What a routine!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i am going to confess though my body needs extra care . shower with l'occitane soap,then decleor sculpt,sbc collagen gel and l'occitane body lotion ooopppssss! having lost half my body weight it needs the layering approach lol

I too have lost not far off half my body weight, and my post baby skin (24 years ago but now looks really gross because there is no longer any fat to pad it out) definitely needs extra care. I use Rituals body cream (John Lewis) which is REALLY lovely and good value for money, as is all the range. I can't say it's working any miracles but I'm not kidding myself that anything will, but it smells wonderful and keeps my skin hydrated.

Wow ladies! How much did you lose and how long did it take you if you don't mind my asking? That's so impressive and congratulations!!!

Wow, lots of inspiration/ideas from all your posts. Kicking myself for not getting the EH TSV just to try the eye serum.
My routine, always extremely simple till I discovered QVC, then used the whole LE range religiously, and flirted with philosophy Hope moisturiser (too smelly) and A'KIN (gorgeous).
A.M. cleanse with Ackin rose & getanium creamy cleanser or Naked skin (budget, 97% natural, available in Superdrug)
Wipe over with cotton pad and LE IBST, or splash with cold water.
Massage a drop of rosehip oil into forehead lines.
Moisturise face and neck with Naked skin Thirst Aid moisturiser.
Garnier serum under eyes.
Then LG real deal concealer, BnB, LG blush, Avon, Bonnie Brown or CID eyeliners, all equally as good and whateverclip gloss I have on the go.
P.M, remove makeup with A'KIN cleanser, LE IBST, 4 drops of A'KIN cellular radiance oil all over my face (also love the AD Skin Synergy one), EH moringa balm on my cuticles, hand and feet (trying to usebit up as gives me eczema if used on my face) and fall into bed.
Once a week use a body scrub on hands and feet, face mask (A'kin) or LE exfoliator and olive oil/ almond oil treatment in my hair.
I think this is quite a simple routine, but I know I take too long on my make-up! Really envy folks with the confidence to go make-up free!
Moneynwise...try to get TSVs and offers.
Timewise...waste far too much time reading reviews, researching products....in short I am a bit obsessed.

You didn't miss the eye serum in the TSV, the eye serum is in the try me/starter kit in s 3/4 size, plus a dollup of moringa, a dollup of am/pm and enough rosehip seeds to last me a year, and a cloth. BTW a "dollup" lasted me 2 months with once a day use of the am/pm

I only just realised that the starter set is a bliddy bargain for EH lovers.

The TSV had the face serum.

Love reading all these routines. Mines varies drastically depending on how motivated or lazy i am feeling. I use a mix of the following.

Cleansers: C&P (though I swear it isnt as good since they changed the formula), Shu Uemura cleansing oils, Bioderma, Skin Science Enzyme cleanser
Toner: Instant Boost Skin Tonic (love), Dr Hauschka Toner
Serum: Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance
Eye cream: SKII Eye Treatment
Moisturiser: Ultrasun Facial in summer, PCMC
Neck: Mamma Mio Boob Tube
Make Up: full whammy, foundation, eyes, lips etc etc. Not too bothered about brands, loving BB creams just now though with a fluff of BE on top. Fav mascara has to be YSL False Lash Effect. Lots of MAC stuff for eyes/lips.
Night: same as AM but with addition of Clarins Heavy Eye Make-up remover and sometimes Murad Essential C Night Moisture.
Hands: not fussed, current favourite is Balance Me

I do the odd exfoliation treatment, usually with Dermalogica and if you ever want to splash out on a mask, dont look further than Sisley Black Rose. Daft expensive but superb.

You didn't miss the eye serum in the TSV, the eye serum is in the try me/starter kit in s 3/4 size, plus a dollup of moringa, a dollup of am/pm and enough rosehip seeds to last me a year, and a cloth. BTW a "dollup" lasted me 2 months with once a day use of the am/pm

I only just realised that the starter set is a bliddy bargain for EH lovers.

The TSV had the face serum.

Sorry.... Meant 2/3 not 3/4. Duhhh!

What's wrong with a quick exfoliation with a lovely Brillo pad followed by a liberal application of chip fat? Bliss!

Wow ladies! How much did you lose and how long did it take you if you don't mind my asking? That's so impressive and congratulations!!!

