What's the most expensive piece of jewellery you've ever bought from QVC?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ArtDeco

Registered Shopper
Sheer nosiness really :giggle:. Something Tinkerbelle said in another thread about having bought QVC jewellery from the lower end to the more expensive stuff (and still never getting an invite to a jewellery event - hope you get lucky soon Tinks :nod: :hi:) just made me wonder what top prices we've all paid for QVC bling. Think with me it's a pair of platinum earrings from when they did the platinum 950 range. Bought them 7 years ago for around £135. They were a bit of a luxury purchase for us at the time but I have loved them and loved them.

So for those that don't mind sharing, what's been your top jewellery spend with QVC? Was anyone on here a purchaser of the £19,000 south sea pearls that Catherine Huntley loves to reminisce about? :whew: (And if so can I be on your Christmas pressie list?! :handshake:)

a anthony kliger diamonique ring in 14ct full eternity ring. really beautifull it is get comments all the time as its very unique and expensive lookin. paid around£100 for it in last clicks 12 years ago i think. not sure.

Don't laugh... I have only bought one piece of jewellery from Q so it is my most expensive purchase - drum roll please - £23 diamoneek sibstitute engagement ring to wear when I didn't want to wear my 'real' one. I have to say it is a really good one, my friend's eyes popped out of her head when she saw it, did I tell her the truth hmmmmmmm

Last edited:
Oh heck. Time to 'fess up :eek:)

Nothing over £500. A few things over £300 though.

A rose gold bow ring - about £300
A three stone morganite ring - about £350

Being two that I can remember the price of.

I bought a heavy curb chain gold necklace.

I saw the identical thing recently in a second-hand shop, scratched and battered, for £4500. Mine is still as new.

I could have bought 4 1/2 crowns for that money.

Tanzanite and diamond 18ct white gold. In clearance for about £260 ish. It was a good colour AA stone which I had re set into another ring and scrapped the gold cos as usual the metal had been hollowed out. As I traded in the gold, I just paid for labour and £100 for certified VS1 diamonds. Ring now valued at £1800. Does that count? Jeweller said the Tanzanite was a great colour so Q did well there.

Tinks I just came back on to post a message to you to say don't worry if you don't want to share! Didn't want it to look like I'd started a thread aimed at coercing you into disclosing your buying habits :sweat:. It was just your comment on the other thread that got me wondering. But thanks for 'fessing up (as I believe the young folk say!) You have great taste, hope you enjoy your jewels :nod:

OH has just wondered aloud if anyone was going to reply saying that their most expensive QVC jewellery purchase was an Eek ring for £10 - and that they were fleeced :giggle:

No problem Art Deco. I've been quite extravagant in the past but I'm being good these days. But I am such a magpie. My OH knows that gifts really ought to be jewellery. A handbag, perfume or a pashmina is an acceptable alternative but that's about it. Fortunately my dad learnt a long time ago and has built up my stash over the years quite nicely.

Sadly Q no longer sell this range, Black Hills Gold jewellery from Dakota. They sold it all off in clearance at about 50% off late 2011 when I was fortunate to pick up a couple of pieces, came in very handy as a Xmas gift for my DD. Unusual designs with three colours of gold and leaf and tiny grapes detail. Interesting story on the background on how it all came about originally. The price for this piece...£136

About 6 or 7 years ago I bought the White gold Julia Roberts popcorn watch for about £500 I think it was. Gorgeous, weighty, well made and gets worn often and I have never regreted it.

Many years ago when money was better for us I got a small tanzanite and and diamond gold ring, it's not the deepest blue but what I like about it is it's design, like a flower on the tanzanite and the leaves are diamonds, around £80. Not alot but for me it was!

I haven't ever purchased jewellery from QVC. My most expensive piece though is my v.heavy wedding ring. I often see nice pieces on QVC but with stories of stones falling out and hollowed out gold I would rather not buy them. When I buy jewellery I buy quality. I can't wear silver and I would rather not buy EEK as I prefer genuine precious stones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know there are lots of reviews about stones falling out and poor quality but I can honestly say I have only had two pieces where there a stone has dropped out. One couldn't be replaced as it was no longer in stock and I got a full refund months after I bought it. The other was replaced without any problem.

Some of the bands on the rings are hollowed out but that is usually reflected in the price. But the ring I bough recently has a heavyweight full band. The previous one was a slimmer band but again it wasn't hollowed out.

I have a lot of jewellery ... and I mean a LOT ... bought from various shops and various countries. QVC is definitely amongst my favourite "shops". My favourite style from QVC has to be their sterling silver with semi precious stones.
I like fashion jewellery and QVC allows me to have semi precious fashion jewellery.

I completely understand that some peeps prefer to buy heavyweight gold pieces and wouldn't buy those kind of pieces from QVC. My trouble is I buy those as well!!

Mine was the silver popcorn watch, i think it was about £80.
I love it and think it was the best buy out of all the many products i've purchased.

Pipe dreams.....

I have bought some 'Eek' items in silver, epiphany and Veronese and they have all been fine. Some have a very good silver weight and for the price I paid, often in clearance or last clicks, have been billy bargains. A lot of workmanship goes into some of these pave set designs which can be bought for less than £20 sometimes.

However, if money was no object....ha ha.....then the ring in the middle column , second row is what I'd order for a looksee. Dammit, they've even got it in my size! :doh: The first pair of earrings aren't too shabby either.....

http://www.qvcuk.com/CatalogSearch?...catalogId=10152&keyword=Pink+diamonds&x=0&y=0

I love those stud earrings Sacha. Just gorgeous. The pink tourmaline ring is lovely too. Actually I like the entire top row. But I do have a silver ring with rose gold butterflies that reminds of the third one. And now I've studied it I would prefer the pink tourmaline if it were set onto a simple band. Rather than having the twiddly setting.

But those stud earrings are stunning.

Oh, a 9ct white gold toggle bracelet which was a TSV, might have been a choice of colours? Anyway it was £80+ if I remember. No doubt by today's prices it would be in the hundreds as it quite heavy. I used to buy 14ct white gold diamonique small pieces used to be around £30 or so in those days. Earrings in white gold and other smaller bracelets.

I bought a few of the Viva Las Vegas rings when they used to come on as I loved the coloured stones & unusual designs. There was another range too, that I can't recall the name of, that some black woman guest used to do, got a couple if those they were what Debbie called stonkers! The dearest was around £180 if I remember rightly.
My husband has bought me a few things that were slightly more but he much prefers buying jewellery from a shop.

I've bought loads since finding QVC but virtually all under £50, even a couple of gold pieces back in the day. I posted about an Or Paz lemon quartz ring the other day and that's the most expensive thing I've bought - £67.50.

I'd be happy to spend up to about £150 with QVC if it was something I really liked, but there's much better quality fine jewellery to be found elsewhere.

My only comment about current QVC qualilty would apply to the drop in silver/gold weights, hollowing and price hikes in the last couple years - but it's the same everywhere else. I don't buy as much now because of this.

What I have I'm very pleased with and have never had to complain about faults. I love the range of ring sizes Q have available, made me far more adventurous with what I wear.

About 6 or 7 years ago I bought the White gold Julia Roberts popcorn watch for about £500 I think it was. Gorgeous, weighty, well made and gets worn often and I have never regreted it.

I bought the same watch in yellow gold. Wore it less than 10 times and one of the popcorn strands broke where it joind the watch face. Lovely watch but not a lot of use now in the drawer.

Latest posts

Back