Tiana B

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've not really taken much notice of Tiana B before but watching the TSV launch show I liked several dresses.

I really couldn't wear them at the moment because I'm so overweight - the maxi styles would make me look like Demis Roussos (some of you might remember him ?).

I'd like to think this would spur me on to lose weight :mysmilie_5:

I'm normally a size 16. It horrifies me because I have a bust of 42 inches I would have to order the 20 :sweat::sweat:

Also the length puts me off. I am only 5ft & looking at JF & the guest presenter who is also very short its down to their ankles

Last edited:
I've not really taken much notice of Tiana B before but watching the TSV launch show I liked several dresses.

I really couldn't wear them at the moment because I'm so overweight - the maxi styles would make me look like Demis Roussos (some of you might remember him ?).

I'd like to think this would spur me on to lose weight :mysmilie_5:
Hi Eric's Mum, I've lost a lot of weight recently,but have a few pounds to go and I've just ordered two of these dresses as my 'reward'! I think some of the dresseslook fntastic and seem to have a very flattering fit.
I've ordered this http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.146405.cm_scid.ItemNumberSearch in the Jade/Multi and this http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.151483.cm_scid.ItemNumberSearch in the Grren/Blue. I decided not to go for the TSV as I'm 5'4" and would look a bit lost. I've also been told I have great legs, so why not give them an airing?

Hi Eric's Mum, I've lost a lot of weight recently,but have a few pounds to go and I've just ordered two of these dresses as my 'reward'! I think some of the dresseslook fntastic and seem to have a very flattering fit.
I've ordered this http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.146405.cm_scid.ItemNumberSearch in the Jade/Multi and this http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.151483.cm_scid.ItemNumberSearch in the Grren/Blue. I decided not to go for the TSV as I'm 5'4" and would look a bit lost. I've also been told I have great legs, so why not give them an airing?

:mysmilie_481:

I hope you have gone a size up Calvin in the green multi, as it it small fitting.
Well done on your weight loss!!

xxx

I tend to go by my bust size with Tianna B and Ronni Nicole. Very nice TSV. Some nice colour options and I just love the easy care of this brand. Looks like some sizes are on wait list already.

I bought a dress that looks very similar to the black/white option at Evans and I'm a size 22 (with big hips :sadface: ) and it's actually quite nice. Of course I bought it (or rather, OH bought it for me) just before the bank holiday weekend when the weather was nice and it's been 12/13 degrees since then, eh?

I do think it needs a belt, though, as it doesn't have the black band effect the Tiana B dress seems to have.

:mysmilie_481:

I hope you have gone a size up Calvin in the green multi, as it it small fitting.
Well done on your weight loss!!

xxx

Thanks Twinkle! I did order a size up- most of the reviews mention theneed for biger sizes. I'm pretending that I'll keep one and send one back! :mysmilie_17:

I'm a size Medium in the old TB sizing, on the high street I'm anything from a 12 to a 16 because of my bra size 32E ish. In the new sizing I'd probably be a size 12; if I go by the measurements I'd go for the 14 but it'd have too much fabric iykwim.

I've gone for the green/brown in a 12 on waitlist. I waited for it to go on WL so I can wait to read the reviews and if the concensus says it's a complete turkey I'll cancel the order; plus it leaves it the fate whether I get it at all (yes I know I could get a return but I'll be happy with the bonus teabag :happy: ).

Jude xx

How is 42.5 a maxi dress length? I'm 5'5 (and a half!) and I've got maxi skirts that are 40 inches long. The maxi dress I bought from Next recently is 58 inches long I think and it hits me perfectly just above my foot. I thought maxi meant full length or almost full length. 42.5 would hit me just an inch or two below the knee.

I haven't ordered because I'm not sure that the 20 would fit me. Their top two sizes normally measure somewhere between 44 and 47 inches and with my 40dd boobs I need at least 45 inches. I don't mind dresses a bit clingy around the boobs but 42 inches is more than a bit clingy. I could have someone's eye out! :happy:

Would love to hear what those of you who have ordered think. Am still not convinced it would be long enough for me. Am wearing a floor sweeper today and I prefer a maxi to be a floor sweeper.

But of course if I'm not buying the TSV I might just get something else. Or I might just sit and watch and polish my halo.

Disappointed personally with the TSV for me who's plenty maxi dresses as perviously mentioned purchased via outlet and ebay already have too many with black, just couldn't buy another black based one.
Watching recordings of today's shows I think they are having a laugh offering loads of the dresses previously shown over the autumn / winter to get rid on three easy pays.
If Tiana B is such a good QVC seller why not leave the winter versions to wintertime and bring new for summer ?
Having said that most of the New Today dresses have contained a lot of black, for me I'm looking for a choice of nice summer coloured dresses.

Sorry QVC the bright, new, fresh, floral summer high street ranges are calling, perhaps see you for drab winter stuff later in the year.

Note to QVC stylist .........

In my eyes a pair of white sandals teamed with large sunglasses, does not make an autumn dress a summer one ! :down:

IMO the Tiana B dresses in the bright studio lights look cheap.

Especially the ones with the ugly thick black necklines, cuffs and hems that look like they're made of polyester.

I don't understand why "fuller figured" women would want to look like they're in the middle of a frumpy pregnancy. :wonder:

IMO the Tiana B dresses in the bright studio lights look cheap.

Especially the ones with the ugly thick black necklines, cuffs and hems that look like they're made of polyester.

I don't understand why "fuller figured" women would want to look like they're in the middle of a frumpy pregnancy. :wonder:

If the TSV is anything to go by and they change the sizing down a couple of notches this fuller figured woman won't be able to get in 'em anyway!

Unless you're absolutely schminted there is no other kind of pregnancy than 'frumpy'!! I've been wearing a TB tunic/dress this pregnancy, and it's far more glam than any maternity wear you find on the high street. I honestly despair of maternity wear, and am very glad that this is going to be my last pregnancy (for other reasons as well, I'm not that shallow!). :blush:

I can't believe it but my black TSV dress has just been delivered. It's my first Tiana B dress and I really like it. Luckily I ignored the measurements and went for a size 8, as I usually find QVC's sizes to be on the large side. In M&S I'd buy a 10. If I'd gone for a 10 in this it would have been too big as there's quite a bit of room in the 8. I just measured the length and I make it about 51.5" long so I think they messed up. I'm 5'3" and it almost hits the floor in bare feet.

Mine have arrived too. Very, very nice. I must admit I probably could have gone down a size! Prints are very nice so a good purchase which does not look old fashioned at all!!:happy:

Latest posts

Back