Tarte TSV 1/6/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've had the CC primer in Tan for a year as I bought in America,it's nothing like spackle I use it as my foundation as I don't like a heavy coverage,I will order the TSV as I want the primer in the medium shade and the blusher looks lovely,just hope AY is not doing the launch.

Just wish hourglass wasn't so expensive. Been looking at the palettes for the diffusing powders and the blushers.

Any chance to order this TSV early as I'm going away for two weeks? I know it may be a bit early to ask.Ta.

I'm thinking of buying this for a good friend as a special treat but l'm unsure what colour to go for. She wears Laura geller medium and fair in winter. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I bought Hourglass products last year.Very expensive but worth it.I'm almost certain I will cave in and buy the Tarte Tsv

Gosh lots of hourglass fans. Keep reading very good things. Will have a think. Am liking the look of the tarte TSV too but got caught with the last dolls 10 one which didn't suit me at all.

I wonder if QVC will catch the buzz on Hourglass and try to get them on?

Can I ask, those who are Hourglass fans, how did you find out about it?

Well I came across them from beauty bloggers and then they appeared in SpaceNK.

I am not a fan of the foundation, I did try but just did not grab me. I love the brow product so easy to use on my second one, I use the Blond as its not too reddish.

I read about them online and then found them in Space Nk. They are also online at John Lewis but l haven't seen any in stores.

I wear the same in LG, Doll10 and Mally and in Tarte I wear "Light Sand" from QVC, however QVCUK don't seem to stock the full shade range; only the yellow-based foundations. Tarte also sell a range of neutral-pink based foundations shades which I'd be interested to try. Having a hereditary liver condition I get bouts of jaundice and contrary to the QVC viewpoint, yellow-based foundations don't look good for these episodes, whereas a pinkier base tones down the yellow.

Here's the Primer stick as a single item with video which might help with the decision making: http://www.qvcuk.com/tarte-Colored-...tml?sc=AZMHB&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-12-_-206812 I nearly ordered this during the last visit but glad I held out for the TSV now. The tool intrigues me also!

Quick update: I managed to try the "Light" CC stick at a friend's house and it'd too dark for me 90% of the time! So confirming other reviews that it comes up deeper than the equivalent "light (sand)" options in the clay foundation. I've currently got 3 coats of gradual face tan so (for me) I'm very tanned. The Light CC stick is perfect but I'd get very little use from it as the majority of the year I'm pale. So I'll be buying the Fair option in the TSV.

The texture is nice and light. I didn't try the brush & sponge tool so just dotted in on my face and blended by hand. I'd probably do the same most of the time, I always think you lose a lot of product into a sponge (and some into a brush), but I'll give the tool a whirl when I get my TSV. The product doesn't need any powder on top which is a bonus for older skin and I honestly can't feel it on my face. My skin is normal to dry and the CC did show up a small dry flakey patch on my chin so I think if you have dry skin you'd need to exfoliate and moisturise well before using (but you know that - sorry didn't mean to patronize!)

I don't think the colour segments: lilac and green, are large enough to use separately other than with a small concealer brush. Splodging it on my face these colours are barely noticeable even before blending. Once applied the finish is a natural matte (on me at least) coverage is light, I can see my freckles through it but it has slightly blurred my crows feet. I'm excited to try the Fair CC, because by the time it arrives my fake tan will have faded. Mind you, I'm also starting to think the "Light" would be a good travel product (as long as it doesn't easily melt) because once I have a tan I prefer not to wear a high coverage foundation and this looks like skin but better...oh Heck I'm so weak when I start justifying 2 TSVs...somebody slap some sense into me!

Looking at the tool that comes with the TSV it seems to have a brush head at either end, whereas the original CC tool (item 206812) has one brush and the other end has a big sponge dobber. All the Tarte brushes and tools I've tried have been excellent quality.

If you can't decide between CC shades I'd go lighter not darker.

HTH

Akimbo

How would you describe the light shade? I've watched numerous you tube vids of people applying the light sand and it always looks really yellow to me which has put me off purchasing so far. Pretty sure they describes the light shade as pink undertones. I think light will be right for me but my preference is always neutral undertones.

Quick update: I managed to try the "Light" CC stick at a friend's house and it'd too dark for me 90% of the time! So confirming other reviews that it comes up deeper than the equivalent "light (sand)" options in the clay foundation. I've currently got 3 coats of gradual face tan so (for me) I'm very tanned. The Light CC stick is perfect but I'd get very little use from it as the majority of the year I'm pale. So I'll be buying the Fair option in the TSV.

The texture is nice and light. I didn't try the brush & sponge tool so just dotted in on my face and blended by hand. I'd probably do the same most of the time, I always think you lose a lot of product into a sponge (and some into a brush), but I'll give the tool a whirl when I get my TSV. The product doesn't need any powder on top which is a bonus for older skin and I honestly can't feel it on my face. My skin is normal to dry and the CC did show up a small dry flakey patch on my chin so I think if you have dry skin you'd need to exfoliate and moisturise well before using (but you know that - sorry didn't mean to patronize!)

I don't think the colour segments: lilac and green, are large enough to use separately other than with a small concealer brush. Splodging it on my face these colours are barely noticeable even before blending. Once applied the finish is a natural matte (on me at least) coverage is light, I can see my freckles through it but it has slightly blurred my crows feet. I'm excited to try the Fair CC, because by the time it arrives my fake tan will have faded. Mind you, I'm also starting to think the "Light" would be a good travel product (as long as it doesn't easily melt) because once I have a tan I prefer not to wear a high coverage foundation and this looks like skin but better...oh Heck I'm so weak when I start justifying 2 TSVs...somebody slap some sense into me!

