Tarte TSV 1/6/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm the same, as I haven't tried the brand before, but as I buy 'fair' in Laura Geller, 'light' in Doll10 & 'light' in Mally, I was going to go with the 2nd option in colour ('light') and I go with the 2nd option with the other brands.

I wear the same in LG, Doll10 and Mally and in Tarte I wear "Light Sand" from QVC, however QVCUK don't seem to stock the full shade range; only the yellow-based foundations. Tarte also sell a range of neutral-pink based foundations shades which I'd be interested to try. Having a hereditary liver condition I get bouts of jaundice and contrary to the QVC viewpoint, yellow-based foundations don't look good for these episodes, whereas a pinkier base tones down the yellow.

Here's the Primer stick as a single item with video which might help with the decision making: http://www.qvcuk.com/tarte-Colored-...tml?sc=AZMHB&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-12-_-206812 I nearly ordered this during the last visit but glad I held out for the TSV now. The tool intrigues me also!

I wonder whether the TSV will have all the same bronzer compact or the pink bronze version with the fair and light primer stick and the peach bronze version with the deeper primer options? That'll take 20 minutes to scroll across the options on screen (below the item number)!

Just noticed it's Miss Ali on the midnight launch...shame because Leigh from Tarte describes the products eloquently without Alison butting in with her face area, eye area nonsense!

Just noticed it's Miss Ali on the midnight launch...shame because Leigh from Tarte describes the products eloquently without Alison butting in with her face area, eye area nonsense!

I like Alison Young, but only when she presents her own shows. I don't like her presenting branded beauty shows. I like to hear what the expert from the brand has to say about the products, not what she thinks of it.

I like Alison Young, but only when she presents her own shows. I don't like her presenting branded beauty shows. I like to hear what the expert from the brand has to say about the products, not what she thinks of it.

I miss the In the Salon with Alison shows as well! I also like some of the stuff they have on their beauty salon (consultations with Alison, or when she's explaining combinations of products across different brands that work well together). She does have some very good knowledge, and it's a shame that with all the sales pitch we don't really get any benefit of it.

I like Alison most of the time, but sometimes wish she'd shut up when hosting branded shows, and she was rather hyper last night. Simon Bryer's far too much of a gentleman to shut her up, too. There were a number of times when she literally made no sense last night, and at one point couldn't finish a sentence - just lobbed catchphrases in there until she ran out of breath.

I think I'm falling for this TSV and if it doesn't suit me it's a good chance to try the brand. I'm not keen on the bulky eye shadow box though.

I would have preferred a proper foundation to try.

I would have liked a proper foundation too, as I've been interested in the brand since it arrived at QVC, but haven't bought anything yet. A proper concealer would have done though. As it turns out, it looks like I'll be trying their primer. lol!

Quick question to those who may have used this CC primer already and a Laura Geller fan - is it a replacement for Spackle? Thanks.

I watched a demo of the CC primer and its a colour corrector but also gives coverage. CC are usually in the West, Tinted Moisturizers which help tone down redness etc. This actually looks more like a foundation stick thing, hence the you need to chose the corrector shade for your skin. So I don't thing you put your foundation over it????

Thanks for the link £39.54 looks a tempting price, but I find her use of the word "Edit" irksome...mind you she probably doesn't like "irksome". QVC have latched on to "edit" as well. It's not big and it's not clever!

I have the palette of powders which can be used for highlighting or as a finishing powder and the limited edition blusher set plus radiant magenta. I love them. They are the lovely. Gives you a subtle glow and a very healthy look without looking too made up. Next l'd like to try their foundation.

There are very mixed reviews on MUA of the CC Primer, some saying its very greasy on the face.

I have four of the Ambient Powders from Hourglass, Diffused is my favourite. The blushes, strangely each one is totally different with how much marbling you get(think Laura Geller and the baked foundation), so it pays to ask them to kindly open a few to chose from. I got the SA to open three before picking which one I wanted. She didn't mind.

Latest posts

Back