Yankee Candles TSV 09/09/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Votives are a no no for me. Don't smell when you light them unless you smash them up and put them in a tart burner. Maybe it's my nose but they did used to be full of scent when I first started buying them back in the day. I'm certain they've changed the formula.

CC

So this one (the votives) in Sept, then one more in Nov/Dec (the Scenterpiece one)?

As far as i know yes but YC's have had a lot of TSV's this year so Q may squeeze another "Advent" style one in before Xmas.

I don't get it either - after the excellent (in my opinion) TSV with the stripey storage basket and lovely variety of votives, and auto-delivery with 2 further drops still to come...... what are they thinking of?
This just looks cheap..... I love Yankee Candles, but I'm disappointed..... maybe I'll pop into Lidl and buy a couple of the pretty candle holders, then into HomeSense for some candles for my fix tomorrow.

I think they need to rein in the Yankee Candles TSVs.

I think they need something nice and Christmassy to decorate the home around November - with some festive fragrance.

I'd say 3 TSVs per year would be enough. One with a tart warmer, one with votives, and one with the jar candles. If one or two of these were ADs that would be sorted.

It's not as if they don't have a plethora of one time onlys, and umpteen other excuses for reduced prices.

Who said votives are boring!

View attachment 10918

View attachment 10919

View attachment 10920

Hope they are not showing sideways!
Extra large votive holders a bit like a hurricane (but not big enough to hold a large jar but would hold a small jar or a votive in a glass holder).

All 3 purchased from Lidl today £3.99 each

Should say 2 of these in my living room has a throw as good as a large jar. Well done Lidl these look beautiful and proof that votives are the way to go!

Lidl also selling candles, tea lights and extra- large tea lights that would fit into the bottom of these beauties.

I was in the one DHS fairly near me today which has a Lidl and got the one type they had in stock. Like the green one but in shades of orange. Very good for the price!!!! Thanks for the tip. Next time I get over there I shall look again.

Yep there is indeed a Scenterpiece TSV before Christmas. But we're not sure of the date as there may be more than one TSV inbetween now and the big jolly guys arrival :mysmilie_8::mysmilie_8: it is a QVC exclusive tho, which always sets alarm bells ringing with me as sometimes the quality is not the same, but fingers crossed it will be a goodie. I will be giving this TSV a miss purely as I don't do votives, but I'm looking forward to the upcoming Scenterpiece one.

I think I have decided to give this one a miss because I want the auto delivery for the hamper TSV in November and I can't afford both this and that a month apart.

I originally wasn't interested in the Scenterpiece product, but I've been thinking about it and I think I might purchase the TSV afterall depending on price and the look of it, as I have a spot in my living room that I don't want a candle, but this might work.

if you remember the ollie the owl electric tart warmer some of them blew up so just a warning if you want a scenterpiece thats Q exclusive

precisely what I was meaning in what I said in my post. Exclusives often are lesser quality, so fingers crossed. A lot of companies are offering the current Scenterpieces with a free melt cup of ones choice, saving you a fiver!

I'm wondering what is the difference between the composition of the wax melts compared to the melt cups. Do they have different melting points?

Or have they just decided it's a moneyspinner to have different types of wax melting items, and therefore can repackage the same wax melts differently?

I thought they cost so much more because they are supposed to last far longer than a standard melt so 24 vs 8 hours. I cannot be doing with this though. Too expensive to start buying scentrepieces. And I use my tarts for at least 30hours!!

cant see the lure of scenterpieces withe thepotted wax costing £5 a pop

Hi, I purchased my one as they were offering a free melt cup of my choice. This effectively reduced the price by £5, I did not think the actual melt cup was anything special tobe honest, as the scent only lasted for 2/3 day using it several hours a day. So no, I wouldn't spend £5 readily on replacements as I think they are way over priced. If in an offer or bundle then yes, but not individually. But once it was finished with I simply removed the cold wax and re-used the container. I have used several different brands and forms of wax and all of them have melted really well. You seem to get a stronger smoother scent with the unit and its cleaner to use and the wax comes away from the cup dead easy.

