/love!

Angel is an assault to the senses for me, I once worked with someone who wore it every day. It was so strong that someone else complained about it to her,she was outraged but continued to wear it. We were glad when she left a few weeks later. :mysmilie_866:

The absolute worst for me though is Clinique Aromatics Elixir, a migraine inducer if there ever was one!!! how anyone can spray themselves with that.....good grief!

Isn’t it odd how we’re all different
I love aromatics but Angel makes me gag if I’m within 100 metres of it

May, I used to wear Angel as well but sadly it has now joined the legion of perfumes that give me a headache if I wear them - I still like it on others though as I do like gourmand scents :mysmilie_59:

I love talking about perfumes/smells and find it fascinating to hear what other people hate/love!
Me too Tarketta ;0) love to find out everybodies faves and dislikes ...great thread ...lol ...:mysmilie_59::mysmilie_14:

Brilliant. For all my annoyance with QVC, I do think they have some very good deals now and again and so still like to keep an eye open. I know you've closed your account and you are adept at finding great buys elsewhere but are you ever tempted by anything at all on QVC? Come on, admit it - you get your friend to order nearly every TSV on your behalf, don't you?!
:mysmilie_454:

You know what, I've never been tempted back. I've never bought clothes from them anyway and I'm not massively into beauty or bath products, anything else I've seen can be bought elsewhere cheaper with free p&p but hey, if there's stuff you want to buy, then you buy because after all in this life, we've got to grab happiness wherever, whenever we can, we're all different. :mysmilie_3:

I do order every TSV though for my girlfriends, teachers gifts, the woman in the newsagents and my neighbours even if they've never heard of the product...................ahem! :mysmilie_17:

You know what, I've never been tempted back. I've never bought clothes from them anyway and I'm not massively into beauty or bath products, anything else I've seen can be bought elsewhere cheaper with free p&p but hey, if there's stuff you want to buy, then you buy because after all in this life, we've got to grab happiness wherever, whenever we can, we're all different. :mysmilie_3:

What a nice post, shopperholic. It's so true about finding a little pleasure in whatever ways suit you best.

I cannot possibly confirm but I may just have bought the Shay & Blue One Time Only you forced me to look at.

:mysmilie_516:

What a nice post, shopperholic. It's so true about finding a little pleasure in whatever ways suit you best.

I cannot possibly confirm but I may just have bought the Shay & Blue One Time Only you forced me to look at.

:mysmilie_516:

It's true though isn't it, it's a case of whatever makes you happy, life's too short so grab whatever it is that makes you happy with both hands. I'm glad you've treated yourself, enjoy it, you deserve it xx

The only perfume I wear, and want to wear, is Chanel Mademoiselle. I've worn it since it's launch years ago, and still love it. So many scents cause headaches and even migraines for me, so it's lovely to have found one that doesn't, and of course is so beautiful.

It's true though isn't it, it's a case of whatever makes you happy, life's too short so grab whatever it is that makes you happy with both hands. I'm glad you've treated yourself, enjoy it, you deserve it xx

Cheers m'dears. If you're out and about and smell someone smelling like marmalade, say hello as it will probably be me in my new Shay & Blue perfume.

I love Quelques Fleurs L`Original which becomes more and more difficult to find. It tends not to be sold in regular shops such as Debenhams, Boots etc and I usually buy mine from Escentual. My Mother wore it back in the day and it`s been around for a long time. By all accounts Princess Diana wore it on her wedding day but that counts for little because I`ve been wearing it since my 20`s so for over 40 years now. It`s a perfume I never tire of and the longer it touches my skin then the better it smells on me and unlike some perfumes when it clings to my clothes it doesn`t have that sour after smell some perfumes have.
I own lots of perfumes and save the Quelques Fleurs for when I`m going out but I have a few firm everyday favourites too.

I wore Angel when it was first released back in the early 90s, couldn't wear it now. They have reformulated it a number of times.

Lancome, quietly shudders at 99% of their releases. I like Magie Noir and Cuir.

Aromatics I wore it in the 90s and on me a man magnet for some reason? A friend started to wear it so never went there again.

Not a fan of the Chanel mainstream stuff. Love a number of the Exclusifs No22, Cuir de Russie,31 Rue Cambon

Love Guerlain but the classics L'Heure Bleue, Mitsouko, Jicky, Shalimar.

