What was your worst ever purchase?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My worst purchase was a Rolykit which was supposed to be a jewellery kit for taking on holidays. What a pile of carp. One "roly" and every single chain inside was tangled up like a Chinese metal puzzle. Utter carpola!:confused:

In total agreement

hi
mine was a car wash thing, which was a pipe attached to a sponge and you had to put the pipe in a bucket of water, and the water supposed to come up the pipe into the sponge so you could wash your car, me and boyf spent ages trying to get the water up the flipping pipe, to no avail, my boyf then spent 3 hours telling me qvc sell a load of rubbish and this proved it, and worse still i never got round to sending it back, so its stuck up in the attic lol

When I bought this, thinking optimistically I would never have to go to the carwash again (how gullible), my husband couldn't believe how stupid I'd been, but he let me try. My neighbour saw me and laughed her head off - it was a disaster. You cannot get the water out of the pipe. Can't believe they had the nerve to sell this.

#82 Rosielinks - wasn't that the one you had to hold up at a minimum of 3 foot & slurp on it to get it going......or something? lol

Mine are
1) the Kanban music and dance TSV kit (grossly tacky)
2) Pro Strong calcium nail kit (just made no difference)
3) Vax for hard and carpeted floors (warning in small print-for waterproof floors only, rendering it useless for the joins in my laminate)
They all went back, so I await "the letter"!

My current worst buy would be the last Ojon TSV for the conditioner ... I'm giving Wurzel Gummidge a run for his money on the straw-like hair front at the moment! Such a shame as the first few washes were great!

A home electrolysis kit that didn't work and fell to bits when I set it up.
Anything Leighton Denny has either been sent broken/used or just was of poor quality
Some Pupa Mascara which was clumpy, dry and horrible to remove
Gale Hayman Lip Lift which I had a violent reaction to

An Elemis face mask. Face red and burnt - eyes and lips swollen. Was scary. Needed medical treatment. Lasted a fortnight over the Christmas and New Year period - good thing is it means I will never buy Elemis again and as it is such an expensive range it probably saved me a fortune in the long run!

hi all! First message:
so: space bags -the air of course was ging to get in...

Models prefer loose yellow powder in a trumpet link container that broke and went everywehre
Recent ojon tsv smells foul and just like wet dog and fags and my dry v curly hair was even frizzier after
gatineau defi lift honestly, what lift!!!!

Paul McKenna's "I Can Make You Slightly Fatter Than You Are Right Now". I think the man hypnotised me into hitting the order button.

Tova perfume. Just ghastly!

I decided to use it to perfume the wheelie bin but after a couple of goes decided I preferred the smell of a fortnight's rotting food.

Tova perfume. Just ghastly!
I decided to use it to perfume the wheelie bin but after a couple of goes decided I preferred the smell of a fortnight's rotting food.

Paul McKenna's "I Can Make You Slightly Fatter Than You Are Right Now". I think the man hypnotised me into hitting the order button.

Classic, PMSL, totally! I have so enjoyed reading this thread, absolutely hilarious! :D

Twinke - a warm welcome to the <s>madhouse</s> ST forums! :)

Mine was those things that were supposed to clean both sides of your windows. They were supposed to be held either side of your window pane by really strong magnets. The magnets were SO powerfull you couldn't move the damn things across the window - it didn't matter how much soapy water was on your sponge. The guy who did the demonstration must have been really strong as he made it look so easy. Think they're in the loft somewhere now.

Welcome Twinke. X

Last edited:
thank you! I thought I was twinkle and then realised I can't spell...:1:

LOL! It's already abundantly clear that you're obviously going to fit in here just fine......! :D

Actually, I think we might already have a Twinkle........? I forget......nothing new there then! :6:

me too with the bandages that make you lose inches, only made me lose pounds,

genie

gale hayman tsv carp

steam cleaner mess maker

solar tan thru swim suit

Latest posts

Back