Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm loving the comments against the 'Look of the Week' post on Q's main FB page - it is a hideous outfit on all counts and the comments definitely reflect that!

I can read the comments on Q`s facebook page but I can`t post on it. I was barred from posting a couple of years ago when I verbally bashed animal slaughterer Basso. I have a chuckle when I read some of the posts though.

So this ranks in the WTF questions asked at the weekend. Could Kipling start doing a fashion range? I really wish I could have posted an answer :mysmilie_15: I mean Kipling are a luggage brand. Or would it be cold shoulder shark bite hems with fluffy monkeys hanging from them?

That made me laugh! They could have two monkeys hanging and will leave the rest to your imagination! :mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15:

Don't do FB but got to say, I do have a laugh reading QVC FB comments, especially when the QVC die hards ask can QVC start selling such and such, I feel like saying you've got an effin computer haven't you? just Google it! Honestly, they must think the shopping world starts and stops at QVC, the most expensive place to shop. :mysmilie_17:

So this ranks in the WTF questions asked at the weekend. Could Kipling start doing a fashion range? I really wish I could have posted an answer :mysmilie_15: I mean Kipling are a luggage brand. Or would it be cold shoulder shark bite hems with fluffy monkeys hanging from them?

I'm fairly sure that years ago on holiday (Italy I think) that I went into a shop which sold Kipling coats as I remember searching for them on line when I came home.

So the biggie at the moment is:

Charlie Bears and Hermes. Seems people ordered on Monday and all they get when checking is order generated. People asking if there is a fault with Hermes tracking have the orders even left QVC yet? What is happening? There where a few complaints last week about tracking and Hermes not working as well.

I bought something one Ebay last Thursday(it was small and makeup, they did put it in a shoe box with enough bubble wrap to refloat the Titanic!), but the seller used Hermes. I was able to track it all the way no problem.

Oh and one very angry woman who ordered 3 Charlie Bears and thought she would get half price shipping. That to be explained they have to be the exact same item, colour,size and or smell for that. She is not a happy bunny or bear:mysmilie_17:

I had to smile at the over 70 lady who commented on the thread under the photo of Ali Young on Q`s facebook page. She reckons she could give Ali a run for her money in the beauty stakes.
Oh and I`ve also had another questionnaire from Q regarding possible new presenters, Nigella Lawson being one of them, Rylan Clarke, Myleene Klass and some others I`ve forgotten. Lord help us !

Yes it is first post of a thread which is shown at top of every page......very common on forums.

Thanks, Sazza. I thought it must be a new tweak. I have to say, I'm not keen (keep thinking I'm on page 1 by mistake!). I suppose we'll get used to it but I don't see the purpose as usually the conversation has moved on from what was in the very first post or, in the case of a TSV thread, it will be obvious what the first post said. Ah well, that's change!

Thanks, Sazza. I thought it must be a new tweak. I have to say, I'm not keen (keep thinking I'm on page 1 by mistake!). I suppose we'll get used to it but I don't see the purpose as usually the conversation has moved on from what was in the very first post or, in the case of a TSV thread, it will be obvious what the first post said. Ah well, that's change!

I am not even sure it is something Graham can change, often these things are built in with the software, so may have happened due to a software update.

I agree with you Andi. The other day when I first noticed this I thought something had gone seriously wrong as I kept seeing the OP which, as you say, might no longer be in line with where the conversation has moved to.

I agree with you Andi. The other day when I first noticed this I thought something had gone seriously wrong as I kept seeing the OP which, as you say, might no longer be in line with where the conversation has moved to.

Ha ha, I know. This is actually the first thread I noticed it on. I saw Glittergirl's post at the top of the last page and thought, "Why is Glittergirl asking what we think about the negative and hostile comments on Q's FB page? We've been talking about it for over 2000 posts!" However, as Sazza says, maybe it can't be helped, more's the pity.

Latest posts

Back