A co worker started wearing Samsara after a month of it waffling across a desk, I hated.

Calvin Klein, another woman wore Escape shudders.

Never had a perfume give me a headache. But never had the urge to smell like fig,cucumber or any other fruit or veg.

Notes I avoid jasmine usually unless beaten down by big base notes woody,patchouli, cedar or sandalwood. Neroli turns into a nuclear bomb on my skin, one tiny drop and people two feet away can smell it. On SA did not believe me, so I dropped on pinhead size of Tom Ford neroli oil on my hand, seconds later she could smell it really strongly a few feet from me. Vetiver or as I call it bogbody, yes it turns into a gas like bog smell. Like one of those bodies they find in bogs been there for a thousand years. Generally white florals, okay with yellow ylang ylang, mimosa both are yellow flowers.

I tend to go for Niche or Indie houses such as 4160 Tuesdays these days.

I can wear very few perfumes and can be within sitting distance to even less. A new employee (totally open plan office) used to drench herself in something very strong which gave me a headache and caused my very sensitive skin to flare up. I was in a bit of a dilemma as my problems weren't her fault but I still had to work there. I tried a few subtle discussions about smells in general to no avail. Luckily she only stayed a few months.

I find Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, summer holidays duty free and Christmas are the times when quite innocent people suddenly break out new perfume.

14 different perfumes in one room is not a pleasant experience!

Unfortunately I have been guilty of stinking out offices in the past with my ghastly perfume choices, which I thought at the time smelled divine! Amarige, yes I mean you! I would be much more considerate these days, but that attitude comes with age, I suppose. In my arrogant youth I would have expected everyone else to adore the things I was graciously fragrancing their offices with at my own expense! :mysmilie_17:

.... never had the urge to smell like fig,cucumber or any other fruit or veg.
Vetiver or as I call it bogbody, yes it turns into a gas like bog smell. Like one of those bodies they find in bogs been there for a thousand years. ...

This cracked me up! :mysmilie_15:

I am usually very perfume tolerant but can remember being out in the car with my parents and my mother was wearing Youth Dew by Estée Lauder. They had to stop as I felt so ill and needed air. It was cold but the heating had to go off and windows open.

Clinique Aromatics Elixir brings back bad memories too. I got some in a freebie handout. Nearly made me ill.

Unfortunately I have been guilty of stinking out offices in the past with my ghastly perfume choices, which I thought at the time smelled divine! Amarige, yes I mean you! I would be much more considerate these days, but that attitude comes with age, I suppose. In my arrogant youth I would have expected everyone else to adore the things I was graciously fragrancing their offices with at my own expense! :mysmilie_17:

Pick-a-Lily - me too! In the 90s, I liberally doused myself in such behemoths as Samsara, Organza, Shalimar, Beautiful and Red amongst others, with occasional nods to more 'sophisticated' scents with Chanel No19 and Rive Gauche. I've definitely mellowed with age...although my current obsession is Britney Spears perfumes, especially the Fantasy flankers...the shame!

:mysmilie_455:

Pick-a-Lily - me too! In the 90s, I liberally doused myself in such behemoths as Samsara, Organza, Shalimar, Beautiful and Red amongst others, with occasional nods to more 'sophisticated' scents with Chanel No19 and Rive Gauche. I've definitely mellowed with age...although my current obsession is Britney Spears perfumes, especially the Fantasy flankers...the shame!

Everyone knew and wore these same perfumes, didn't they? Do we just have so much more choice now that it's easier to be different?

Funny you say that about Britney Spears perfumes as I was pleasantly surprised by one on the counter in Superdrug (discounted so the assistants offer them to you). I don't turn my nose up automatically at such "designers" any more.

Just watching the show. I like this Dom fellow! He used to work for Chanel as an SVP according to his website so he is OK by me! I have just signed up for their newsletter so I don't forget about them. His boutique is in Marylebone, not far from Edgeware tube station so if I don't find much in M&S I may have to trek over there on the District Line. I was about to go for the handcream as testers but am not keen on peach so will hang out for the DHS. God, I've got addicted without even smelling any of the blooming stuff!

(I thought he had a bit of a pop at Loccy almond shower oil!)

Latest posts

Back