You think QVC's pricing is weird...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

R

RedT

Guest Shopper
I've been off sick lately so was vegged out in front of TVSN here in Oz. It really can be the oddest channel sometimes! Firstly, everything is priced at $19.50, $29.50, $39.50 etc. You rarely see anything in between these prices. S&H for everything is $9.90 no matter how small although they do have free shipping days occasionally. The really weird thing is that the prices change when that particular brand is on air. So when say YBF is on, a kit will be $49.50 but once Stacey's visit is over, it'll go back up to it's 'usual' price which is usually something ridiculous like $150!! I bought a Pur Minerals kit for $49.50, at the moment it's on the website for nearly $300! I know this is so they can say it's massively reduced for a limited time etc and drum up panic buying but at the same time they bang on about how you can shop online any time but why the heck would you when the prices are insane unless that brand happens to be visiting!! It means that if i go looking for something I'll either have to wait for months and hope it's reduced when the brand visits (and not every item is reduced even then) or what I usually do, eBay!

One interesting thing they do is a 'purchase with purchase' offer. So with certain items you can choose to buy another item from the same range (specified by them, you don't get to pick) for a lower price. That can actually work out pretty well as the products are often complimentary.

One funny thing, I was watching a Mirenesse show recently, the owner/developer (taken with an enormous pinch of salt as she can barely string a sentence together) was talking about 'those other products that promise this that and the other'. She then referred to Hope in a Jar and said 'have you ever heard such a STUPID name for a product? Give me a break'. Cue quick cut to commercial where I imagine it was pointed out that Philosophy is also stocked on TSVN!!

Always good to hear from you Red...they haven't twigged that they'd shift items between shows if they were at lower prices on their website then? I wonder whether anyone ever buys a YBF set at $150?? - I'm no marketing expert but this seems crazy to warehouse stock that will only sell for one day a month!

It's nice to see the Pur Minerals on sale in M&S here now, I tried it when it was briefly on Ideal World. I'm surprised they haven't showcased on QVC just to get their products known, even just for a short while.

Latest posts

Back