Looking at the tool that comes with the TSV it seems to have a brush head at either end, whereas the original CC tool (item 206812) has one brush and the other end has a big sponge dobber. All the Tarte brushes and tools I've tried have been excellent quality.

If you can't decide between CC shades I'd go lighter not darker.

HTH

Hi Akinbo, am I right in saying that you use light in other brands?
Thanks

Akimbo

How would you describe the light shade? I've watched numerous you tube vids of people applying the light sand and it always looks really yellow to me which has put me off purchasing so far. Pretty sure they describes the light shade as pink undertones. I think light will be right for me but my preference is always neutral undertones.
In the past I've used this foundation http://www.qvcuk.com/tarte-Amazonia...html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-18-_-205118 in Light Sand which is yellow based. QVC don't stock the cool-tone Tarte foundation shades (these have "beige" in the title which is a bit confusing) So on You Tube they might be using a pink-toned "Light" which QVCUK just doesn't off sadly. The CC stick which I tested on my hand and on my face was definitely yellow, in fact on my hand it looked way too orange to work on me, but when I put it on my face it blended easily and looked ok because I'm faux-tanned at the mo. If I'd tested this instore on the back of my hand I'd never have considered buying it. I hope this makes sense. I wish QVC would offer a full range from at least one or two beauty companies in a liquid of cream foundation. (which I prefer to B&B or bare minerals)

Hi Akinbo, am I right in saying that you use light in other brands?
Thanks

Hi Sharon, yes I'd usually try any foundation labelled "Light" or "Nude" as a starting point. So in liquid foundations on QVC I'm a "Light" in Laura Geller, Mally, Doll10, and in Josie Maran I'd use "Fair to Light" - powder foundations are probably more forgiving so I can wear Bare Minerals in Fair, Fairly Light, Light or Medium depending on the time of year.

My skin's weird because it's probably a true neutral (my sister has this skin tone) but I have bouts of jaundice from a hereditary liver condition which means sometimes the look of my skin is yellow (golden my Dad used to say) but if I wear a yellow-based foundation it doesn't look quite right (maybe I just associate the look with feeling ill?) so I started trying to play down the yellow with a pinkier foundation and definitely think this looks better.

I hope this all makes sense, it's such a minefield finding the right base, but at least with the Q mbg you're not lumbered with your colour mistakes.

Joan Collins foundation: I tried the First Base foundation in Cool Fair and Warm Fair and they both look yellow to me, and both are way too dark. Shame because the texture is quite nice.

What a shame QVC don't have some kind of "cheat sheet" so if you like Laura Geller Balance & Brighten in Fair - they tell you the nearest shade for other LG foundations, the different Bare Minerals foundations, Tarte, Mally, Benefit, Becca, YBF etc. It should enable you to start with whatever you currently buy and find suits your skin and see what any other brand's closest match would be. Otherwise, it's an utter minefield - and can work out very expensive.

I'm not in the market for a new foundation, but if I was I'm on the pinkier side these days, and by the sound of things wouldn't be well served by most QVC foundations. QVC don't sell the BM original that is my best match. I suppose if they go for UK bestsellers only, they can get those for BM and Benefit - but if they're relying on what's a best seller in the US, they need to remember that for skintone, we are not exactly like the USA!

It would also help if the guide was more detailed about cool (pink) toned, neutral toned and warm (yellow) toned, regardless of how light or dark the foundation is. In that respect Joan Collins gets a gold star.

Last edited:
What a shame QVC don't have some kind of "cheat sheet" so if you like Laura Geller Balance & Brighten in Fair - they tell you the nearest shade for other LG foundations, the different Bare Minerals foundations, Tarte, Mally, Benefit, Becca, YBF etc. It should enable you to start with whatever you currently buy and find suits your skin and see what any other brand's closest match would be. Otherwise, it's an utter minefield - and can work out very expensive.

I'm not in the market for a new foundation, but if I was I'm on the pinkier side these days, and by the sound of things wouldn't be well served by most QVC foundations. QVC don't sell the BM original that is my best match. I suppose if they go for UK bestsellers only, they can get those for BM and Benefit - but if they're relying on what's a best seller in the US, they need to remember that for skintone, we are not exactly like the USA!

It would also help if the guide was more detailed about cool (pink) toned, neutral toned and warm (yellow) toned, regardless of how light or dark the foundation is. In that respect Joan Collins gets a gold star.

I've often thought that too but they seem reluctant to refer to brands other than the one they are flogging at the time. Also, given the confusion that can arise over the colour of a dress I think it might be beyond them. I am tired of the bare minerals shade photos of the same women every time and comparisons to qvc presenters. At least they are trying but it might be nice if they showed the colours lined up in a row on the inside of the arm for a change. Another thing they could do is show the shades in daylight rather than studio lights which make everything look samey. LG has cracked selling on tv with her 'one for all' product. It works pretty well too.

I like the look of about half the products in the tsv but don't know if I can justify that. The shadows look just like so many others and the blusher seems beigy. The lip pencil looks pretty and the CC stick might be interesting. Might share with my DD.

Latest posts

Back