Yankee Candle Set of 2 12 Piece Sampler World Journeys Gift Boxes
Item Number: 704800
QVC Price £36.50
Today's Special Value Price £29.98
P&P £5.95

This 24-piece collection from Yankee Candle features two exotic-themed assortments of votives; one taking you on a journey through the rich and varied scents of Africa, including perfumes of Madagascan Orchid and Egyptian Musk; the other an aromatic trio of far-flung fragrances such as Moroccan Argan Oil and Frankincense. Beautifully presented in mini suitcases to carry on the theme of world travel, with these ambient candles you can explore scents from across the globe, all from the comfort of your own home.

Perfect presentation - this collection will make a lovely present thanks to the imaginative packaging; you can even choose to keep one suitcase set for yourself and pass the other on to a lucky friend.

Votives burn for up to 15 hours
Each candle contains up to 9% fragrance oils
100% cotton wicks for clean burning

Contains:
Out of Africa gift box:

3 x Serengeti Sunset (49g) - an enticing blend of fruit, citrus, lotus flower and amber
3 x Kilimanjaro Stars (49g) - crisp, clear mountain air is laced with cool mint and earthy patchouli
3 x Madagascan Orchid (49g) - an exotic perfume of this rare orchid
3 x Egyptian Musk (49g) - captivating musk with hints of vanilla bean and cedarwood

Grand Bazaar gift box:

4 x Moroccan Argan Oil (49g) - the exotic scent of argan oil with hints of patchouli and sandalwood
4 x Frankincense (49g) - combines delicate sweetness, peppery spiciness and balsamic wood undertones
4 x Oud Oasis (49g) - a rich and distinctive fragrance of incense, perfect for creating a luxurious and calming atmosphere

Behind the brand
In 1969, Mike Kittredge melted down some crayons to create a candle as he couldn't afford a gift for his mum. Since then, Yankee Candle has been offering distinctive products, affordable luxuries and unique gifts, earning a reputation for superior, long-lasting fragrance and high quality candles.

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.704800

Who said votives are boring!

View attachment 10918

View attachment 10919

View attachment 10920

Hope they are not showing sideways!
Extra large votive holders a bit like a hurricane (but not big enough to hold a large jar but would hold a small jar or a votive in a glass holder).

All 3 purchased from Lidl today £3.99 each

Should say 2 of these in my living room has a throw as good as a large jar. Well done Lidl these look beautiful and proof that votives are the way to go!

Lidl also selling candles, tea lights and extra- large tea lights that would fit into the bottom of these beauties.

Lovely photos, they look so pretty and atmospheric...
I too love my votives. Especially always have one or two burning when I have a bath etc...

But I'm just wondering how they can burn in anything that isn't a snug fit.
I have only ever burned votives in plain glass yankee holders which into which the votive *just* fits so that turns it into a mini jar in effect. I suppose I could place the whole thing inside one of this style of larger holder which I've done with some gilded leaf pattern hurricane 'tubes' I bought from a Yankee clearance.

Do you just place the votive directly into your large holder and if so does if not just turn into a pool of wax?!

Now I think about it, I do burn pillar candles 'free' just on a plate or stand and they melt well and don't turn into a pile of wax so maybe yankee have been lying to us all along and samplers don't need holders after all?!

Incidentally I bought a pillar candle I liked the colour of from wilko (great dark teal and nice scent). I began burning it in the bath the other day and I was gutted to discover that the colour was simply on the outside and the wax inside was both white and unscented :(

(Excuse the candle waffle!)

Votives really do burn down to a shapeless mess. They are shaped with a slightly domed lipped top and then taper to the base (think skinny muffin shaped), unlike pillar candles which are slightly domed, no lip, and same circumference top to bottom. Most candles which are designed to be burned without a container around them are either straight or tapered with a wider base than top.

Burning a votive in anything other than a tightly fitting container will be detrimental to the claimed burntime.

For this reason it has always baffled me when QVC send out votive sets with containers which are not tight-fitting.

Latest posts

Back