Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So unnecessary was one comment about SC. I agree entirely with that, if his other half hadn’t sent such vile offensive messages then none of this would have happened.

I think it was more the fact he didn't distance himself from his partners vile potty mouthed attack that got him the push, by not apologising on his behalf, he was technically agreeing with what his partner said, so he had to go.

I find it hard to feel sorry for someone who thinks there is an apostrophe in were... Having said that, it would match with the f*ckwittary involved in ordering hampers from Q.

Serious hat on: Q should give them a massive refund + goodwill - what if these people are physically disabled or something?

Many companies would but QVC wouldn’t even think of it. Actually, if they did, they’d be bankrupt.

I think it was more the fact he didn't distance himself from his partners vile potty mouthed attack that got him the push, by not apologising on his behalf, he was technically agreeing with what his partner said, so he had to go.

I absolutely agree. I said the same at the time; even though the words weren’t his, they were said in defence of him by his partner and therefore by not saying anything or apologising, it was as if he (SC) agreed. Well, to my mind anyway. I know some thought he shouldn’t have to apologise for what someone else said.

I absolutely agree. I said the same at the time; even though the words weren’t his, they were said in defence of him by his partner and therefore by not saying anything or apologising, it was as if he (SC) agreed. Well, to my mind anyway. I know some thought he shouldn’t have to apologise for what someone else said.

I think he should've apologised too Andi, if my husband ever spoke to a woman (or anyone) the way his partner did I'd be mortified, especially when he knew I could lose my job over it. I'd apologise on the husbands behalf, then the husband would wake up wearing his doo dahs for earrings (his doo dahs are safe though because he'd never dream of doing that). :mysmilie_17:

Have a lovely Christmas Andi xx

Very loosely associated with social media & I didn't think it was worth opening a new thread just for the following Christmas message from Fibby's blog (I'll try not to read them in 2019!)

'Have a lovely Christmas, don’t forget lots of people spend it alone and if you can, do give someone a call or text on Christmas day – life’s too short to hold needless grudges, IMO. And it IS the season of goodwill after all'.

Condescending or what?

I think he should've apologised too Andi, if my husband ever spoke to a woman (or anyone) the way his partner did I'd be mortified, especially when he knew I could lose my job over it. I'd apologise on the husbands behalf, then the husband would wake up wearing his doo dahs for earrings (his doo dahs are safe though because he'd never dream of doing that). :mysmilie_17:

:mysmilie_19::mysmilie_19::mysmilie_19:

I’m picturing doo dah earrings now!

I just looked at SC’s Twitter page to see if he mentions QVC any more. He does - quite a bit actually, especially re-tweeting guests and presenters. I wonder if he hopes to go back one day?

And you too .... have a really lovely time xx

Very loosely associated with social media & I didn't think it was worth opening a new thread just for the following Christmas message from Fibby's blog (I'll try not to read them in 2019!)

'Have a lovely Christmas, don’t forget lots of people spend it alone and if you can, do give someone a call or text on Christmas day – life’s too short to hold needless grudges, IMO. And it IS the season of goodwill after all'.

Condescending or what?

You are very brave to read DF’s blogs. Definitely don’t be so hard on yourself in 2019 :wink:

Condescending or what?

No, just kind.

:mysmilie_19::mysmilie_19::mysmilie_19:

I’m picturing doo dah earrings now!

I just looked at SC’s Twitter page to see if he mentions QVC any more. He does - quite a bit actually, especially re-tweeting guests and presenters. I wonder if he hopes to go back one day?

The flame has well and truly gone out on that collaboration (see what I did there :mysmilie_17:)

And you too .... have a really lovely time xx

Thanks Andi xx

I read his page occasionally Andi and noticed that he tweets a lot about the Q, well mainly retweeting. Never a word of criticism, so I do wonder if he is hoping to return because he is a bit like a Q ambassador.

He never really mentions Yankee now though, except for where he is selling off his candles. Still doing that, however many did he have?

I wonder if he would want to be a YC ambassador as his shop went out of business after they opened one relatively near him, I think. But then if he needs a job I guess he would. (I like him as a presenter so that would suit me!) Unless I misread it, I think he is selling his own calendar via Twitter!

He would be a perfect fit in for the Dyson hairdryer, long straight hair could do his own demo.

