What a routine!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think it is interesting to read about all your beauty routines. Mine is not interesting:

AM N07 Hot Cloth Cleanser/Cleansing Balm with clarisonic (until they run out, then its back to Liz Earle C & P)
Liz Earle IBST
Ultrasun face 30
Aldi serum

PM Same Cleanser sometimes with clarisonic
IBST
Aldi Serum
LE Superskin
LE Superskin concentrate

I might throw on a mask now and again, if I remember. I don't use an eye cream as i think they are all useless. If anyone wants to argue the point, i am open to suggestions as I am getting a few more crows feet now.

Oooh - sometimes i use SBC propolis gel if I get hormonal breakouts. It is good.

Itchy, speaking as someone who has never used an eye cream until February, I got the Emma Hardie try me kit and have been using the eye serum every day. I am truly amazed at the difference. The skin round my eyes looks very smooth, not a wrinkle in sight, no bags or dark shadows either and I work long, weird hours. I can honestly say I see a huge improvement. You can put it all over the eye, too... Just a teeny bit goes a long way. No faffing just around the orbit.

ladies I am impressed by your routines, mine is so hap hazard that A Y will be sending the beauty police over to break my door down with a Clarisonic battering ram. I try hard to have a routine and always cleanse and mositurise in the morning, am currently using the Boots No 7 version of "Cleanse and Porridge" (am going to call it that now after reading Art Decos reply to this thread) not that thrilled with it but will keep going and use it up. Moisturiser is whatever brand my gullibility has suckered me into buying and I have started to finally use an eye cream but it is a Boots one and not Q. My trouble is that I am so fickle and have never ever found any product that is a "hero" or a "can't live without". At night I do my level best to clean face with cleanser, currently using a L'oreal one as it was on offer and I do put Revitlash on most nights when I remember as is has made a difference. some nights I am just so tired that I want to collapse in my bed. I have all these good intentions, body brushing, regular use of body lotion instead of when I have the time and the energy, but it is like execise and sensible eating, I can keep it up for a while and then I revert to my inner idle slob!

Itchy, speaking as someone who has never used an eye cream until February, I got the Emma Hardie try me kit and have been using the eye serum every day. I am truly amazed at the difference. The skin round my eyes looks very smooth, not a wrinkle in sight, no bags or dark shadows either and I work long, weird hours. I can honestly say I see a huge improvement. You can put it all over the eye, too... Just a teeny bit goes a long way. No faffing just around the orbit.

Oooh Err! That sounds good. I might have a look and see if I can get the serum on its own, not a collection. I have a bad opinion of eye creams as I have tried quite a few in the past and they were a waste of money. But, like I said, I am always interested to hear of good ones. Thank you.

Oooh Err! That sounds good. I might have a look and see if I can get the serum on its own, not a collection. I have a bad opinion of eye creams as I have tried quite a few in the past and they were a waste of money. But, like I said, I am always interested to hear of good ones. Thank you.

Weathergirl. I am not one to rest on my laurels, so I have just been on the Q website. They have the EH eye serum and 15ml of moringa balm on 2 EP. They do not have the serum on its own. Anyway, I ordered it. I can try the balm with the new microfibre cloths I bought recently - it won't go to waste. If the eye serum does not do anything, I won't speak to you again!!

Only kidding xx

I think it is interesting to read about all your beauty routines. Mine is not interesting:

AM N07 Hot Cloth Cleanser/Cleansing Balm with clarisonic (until they run out, then its back to Liz Earle C & P)
Liz Earle IBST
Ultrasun face 30
Aldi serum

PM Same Cleanser sometimes with clarisonic
IBST
Aldi Serum
LE Superskin
LE Superskin concentrate

I might throw on a mask now and again, if I remember. I don't use an eye cream as i think they are all useless. If anyone wants to argue the point, i am open to suggestions as I am getting a few more crows feet now.

Oooh - sometimes i use SBC propolis gel if I get hormonal breakouts. It is good.

