Yankee Candle TSV 16/5/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Do you think the three jars we thought were going to be the TSV on the 16th are going to be at a TSV/Event price on the 29th as the TV Guide says that Bank Holiday Monday is a Babyliss, Ultrasun, Yankee day??

Yankee TSV 1.jpg

OMG!!! WHat a good point. I saw that show on the EPG and this never occurred to me. Something to watch out for, yay!!

:mysmilie_59:

Before the latest report about candles polluting the air, I always did wonder about the smoke after I extinguished a candle, and its toxic effects. Now I rarely light one, and have the window open during the time its lit, and then extinguish it outside until the candle is cold. The report reckons its as bad as breathing in second hand smoke from cigarettes, what with that and the plastic containers that microwaveable ready meals are packed in are also toxic, I'm surprised we're all still alive !!!

Before the latest report about candles polluting the air, I always did wonder about the smoke after I extinguished a candle, and its toxic effects. Now I rarely light one, and have the window open during the time its lit, and then extinguish it outside until the candle is cold. The report reckons its as bad as breathing in second hand smoke from cigarettes, what with that and the plastic containers that microwaveable ready meals are packed in are also toxic, I'm surprised we're all still alive !!!

Life is a terminal disease.

As my old dad used to say.." Don't smoke, don't drink, don't cavort with fast women. You might not live any longer but it sure as hell will feel like you do!"

Personally I don't want to give up all the things I enjoy so that I can spend an extra five years being ignored in an old folks' home.

I'm also careful when extinguishing candles, brissles, but mainly because I hate the lingering smell which can counteract all the nice fragrance from burning the candle itself. I tend to leave it near the hearth when I put it out and watch any smoke go up the chimney. Have you got a link to the report, please?

Life is a terminal disease.

As my old dad used to say.." Don't smoke, don't drink, don't cavort with fast women. You might not live any longer but it sure as hell will feel like you do!"

Personally I don't want to give up all the things I enjoy so that I can spend an extra five years being ignored in an old folks' home.

I totally agree with you. My house must be a den of pollution with dog hairs, candle fumes, wine and whisky fumes and probably a million other things. The thought of being in an old folks home scares the doo dah out of me. I've got an exit plan where I'm surrounded by my burning Yankees, dog in the bed with me and a nice full hip flask :mysmilie_8:

CC

I totally agree with you. My house must be a den of pollution with dog hairs, candle fumes, wine and whisky fumes and probably a million other things. The thought of being in an old folks home scares the doo dah out of me. I've got an exit plan where I'm surrounded by my burning Yankees, dog in the bed with me and a nice full hip flask :mysmilie_8:

CC

Sounds heavenly :mysmilie_59:

i just put the jar lid on any lit candle or votive. it does not affect the candle scent imo

Do you mean that's how you extinguish it, boffy? I tend to put the lid back on quite quickly after extinguishing and agree the candle scent going forward is not affected by this.

CC

I'll come round and keep you company!

Do you mean that's how you extinguish it, boffy? I tend to put the lid back on quite quickly after extinguishing and agree the candle scent going forward is not affected by this.

i don't even blow it out. i just put the lid on even with votives

Yankee Candle Electric Melt Warmer with 18 Melts
Item Number: 706191
QVC Price £42.00
Todays Special Value Price £29.98
P&P £5.95

A gorgeous set featuring an etched, metallic-finish electric melt warmer only available at QVC UK, plus a collection of 18 wax melts in true-to-life fragrances, including Island Water, Coconut Beach, Honey Lavender Gelato and Serengeti Sunset. Give your home d‚cor a glamorous touch and mix and match scents to create your own personal aroma blends with this lovely Yankee Candle collection.

Mix it up - this collection contains a selection of favourite fragrances that you can enjoy as they are, or create a bespoke experience by crumbling two halves of different melts and burning them together.

Total burn time: up to 144 hours (up to eight hours per melt)
Melt warmer (l x w): 31.8cm x 21.9cm (80.8" x 55.6")

Contains:

1 x etched electric melt warmer - in a choice of Gold or Rose Gold-tone finish
2 x Mediterranean Breeze classic wax melts (22g) - Only available at QVC in the UK. A seaside mix of soft citrus blossoms and amber
2 x Tuscan Vineyard classic wax melts (22g) - Only available at QVC in the UK. A lush vista of woody vines thick with dark grapes and paired with vintage whispers of cedar and vanilla
2 x Honey Lavender Gelato classic wax melts (22g) - Only available at QVC in the UK. A refreshing lavender treat that's bursting with flavour and topped with cool berries and warm honey
2 x Cafe Al Fresco classic wax melts (22g) - Only available at QVC in the UK. The warm air of a bustling outdoor café kissed with sweet notes of cinnamon, coffee and a dash of caramel
2 x Hibiscus Water classic wax melts (22g) - Only available at QVC in the UK. A rich, tropical mix of cool lagoon water and fully open hibiscus
2 x Island Waterfall classic wax melts (22g) - Only available at QVC in the UK. A cooling mist of tropical waters, tinged with freesia and waterlily
2 x Serengeti Sunset classic wax melts (22g) - this enticing blend of fruit, citrus, lotus flower and amber celebrates the haunting beauty of the African sky
2 x Flowers in the Sun classic wax melts (22g) - a remarkable bright scent of sweet blossoms
2 x Coconut Beach wax melts (22g) - a taste of the tropics - warm coconut blended with pineapple and Tahitian vanilla

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.706191

From a distance saw a shelf full of these returned at the outlet.

When I checked I was too, though don't know how many they sold but more so how many poor reviews got rejected.

Recently I've noticed quite a few large jars returned that have been burnt just a very small amount, people mustn't be happy with the fragrance or lack of it.

people should send back what they don't like even if you lose a bit of postage. yankee will swop candles if you don't like the one you bought even in the shops. easier to send back if your really fussy

Electric warmer with the melts set on this hour, lots of this set still left on offer at the Outlet £19.99

Latest posts

Back