Tight Fisted QVC.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
The night before last, I was watching the Sketchers show, specifically the Shelby boot. Due to lack of information, as usual, I spent some time with Google trying to find out things I needed to know. Once I had made my mind up, I was actually ready to purchase. However, it was now one minute past the end of the show at midnight and the easy pay option had already been removed! Why!? Don't they realise that they are shooting themselves in the feet by doing things like this? I can't always afford to spend a lot on things I need, so the EP option often helps, so by removing it so quickly they lost themselves a sale. I know we laugh at IW at times but their price offers tend to stay in place the whole time the item is in stock, not just for the times the item is on air. This sort of thing, the awful TSVs and repetitive product lineup, expensive prices, high charges and slow service are really putting me off QVC and presumably plenty of others elsewhere. How can they be happy knowing that? Are they simply oblivious or do they think they're too big to fail and don't care? There can only be a limited number of new customers each day, and fewer repeat customers, so who keeps buying?

But why? Surely the "award winning customer service operatives" can be slightly flexible.

After all, you can buy TSVs several days early now, so why not 1 minute after midnight as well. They are no longer a TODAY's special value.

You're right, IW had a 60 minute deal on the other day, and said to give people a chance to think properly they'll leave the deal on half an hour after the hour ends, they obviously were doing it as much for themselves as the customer, but it's still thoughtful never the less. IW have genuine offers and free p&p on the majority of things over the Bank Holiday weekend, I take the Mick out of IW sometimes but credit were its due, that's pretty darn good, I haven't bought from QVC for almost two years now they're too expensive and that's from an original day one customer.

Don't really understand why it makes them tight fisted, they're still charging the same price regardless of easy pays, so will get the same amount of money from the buyer.

You've got to have a cut off point for an offer somewhere, they can choose whenever they like.

Last edited:
customer services are just executing the orders of those higher up. I am sure they can relate to many of the issues but are, simultaneously, powerless to do anything.

But why? Surely the "award winning customer service operatives" can be slightly flexible.

After all, you can buy TSVs several days early now, so why not 1 minute after midnight as well. They are no longer a TODAY's special value.

If the original poster had contacted them then they may well have done...

The night before last, I was watching the Sketchers show, specifically the Shelby boot. Due to lack of information, as usual, I spent some time with Google trying to find out things I needed to know. Once I had made my mind up, I was actually ready to purchase. However, it was now one minute past the end of the show at midnight and the easy pay option had already been removed! Why!? Don't they realise that they are shooting themselves in the feet by doing things like this? I can't always afford to spend a lot on things I need, so the EP option often helps, so by removing it so quickly they lost themselves a sale. I know we laugh at IW at times but their price offers tend to stay in place the whole time the item is in stock, not just for the times the item is on air. This sort of thing, the awful TSVs and repetitive product lineup, expensive prices, high charges and slow service are really putting me off QVC and presumably plenty of others elsewhere. How can they be happy knowing that? Are they simply oblivious or do they think they're too big to fail and don't care? There can only be a limited number of new customers each day, and fewer repeat customers, so who keeps buying?

Didn't you actually call them? They do honour offers after the hour if you speak to Customer Services, even if the offer vanishes online.

This happens a lot and then suddenly when you check back either hours or days later they are back on easy pay... i wonder if Q will only allow so many of them to be sold on easy pay and when that number is reached they remove the option, but then if people don't check out or cancel the order it unlocks more...

If the item is repeated on QVC Style the easy-pays may pop up again: there's a "shopping for shoes" hour at midday on Tuesday but I can't see a Sketchers hour this week.

Quite often l have looked at a product on easy pay and not bought it on that particular day. A day or too later l then really fancy it but the easy pay option has gone. It has definitely saved me money as l haven't gone onto buy the item. I do feel very disappointed when this has happened though. Sometimes we need to have a think about purchasing something, we can't all afford to impulse buy, especially when it is the end of the month and we are awaiting payday.

Latest posts

Back