What a shrew....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Huggles

Registered Shopper
Michaela, the Yankee Candle guest presenter, is a real snippy bissom. She deserves a slap. I caught a presentation with Dale this morning and had to turn over. She obviously had better things to do and wasn't happy at spending time presenting candles. Dale was giving the usual waffle about how wonderful the cupcake candle fragrance was and the shrew snipped back at him 'I know what they smell like, thank you.' Does she think he was describing the fragrance for her benefit? She really has lost the plot. It was a bit of a moment but Dale coped well, under the circumstances, She should be sent to pasture and let the other presenter get her job...she clearly doesn't want it.

I didn't see that bit, but she has definitely been tangoed - she looks like she's been on holiday for a year (perhaps thats where she wants to get back to). I know hers is real, and I love a light fake tan, but that is too much! Lets hope Ali Young doesn't stop her in the corridors!

oooh I didn't see that bit either. I liked her in the early part of the show, thought she was more relaxed than normal, perhaps its jet lag and her new holiday mode started slipping. I hope Rosa is on later I really like her!!

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx?app=detail&view=2&params=item^700880

Don't know if the link will work but the video is with this item number.
See for yourselves....I just had root canal work done yesterday and even I wouldn't have been so snippy :sweat:.

Yes Huggles, I heard that remark. Couldn't believe my ears so I "rewound" to check she did say that. Very unprofessional of a guest presenter. If it was meant to be a joke, then it didn't come over very well.

The link didn't work but the item number was there - 700880 - so I keyed that.

Ooooh! She she was rattled wasn't she! It started when Dale picked up the holder & she took it from him.
I thought Dale gave as good as he got. I don't often praise him, but good for him.

dale had obviously been beaten into submission by the constant holiday references (me me me) and replied "you wish you were still at the beach don't you".

yeah - so do we.

Yeah, I checked out the video clip from the item number and she was indeed 'very snappy and very odd', to quote boffy. Michaela may well 'know what they smell like, thank you', but - hello - maybe the viewers don't. Dale was simply describing the smell in detail, which was more than Michaela was attempting to do, and he was more upbeat and polite to her than she deserved, frankly, so Dale was being really professional. She did say 'I take that back' when Dale commented on her remark, but she needs to buck up her ideas a bit. You know what she reminds me of? A bus driver who's had enough: you know what I mean? When they break too hard every time they have to stop and everybody is jerked uncomfortably forward. Given that she has been off for ages, and looked really good and rested, you think she would have been nicer. I just get the impression she's fed up with her job, but just puts in the time and takes the pay. If there are any underlying personal unhappinesses in her life, then that's a shame, but she needs to learn to put on a professional face, like all good workers do.

Yes, it was embarrassing to watch - I thought Dale deserved a gold medal for coping with Michaela's ill temper. He attempted to smooth over things but I wish Yankee Candles would find someone more professional. She has always been rather shrewish but last night reached new heights of rudeness. There must be plenty of other presenters that would make a better job of it.

I can't stand her. So far up her own arse it's unbelieveable. Well done Dale, though, he handled it brilliantly. By drawing attention to what she said and not simply ignoring it, he made her look very rude, which is what she was. She even had to admit that she deserved his retort!

Latest posts

Back