Virgin Media

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I didn't watch it when it was on originally, as I didn't think the concept was right for a comedy.

But I watched the reruns and was converted.

I wonder whether Shopperholic may change her mind (like I did) after the positive comments on here?

Still no........I don't like anything Forces related like that, Mash, Soldier Soldier, Dads Army. I haven't just made this decision because of the genre, I have actually seen clips that's how I know I don't like them and definitely not my cup of tea.

Aww Dads Army was one of my Dad`s favourites, as was Last of the Summer Wine and I can`t watch re runs of either of them without going teary eyed. My Dad wore hearing aids and even with the aids his hearing was poor. He`d pull his armchair to within a foot of the TV and he`d be laughing his head off but the rest of us would be deafened by the volume.
As for internet, phone companies etc, we changed to Talk Talk and it was the worst thing we ever did. It took months of phonecalls to them, around 6 visits from engineers, new routers and even our own personal named CS Manager who gave us his personal mobile number before we finally got the service we were paying for. It turned out to be a hardline fault on the wires from the telegraph poles, caused by corrosion but it took them about 8 months to find out.

MASH was amazing, I cried when they showed the last episode.

I wasn't fussed about the film, but loved the TV series inspired by the film. One of the most enduring messages of the horrible futility of war wrapped up in beautifully judged black humour. The writing was excellent, and the ensemble cast delivered each episode brilliantly.

Latest posts

Back