I believe it was Yankee who cut him off? I remember at the time people including me telling the women being abused and yes it was abusive and said by them in a private group as a joke. Until someone went and told tales to SC and his partner went off on one and it was not the first either it seems. Yes, SC's husband and done this before. Report it to Yankee and QVC but QVC being who they are will no doubt try to sweep it under the mat. He was employed by Yankee, not QVC.

And now we have a new one.

Yes, auto delivery. Seems the Elemis auto delivery which should be arriving mid-Jan is being sent out now. Two different women asking why an AD suppose to be every 60 days is suddenly coming in 40 days? One phoned up and is getting a free return label the other saying she does not have the money and cannot afford it at the present time.

Oh, and some man is calling Flinty a market trader:mysmilie_17: shouting at people to buy cheap crap but at £49! The QVC fans are not happy with his comments. He even mentioned the white wedges she wears.:mysmilie_19:

Heard the ‘Market Trader’ gobbling on about having booked a trip.
I think it was said ?touring Mexico?
Hopefully very soon and long may it last :mysmilie_50:

I read his page occasionally Andi and noticed that he tweets a lot about the Q, well mainly retweeting. Never a word of criticism, so I do wonder if he is hoping to return because he is a bit like a Q ambassador.

He never really mentions Yankee now though, except for where he is selling off his candles. Still doing that, however many did he have?

I wonder if he would want to be a YC ambassador as his shop went out of business after they opened one relatively near him, I think. But then if he needs a job I guess he would. (I like him as a presenter so that would suit me!) Unless I misread it, I think he is selling his own calendar via Twitter!

He definitely misses QVC, doesn’t he? He obviously made a lot of friends and acquaintances in his time there and I suppose once you have those links on Twitter by following and being followed, you only lose them by active unfollowing, which most won’t have a reason to do, especially when it’s publicity for them. However, I do wonder why he still retweets about a TSV or QVC products (especially hair ones!) when he’s not on QVC himself any more, unless he actually is keeping in with them just in case. If (as said elsewhere), Yankee sacked him, he may still have a chance with QVC?

A couple of things that I noticed when I looked at SC’s tweets last night: the calendar - yes, you’re right, he has been selling one which has what looks like photos of him 15+ years ago (I must say, he is/was very photogenic); a few mentions of having sad/difficult days, being unable to sleep, missing the shop etc, which I hope are just musings and don’t mean he is seriously down.

He brought it upon himself unlike many employees who, through no fault of their own, find themselves out of work and it always seems to happen at either holiday or Christmas time.

He had a cushy number which rolled over into his shop groupies and because he wouldn’t stand up and be counted he landed in the clabber. At one time JLP (dirty mouth’s employer) was going to be contacted - I wonder if that ever amounted to anything.

Unfortunately when you marry/live with a dickhead then their antics affect their partners too. Steven must have known he was married to a hot headed potty mouth you can`t tell me the outburst on fb was the first time his hubby had lost it and Steven`s silence was the worst thing he could have done. Rightly or wrongly and whether he agreed with his hubby`s outburst or not he should have apologised even if only to save his own job and neck. Then in the background he should have verbally decked his hubby and told him in no uncertain terms that abusing his source of income ( ie Q customers and an income from which both he and his hubby benefitted ) was totally out of order.

Unfortunately when you marry/live with a dickhead then their antics affect their partners too. Steven must have known he was married to a hot headed potty mouth you can`t tell me the outburst on fb was the first time his hubby had lost it and Steven`s silence was the worst thing he could have done. Rightly or wrongly and whether he agreed with his hubby`s outburst or not he should have apologised even if only to save his own job and neck. Then in the background he should have verbally decked his hubby and told him in no uncertain terms that abusing his source of income ( ie Q customers and an income from which both he and his hubby benefitted ) was totally out of order.

Well said! I think that covers all the bases and all the arguments.

And now we have a new one.

Yes, auto delivery. Seems the Elemis auto delivery which should be arriving mid-Jan is being sent out now. Two different women asking why an AD suppose to be every 60 days is suddenly coming in 40 days? One phoned up and is getting a free return label the other saying she does not have the money and cannot afford it at the present time.

Oh, and some man is calling Flinty a market trader:mysmilie_17: shouting at people to buy cheap crap but at £49! The QVC fans are not happy with his comments. He even mentioned the white wedges she wears.:mysmilie_19:

Own up, which forumite is it? :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back