What was the quirkiest item you have bought from Q?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
Listening to JF talking about quirky are me think about this.

In my early Q shopping days I bought a pair of sterling silver joined circles magnetic dangly earings. Quite quirky I hear you say BUT they also joined together to make a bracelet.

I don't have pierced ears and find clips uncomfortable so I feel odd wearing earrings at all but I take these on holiday every time and they never fail to get comments.

They weren't all that expensive either.

Now why don't we ever see things like that now?

PS just received a cute little pair of magnetic heart earings off an eBay seller which brought this to my mind.

Anyone else?

It's been a long time since I bought anything, does realising they were ripping me off count? although I didn't buy that, they gave me that for free. :happy:

Listening to JF talking about quirky are me think about this.

In my early Q shopping days I bought a pair of sterling silver joined circles magnetic dangly earings. Quite quirky I hear you say BUT they also joined together to make a bracelet.

I don't have pierced ears and find clips uncomfortable so I feel odd wearing earrings at all but I take these on holiday every time and they never fail to get comments.

They weren't all that expensive either.

Now why don't we ever see things like that now?

PS just received a cute little pair of magnetic heart earings off an eBay seller which brought this to my mind.

Anyone else?

A bedspread in really bright bono colours by Rekha home designs. Got it in last clicks or clearance in 2007/8. It is bright coloured patchwork in Fushcia pink, teal, orange, purple and gold embroidery. Each patch is either silk/satin, or velvet texture with cotton reverse. It is not colour fast and could do with a dry clean but it has graced the end of our bed folded over for a few years now.. never seen anything like it before or since. Says made in India on the label. I love it!

A blast from the past; A blue Rolykit but you need the space to open it :mysmilie_59:

Yes I still have it!

ScreenHunter_25 Jan. 06 02.42.jpg

Another blast from the past!

I bought one of those orange/grapefruit squeezer things, sold by a German(?) man - yonks ago.

I put in a cupboard somewhere and it only recently came to light while I was having a mega sort out. I might actually give it a go :sun:

A blast from the past; A blue Rolykit but you need the space to open it :mysmilie_59:

Yes I still have it!

View attachment 11047

I have one (not from QVC).

It seemed a good idea at the time, a small box that holds loads of items.

But you need loads of floor space to open it, especially if you need an item from the innermost compartment.

And you have to make sure that every compartment has nothing protruding above the edges, otherwise it will not close.

This is the colour of mine - faux wood - - - - >

Rolykit 83189_1.jpg

I bought a couple of Rolykits and they're doing a sterling job housing odd nails and screws etc in our garage.
I tried to think about this and it got me to thinking about all the stuff I've bought from QVC over the years. I must have spent thousands in the first few years but I haven't a clue where it all is. It's probably all still lurking in my cupboards, unless it's been chucked out.
I don't think I could describe any of my purchases as quirky, but I could certainly say a lot of them have been crazy, or I must have been.

Latest posts

Back