Yankee Candles - TSV - 24/10/08

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lol please tell me I am not alone in buying this!?!

I do have good taste, I promise!! I thought this would be fun for children, I doubt the music will be on...those things usually bug me after a while.

I know it is Christmas shopping weekend but I wish the TCALLER like just now would not wish a merry christmas, it is too soon for that!!!!

My children would have adored this when they were small. Now they are grown up YC would need to do beer-flavoured candles in pint glasses for them to get excited.

I wholeheartedly agree about the merry Christmas wishes, it's far too early for that.

I do have good taste, I promise!! I thought this would be fun for children, I doubt the music will be on...those things usually bug me after a while.

I know it is Christmas shopping weekend but I wish the TCALLER like just now would not wish a merry christmas, it is too soon for that!!!!

My little daughter will love it - yes I think it is tacky but I'm buying it too - also the music will be off most of the time. :)

Only gripe, once again is the P&P charge on top.

I bought it too, I thought it would be just the thing for the christmas village scene I am going to have on my table. I liked the votives included in the new fragrances I haven't tried them yet and the medium jar I'll give to my daughter she just loves that fragrance.
So I am well pleased and on easy pay too!

piper

My children would have adored this when they were small. Now they are grown up YC would need to do beer-flavoured candles in pint glasses for them to get excited.

I wholeheartedly agree about the merry Christmas wishes, it's far too early for that.

Mine would have loved them, and the snow men little burners with the holes in their head....so I'm buying them for the next generation of the family....grandchildren. Then they get the memories of the own to blend in with all the others. Actually DS and DIL are Yankee fans, so they will love them too. Don't think I can afford to run to two TSV...so I'm keeping this one just for myself.

Meanwhile my sister and I are trying to mug our parents of the christmas tree decorations that have gone up on the Christmas Trellis for over 50yrs. And we still go looking for them all!

Their is something about the comfort of stability with old favourites coming out at a time when loads of new stuff (often too much) appears. And after the frantic day we are left with the images of calmness, twinkling lights and shimmering decorations.

Love it all

I am almost speechless at the naffness of that!! Sorry to those who like it....but I wouldn't give it houseroom.

Blimey.

Just the thing to light while wearing a nice xmas decorated Quacker Factory jumper.:11:

I ordered, it will look great on the Dining room table on Christmas Day ( after my shift in work I hasten to add, so I will need something to cheer me up):laugh::laugh::laugh:

I thought when I woke up this morning... (I know, it's awful to be thinking about the forum at that time, but the postman got me out of bed with knives, as it were... see separate thread.)

Where was I? Oh yes, I was thinking what a sour and superior response to the TSV I posted earlier.

Of course, kids will love it, and if I had small children in the house I would seriously consider going for it. And I'd have the music on full blast as well. Actually, it evoked memories of long ago and the Guinness Clock -- anyone remember that?

Irishbliss, I bet you have much better taste than mine!

I've gone for it too wasn't sure about the tart burner at first but I like it now and think it will look great for christmas and can't wait to try the new fragrances bring on christmas i love it

I can't decide if I love this or loathe it (the former I think), but having just added to my colection with the snowman electric tart warmer and the harvest burner from Yankee Doodle, I think I would be lynched if another Christmas or candle related item appeared in our house atm :27:

TSV showing at midnight annoyed me because

1 they said that you couldnt buy a musical one anywhere else, and i was offered the same one about 3 weeks ago in my local Perfect Scents store in Southampton which is mentoned in my earlier posting because i told the guy no because the tune would drive me nuts

2 they were burning their candles in their wrappings still - they had the christmas cookie tart in the hangy bit with a lit tea light underneath and then promptly told you to always unwrap them when you use them, could they not see their own ones weren't - health and safety surely - votives lit in shrink wrap too

3 they said to always use unscented tea lights - why when they stock boxes of tea lights in all the flavours they do - i have silver bells here at home in the tart burner and i love it and always burn a silver bells tea light at the same time because it strengthens the fragrance

Latest posts

Back