Thanks petpixie :) I was about 14 stone and now 8 ish. I did it in 6 months by cutting out sweet stuff, pastry etc, and exercise. I'd love to say it was hellish and how well I've done but if I'm honest it was easy and the weight just fell off me. I was always petite until I gave up smoking and my parents are very slim, so I'm meant to be this size. I do feel much better but the only down side is my boobs have gone from a size 38E to a 32B :mysmilie_843:

took me 5 years to lose 10 stone and i come from a family where we all struggle with weight. was a size 28/30 now a size 16/18. initilally just cut back drastically and excersized now i am on atkins and lost 1lb a day on induction for 3 weeks now i lose about 4lbs a week. better diet than the low cal ones where you are hungry and it takes 2 weeks to lose a pound. works for me x

well done both you ladies! I wish...! I used to be a comfortable 10-12, but as I hit middle age, stopped smoking, went on HRT, I piled about three stones on and am still sitting at around a size 18...sometimes I buy a size 20 in a top just so it's that bit looser and doesn't show up all my bumps. Strangely, a pear shape, but I can still get in a size 16 jeans if they're M & S. I would love to go down a couple of sizes but the older you get the harder it seems to be - and as was said somewhere, possibly another thread, the old phizz benefits from a bit of weight so that's my excuse now!

You've both done so well! I'm a size 10 and I'm noticing it's not quite so easy to maintain that since hitting 50. I'm in peri menopause and I definitely have to eat less now to maintain my weight. It's a bummer! I think more exercise is probably the way to go. The Atkins diet sounds great for you Boffy, allowing you to eat enough without feeling hungry. I'm not a big meat eater so it wouldn't be a diet I could follow unfortunately. Salad salad and more salad for me!! (with the odd chocolate bar as a treat)

You've both done so well! I'm a size 10 and I'm noticing it's not quite so easy to maintain that since hitting 50. I'm in peri menopause and I definitely have to eat less now to maintain my weight. It's a bummer! I think more exercise is probably the way to go. The Atkins diet sounds great for you Boffy, allowing you to eat enough without feeling hungry. I'm not a big meat eater so it wouldn't be a diet I could follow unfortunately. Salad salad and more salad for me!! (with the odd chocolate bar as a treat)

that's me too! It's easier to lose a pound or two during the summer when I can live on salad, but when it's cold I'm a stew & dumpling kinda gal (but not much meat thank you!)

I spent my 20s and 30s buying everything AY recommended and using up most of my disposable income that way. Developed rosacea from overload of essential oils. Hit 40 and realised all that frenzied cosmetic-buying was just another way of believing I'm not good enough as I am.

So now I am down to basics: l'Occitane Immortelle eye cream and moisturiser (day/night) plus a simple cleanser/toner from whoever - sometimes Elemis sensitive skin wash. Exfoliate in the shower when I remember.

I have realised 4 things:

1) I am good enough as I am and skin imperfections are not character defects

2) I just need to keep my skin clean and supple, nice and moisturised and SPF'd in the open air.

3) Nothing will prevent wrinkles except surgery or Botox.

4) To get over myself and value myself for what I do, how I behave, what I learn, not if I'm having a good skin day or not.

Here endeth the lesson of the Rose.

x

@Redrose. funnily enough I was just thinking about your number 1 comment above before I got to this page! A lot of us women are very hard on ourselves. I must have had a lovely figure when I was in my twenties yet I spent all my time being self conscious and running myself down. Still doing it but the old body isn't in the shape that it was then. I'll just have to try to accept myself for what I am.

I don't think everyone is that hard on themselves, lots of people have complicated skincare regimes because they like it and see the benefits. I just know that for me it was part of the I'm-not-good-enough mentality I had when I was younger. I think making the most of yourself is a good thing but I don't think obsessive dieting, exercise and obsession with appearance does much good if you want to develop true self-esteem. I've never known my husband not go out because he's having a bad hair day...and I spent far too long hiding indoors when I thought I wasn't good enough to go out. A happy smile makes me look far nicer than all the Gatineau in the world!

This kit arrived today. Not sure how, as it was only posted on the 22nd. Anyway, its obviously too early to comment on the eye serum, but the Moringa Balm is gorgeous. I did not buy the kit for that, but really like it, so thanks Weathergirl. I will report back on the eye serum if and when I notice any improvement.

Weathergirl. I am not one to rest on my laurels, so I have just been on the Q website. They have the EH eye serum and 15ml of moringa balm on 2 EP. They do not have the serum on its own. Anyway, I ordered it. I can try the balm with the new microfibre cloths I bought recently - it won't go to waste. If the eye serum does not do anything, I won't speak to you again!!

Only kidding xx

You're welcome itchy. BTW keep your Moringa Balm in a cool dark place. It loses some of it's consistency in the heat. I know it melts onto the skin anyway but I prefer the more solid consistency to start off.

Latest posts

Back