Itchy, at your age :tongue: you should definitely be using some kind of eye cream!!

ladies I am impressed by your routines, mine is so hap hazard that A Y will be sending the beauty police over to break my door down with a Clarisonic battering ram. I try hard to have a routine and always cleanse and mositurise in the morning, am currently using the Boots No 7 version of "Cleanse and Porridge" (am going to call it that now after reading Art Decos reply to this thread) not that thrilled with it but will keep going and use it up. Moisturiser is whatever brand my gullibility has suckered me into buying and I have started to finally use an eye cream but it is a Boots one and not Q. My trouble is that I am so fickle and have never ever found any product that is a "hero" or a "can't live without". At night I do my level best to clean face with cleanser, currently using a L'oreal one as it was on offer and I do put Revitlash on most nights when I remember as is has made a difference. some nights I am just so tired that I want to collapse in my bed. I have all these good intentions, body brushing, regular use of body lotion instead of when I have the time and the energy, but it is like execise and sensible eating, I can keep it up for a while and then I revert to my inner idle slob!

try the Tesco bNatural or the Asda nspa ones, I think they're much nicer than the Boots one, both around the £6/£7 mark I think so a bit cheaper too...I wasn't keen on the Boots one myself.

I always used to use a Dermalogica eye cream until I started using PCMC and the Elemis girlie told me that I could use it as an eye cream too. I've got a Champneys one that I use every now and then, but only because I'm making myself use the ****** stuff up lol.

So technically I don't use an eye cream but I do use a cream around my eyes. And it works really well for me. Hand on heart I have next to no wrinkles my eyes.

Weathergirl. I am not one to rest on my laurels, so I have just been on the Q website. They have the EH eye serum and 15ml of moringa balm on 2 EP. They do not have the serum on its own. Anyway, I ordered it. I can try the balm with the new microfibre cloths I bought recently - it won't go to waste. If the eye serum does not do anything, I won't speak to you again!!

Only kidding xx

Oh the pressure! Hope you like it. I have been using the same 10 ml tube once a day since leap year day, and it's still not empty. On my reckoning that's over 2.5 months using a little pea-sized smear at night time. The results I saw were after a couple of weeks.

I got the same set on easy pay too, but started it yet as the little tube just refuses to empty!

You csn always return it if you don't like it....

Word of warning, if you use revitalash be careful about putting the eye serum too close to the lashes, as they may not mix. I don't use Revitalash, but I remember Emma saying on air that you can take the eye serum up to the lashes. It may be fine but I an always afraid of product overload and mixing cosmetics as you never know if one formulation will affect another.

My nan used to wash her face am and pm with Wrights Coal Tar soap and at 84 had the most amazing skin, silky soft. Me, I used to be taken in by all the QVC spiel but now wash am & pm with a Boots face wash, use Perfect & Protect serum and any old moisturiser (although I do like Hope in a Jar) & do like the Philosophy eye cream. Body lotion is a FCUK shea lotion I got cheap in Boots, make up, just a slick of No 7 eye shadow and YSL mascara, as it's the only brand I've found that does a grey, black's too harsh for my colouring. A bit of lip gloss and that's me done.

IF ... and I don't normally but have flirted with them in the past ... I was going to use a serum, how long do I wait after putting on the serum before I put my moisturiser on? I don't think I've ever really known whether to leave it just to sink in, ten minutes or go straight on with the moisturiser.

No fancy routine here to impress/bore the arse off you with:
  1. Wash chops with Pears soap :eek: and the dreaded water :eek:
  2. Slap on Olay Daily Renewal Creme
  3. Coat chops with L'Oreal translucent powder
  4. Apply several coats black waterproof mascara, separating lashes with my trusty eyelash pin...aka large unbent safety pin :grin:
Voila!! :happy: Good to go. :flower:

P.S. Wtf is spackle?? :confused:

'Simple' is not as simple as they would have us believe.
The toner contains formaldehyde-releasing preservative 2-bromo-2-nitropropane-1,3-diol which makes it questionable for sensitive skin.
Ingredients:
Water, Sorbitol, Sodium Pca, Allantoin, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Hamamelis Virginiana Distillate, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol, Chamomilla Recutita Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

You might be very happy with it barbedwire, but I thought I'd just mention it.

