This really bugs me ....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

jordie_tart

Registered Shopper
is it just me or does it bug you guys too....

Why when Q have beauty shows and they're demonstrating foundation or cleansers , why does the models always have full eye make up on and the foundation or cleansers go round the eye area .... I never do that so why would they demo in this way ?

sorry probably just me having a rant :)

Don't forget the lipstick which is always left on.

Funny one is using eye makeup remover and you can clearly see they still have loads of mascara still on.

Yep, especially with Floracil, which makes me think that AY could be lying when she says it's the best eye makeup remover on the market.

Yep, especially with Floracil, which makes me think that AY could be lying when she says it's the best eye makeup remover on the market.

I love Floracil, but when I have finished the supply I currently have I'm moving to the Elemis White Flowers because I tried this for the first time last month when I was on holidays and it's 10x better at removing eye make-up. I thought Floracil was good, White Flowers is amazing.

a salesperson over-egging the greatness of a product they're selling? Never! :giggle::wink:

I've tried Floracil - and found it did nothing .
Now just use my normal cleanser (elemis balm this week, but can be c&p or anythign else to hand) and my emma hardie cloth, and it all comes off.
Have thought for quite a while that all these add-on 'must haves' are just sales ploys - most products are multi purpose.

I buy Simple eye makeup remover. Around £3, removes everything, doesn`t irritate and lasts for ages and I`ve even been known to remove my eye makeup with whatever facial cleanser I happen to be using at that time and my eyes are still working perfectly, haven`t drooped onto my cheek nor have my laughter lines increased by doing so !

Superdrug's Simply Pure Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover for sensitive skin 150ml for £2.59 - the best I've ever used. Just hold it on the eye for a minute and everything wipes away. Certified by Cruelty Free International too, which none of the others mentioned are.

I use floracil and if I accidentally get a tiny bit in my eye, my eye waters and stings like mad and doesn't stop for ages.. So much for being the 'ph of your tears'... :mysmilie_1:

Tried Floracil years ago and found it was useless unless just using as an eye compress. I use Nivea Double Effect for waterproof makeup - it is a 2 phase one and costs approx £3 although I stock up usually when they are on offer. As I use Bobbi Brown gel eyeliners, I find this to be great and it gets it all off brilliantly. No rubbing at all. Years back when I used to use LE C & P, I used that but although it got it all off, I found that using the muslin cloth, it dragged on my eyes which isn't very kind to them.

If you ask me, the name floracil sounds like it should be some sort of medication for something nasty " down below":mysmilie_17:

I always use Simple, I have sensitive eyes and that one works well and doesn't irritate.

I've been using Boots Essentials Fragrance Free Eye Make Up Remover Lotion 150ml for years. I have sensitive eyelids, prone to excema & it doesn't irritate at all, removes everything too. It's £1.50 a bottle & currently on 3 for 2.

I've used Floricil in the past, smells lovely but doesn't work well.

And the hair before / after pictures ...

before - hair left to dry naturally and no products at all - so a little bit scruffy looking
after - a full salon blow dry

hardly surprising the after looks so amazing ??!!

so is it the product - or the fact that the hair has actually been styled

Another vote for Simple here.

I think Floracil has had its day. Formulated for a time when make up was less..erm...bullet proof!

I buy Simple eye makeup remover. Around £3, removes everything, doesn`t irritate and lasts for ages and I`ve even been known to remove my eye makeup with whatever facial cleanser I happen to be using at that time and my eyes are still working perfectly, haven`t drooped onto my cheek nor have my laughter lines increased by doing so !

years ago when the beauty bible first arrived they were great at recomending cheaper chemist/high street brands that were good. now they are hand in glove with qvc its all qvc brands that they seem to mention as the best available.

And the hair before / after pictures ...

before - hair left to dry naturally and no products at all - so a little bit scruffy looking
after - a full salon blow dry

hardly surprising the after looks so amazing ??!!

so is it the product - or the fact that the hair has actually been styled

I agree, its laughable how they expect people to buy into the belief that its all down to the hair product that's responsible for the transformation

Latest posts

Back