What would be your QVC desert island product?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Rozzy

Registered Shopper
For me it would have to be Philosophy Supernatural, the loose powder/foundation.
It's the best imho and I'd definately take it to a desert island..............over to you:call:

Ooooh good question!

My choice would be Laura Geller Balance and Brighten. Its the one thing I buy over and over and over.

There's other cosmetic and toiletry items i couldnt live without but thats the one item i repurchase - all the others I flirt between different brands and types.

I have given up having one as I can not garantee that QVC have it in stock when I need it. I only by producys now if I know I can get some somewhere else if I need them, and that usually means that unless its a TSV they are also cheaper elsewhere

LE superskin concentrate and my BE make up as i'd have plenty of time to apply it.

my make-up bag (full)! If only one item is allowed I'd have to forget make-up and take my ABC skinwash...desert islands by definition being hot, and me with my hot flushes & sweats..:giggle:

Deffo my L'Oxy shea butter hand cream. Hands get really sore without it. Thanks in no small part to STF I've found virtually all my skincare elsewhere cheaper (and quicker!) but QVC are still the best value for this so it's now my only repeat purchase from them.

Would have to be PCMC as I can't find another moisturiser that suits my skin and believe me I've tried as PCMC is so expensive!!

Laura Geller Ethereal Rose Powder. I have yet to find another blusher/brightener like it. For me it's possibly one of the best things I've had from QVC.

LE superskin concentrate and my BE make up as i'd have plenty of time to apply it.

Does superskin concentrate work on scarring? I'm I too young to use it as I'm 23? What's it good for? Sorry for all the questions.

My desert island product is the Laura Geller The real Deal foundation stick. Its marvellous!

Would have to be PCMC as I can't find another moisturiser that suits my skin and believe me I've tried as PCMC is so expensive!!

I've tried this:http://www.paulaschoice.co.uk/resist-barrier-repair-moisturizer.html and I find its texture and moisture quenching abilities very similar to PCMC. The only downfall is that this one is fragrance free, so the lovely smell is not there to be enjoyed. However it's cheaper (£22.50 for 50ml) and you can use it safely around the eyes, too. They do a trial sample as for £0.80, as well. But you need to consider p&p on top of that.

Oh forgot to say: If I have to choose one product it'll be the new Gatineau Aquamemory eye cream. Best ever for my dry eyes!

WAAAAHHHH! I'm beginning to wish I hadn't started this, you're all tempting me with some of these products!:happy::call:

Does superskin concentrate work on scarring? I'm I too young to use it as I'm 23? What's it good for? Sorry for all the questions.

My desert island product is the Laura Geller The real Deal foundation stick. Its marvellous!

To be honest Tyson I don't know if it works on scarring. This isn't a technical answer, but for me i find it balances my oily combination skin. I thought it would be too heavy and greasy for my skin but it doesn't make my skin spotty which was my biggest concern.However the Superskin moisturiser was too heavy for me.
The main ingredients for the SS concentrate are rosehip oil, Argan oil,Neroli and Lavender and essential oils.
I think it's horses for courses to be honest and a lot of trial and error. For everyone who swears by a product there's another who has a reaction to it or doesn't like it. I had that with the Pro collagen marine cream it made my skin spotty but there are others who love it.

To be honest Tyson I don't know if it works on scarring. This isn't a technical answer, but for me i find it balances my oily combination skin. I thought it would be too heavy and greasy for my skin but it doesn't make my skin spotty which was my biggest concern.However the Superskin moisturiser was too heavy for me.
The main ingredients for the SS concentrate are rosehip oil, Argan oil,Neroli and Lavender and essential oils.
I think it's horses for courses to be honest and a lot of trial and error. For everyone who swears by a product there's another who has a reaction to it or doesn't like it. I had that with the Pro collagen marine cream it made my skin spotty but there are others who love it.

Thank you! My Mum really likes the Liz Earle Superskin moisturiser, she has a few of the 5ml vials so I may use them on the night time to see how it goes and the SBC gel during the day. That's thing with skincare like you said what works for someone may not work for another.

Thank you! My Mum really likes the Liz Earle Superskin moisturiser, she has a few of the 5ml vials so I may use them on the night time to see how it goes and the SBC gel during the day. That's thing with skincare like you said what works for someone may not work for another.

Good luck, let us know how you get on. It's funny you mentioned the SBC gels because i couldn't get on with them because of the alcohol content. No wonder these skin care companys make so much money with our constant quest for the perfect product.
My grandmother had the most beautiful, clear, virtually line free skin right up until she died when she was in her nineties. she only ever used to use soap and water on her face and had better skin at 90 than i have at 46!!

Last edited:
Alpha H rejeuvinating moisturiser - a gift from the gods which means i can go make up free

Latest posts

Back