Thanks Minim! :nod:

I've really had to go trial and error with my skin of late - so many things that I used before were flaring me up. As a last resort I picked the Simple stuff up (I know it's nowhere near as "natural" as they claim, I've been studying cosmetic ingredient labels for years and have read books on it :nod:), but so far it seems to be the only line of products not irritating my skin. Which is sad, cos I used to enjoy using essential oils and balms on my skin. Meh! Just one of those things I guess - I can't even use Liz Earle anymore!! *sadface*

This is weird as I was only thinking this very thing the other morning - how much of my life am I wasting on applying various gunks!
Hope you haven't all got bored now but here's mine:

AM
cleanse- Liz earle C&P or EH moringa balm
tone- Liz Earle Instant Boost Tonic
serum- Olay regenerist at moment but have tried loads
eyes- Gatineau Melatogenine
neck- Gatineau Firming Throat gel
moisturiser- Liz Earle Skin Repair at moment but am not faithful, also like Clarins Extra-firming Day Cream

PM
cleanse- EH moringa balm after Bioderma or This Works cleansing water if removing makeup
tone- Liz Earle IBST again
eyes- Gatineau Melatogenine
serum- Olay again
neck- Liz Earle Superskin Bust & Neck serum
Moisturiser- Superskin sometimes with Superskin concentrate or Embrolisse lait-concentrate if skin is very dry.

2/3 times a week- Alpha H Liquid Gold Smoothing/perfecting mask or whatever mask I'm currently using.

I daren't even think about how long it takes to put my make up on, I must waste hours, not to mention money!! I also chop and change quite a lot as I get sucked into whatever hype I'm reading or watching or I get bored half way through products (although I always finish them), I know it's all flannel but still buy things. And I don't even have wonderful skin, it's OK but could be better.

In my defence, I don't however actually spend silly money on skincare or makeup, mostly it's high street, a few TSV's on the Q or I try to buy with discounts - money off coupons or reward card points, ha ha do you think I'm fooling myself here?!! A lovely lady in Space NK gave me a sample of some fabulous Chantecaille moisturiser, it was gorgeous, but when I looked at the full product price, it was £220..... never could I spend that even with reward points!

Agree totally, bought the same starter kit, best of eye care so far and I tried a lot of eye creams (not serums though).

Last edited:
My 'routine' isn't even daily. I do my face when I wash my hair (every 2/3 days). Tesco face wipe, tesco value microfibre cloth (from the household cleaner aisle) on forehead and sides of nose where I get flaky skin, Lidl moisturiser. If it feels particularly dry I might put on some extra Lidl stuff in between times.

If I go anywhere special I repeat the above then put on some Jerome Alexander Powder (I know, other channel) Maybelline lip stuff and Avon eyeliner.

I can't afford any fancy stuff and the above works for me. Usually the most I am doing is walking the dog and she doesn't mind what I look like - same clothes every morning, no make up, she is not fussed as long as I remember the tennis ball!

Oh dear, your posts have made me take a good look at my face. I've been too lackadaisical, oh heck - lazy. Have ordered EH 4 pc for the eye serum and Alpha H 4 pc to improve my pores/nose blackheads. Thought I looked fine for my age, but am spurred on to 'do better'. And with 30DMBG, that's good incentive. I do l-o-v-e my Weleda SkinFood but it is very rich/greasy for the rare times I leave the house, so will leave that for nighttime (just ordered from Boots, 3 for 2). Thanks for your personal recommendations!

Forgot to say that on Sundays I usually exfoliate and bung on a face mask while i deep condition my hair. While i cannot say that these treatments render me drop dead gorgeous, they can almost always enusure that someone either knocks on my door and is confronted by me looking like something from a horror film with gunk on my face and hair in a turban or my phone rings just as I am rinsing it all off!!!

Latest posts

Back