Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I got an invite to the qvc lounge, I don't think I will bother...lol

Josie Marlin(sp) is getting mentioned a bit, when are the products coming back in? Seems QVC promised more stock this year when asked last year. Two different people asking within a week.

Just moving back to methods of payment and cards etc. - I don't know why QVC don't move with the times and let customers pay via PayPal, assuming they have a PayPal account. Most large companies have that as a payment option, including Ideal World. It's a lot quicker and when your card is changed you don't have to inform the company because the funds are linked to your bank account rather than a specific card. It would save the palaver of updating your details when a new card is issued.

If I was on Facebook I'd ask them that question.

It would no doubt go unanswered Toril. I remember long ago asking a CS why not take Paypal and they mentioned the fees charged and they(QVC), disliked Paypal. whether it was true who knows.

Just moving back to methods of payment and cards etc. - I don't know why QVC don't move with the times and let customers pay via PayPal, assuming they have a PayPal account. Most large companies have that as a payment option, including Ideal World. It's a lot quicker and when your card is changed you don't have to inform the company because the funds are linked to your bank account rather than a specific card. It would save the palaver of updating your details when a new card is issued.

If I was on Facebook I'd ask them that question.

It would no doubt go unanswered Toril. I remember long ago asking a CS why not take Paypal and they mentioned the fees charged and they(QVC), disliked Paypal. whether it was true who knows.

I was just going to say the same about Paypal. If, as I suspect, it's all about the fees for QVC, they would certainly not want to accept Paypal. As far as I can tell, Visa/Mastercard charge merchants about 2%, Amex 3% and Paypal 3.4%. I still think it's shortsighted as there will be some (albeit a minority) who refuse or are unable to pay by anything but Amex and Paypal and QVC lose those sales altogether.

Someone has asked this question on Q's FB page...let's see if Q responds!!!!

If it breaks the rules to mention other retailers or non QVC products how do the presenters get away with their shameless self promotion of their books and businesses??

I mentioned Argos yesterday who were selling the same ipad Q had for £150 cheaper, I was nor alone either.... remember the movie Gone in 60 seconds.. that about sums is up.

As they also stopped pay back on Quidco, I'd have thought they could have put their savings towards the PayPal charges, but it's QVC so that will never happen. They'll end up losing customers because of their bizarre/staid approach to which cards they will or won't accept.

As they also stopped pay back on Quidco, I'd have thought they could have put their savings towards the PayPal charges, but it's QVC so that will never happen. They'll end up losing customers because of their bizarre/staid approach to which cards they will or won't accept.

They are tight! If they can squeeze an extra penny of our hard-earned out of us by refusing Amex/Paypal and only accepting Visa/MC, they will.

Another sale lost from me today: £180 worth of Yankee candles (TSV plus 3 ADs). OK, I really don't need them but before they stopped taking my Amex, I would have bought without stopping to think. But hey, QVC, you've saved yourselves the extra £1.80 in Amex fees - well done!

Do you get the impression I'm not over it yet?

Bought this jewellery years ago when everyone was going mad for it! Paid good money for a Bracelet and it broke within weeks! Put me right off! :mysmilie_10:

Been reading some posts where people have dissed Kathy T.The a** lickers have managed to get Q to delete posts again . If they answered customer problems as quickly as they responded to the sanitation brigade they'd be doing well.

Been reading some posts where people have dissed Kathy T.The a** lickers have managed to get Q to delete posts again . If they answered customer problems as quickly as they responded to the sanitation brigade they'd be doing well.

Well said that man!

I saw this and the poster was ripped to shreds unlike one of the groupies who posted a similar post but said she still enjoyed the shows. Pass the bucket someone

Yes, I did see the many complaints about Kathy T and the morning show. The consensus is she is just unwatchable now. There have been a few same over Xmas and now which get deleted, not even nasty just pointing out how bad she is talking over guests and the er er er none stop

No matter how many times QVC delete honest, negative but still honest comments, people have eyes and ears and can see her pained, frowned, confused expression and hear her panicked, stuttering voice, so all their proving by bowing to the QVC faithful is that they're deceitful and dishonest by not allowing their customers a voice.

Not sure if they're a troll or genuinely disgusted (they haven't replied so I'm thinking the former) but someone has got the Q FB page all riled up by posting how revolted they were that in an ad for a pet show, it showed a dog licking someone's face.

No matter what your opinion is, some of the comments are gold - lots of Q faithful smooching their pooches!

I read on Q`s facebook page where someone was almost distraught at the thought kathy might be leaving and how good of a "friend" Kathy would be. She`d heard Kathy say it was her last show but Q have laid the poor woman`s fears to rest by saying nope Kathy wasn`t leaving and she`d meant it was her last show of the week. As for Kathy being a friend, she`d be a friend of your bank account and your purchases but that`s where her friendship ends. I honestly fear for some of the people who watch Q.

She said it was her last show of the week, don't understand how that could be misinterpreted. I had the show on in the background and her presenting was fine. I don't understand what all the fuss is about. Now the clothes, on the other hand...

Sad bunch really must have empty lives!

So called BBlogger is constantly posting that she's getting loads of Freebies! What an awful thing to do all the time! Have they no shame? Embarrassed for her, not really but I do think it's very ignorant and rude to constantly brag! Fakebook horrors! :mysmilie_500::mysmilie_500::mysmilie_500:

Latest posts

Back