Julia Roberts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
I've got QVC on in the background while working online and, when I looked up, I was amazed at the size of JR. She's always had a bit of weight about her, but she seems to have piled it on since her last on air appearance. If I didn't know better, I'd think she was pregnant. I don't think that dress is very complementary to her figure either.
There is absolutely no way she can even try and convince us she's a size 10-12 now. Though she probably will.

I've got QVC on in the background while working online and, when I looked up, I was amazed at the size of JR. She's always had a bit of weight about her, but she seems to have piled it on since her last on air appearance. If I didn't know better, I'd think she was pregnant. I don't think that dress is very complementary to her figure either.
There is absolutely no way she can even try and convince us she's a size 10-12 now. Though she probably will.

Clearly she's been taking 'fashion advice' from Glen Campbell.

I know I was shocked too by how big she looks, but think a lot of it is down to that hideously unflattering dress! :cheeky:

Could she not manage to even just flip the ties over each other instead of them dangling over the mountain range? Honestly from a distance she was like one of those people that are slightly confused by being somewhere new.

Just checked out Julia Roberts on the recorded videos and see exactly what you mean. There's no shame in being a size 14/16. It's apparently the national average, so why JR tries to convince herself she's a size small is bizarre when she's clearly not.

Of course the ensemble was completed with the flipflops, the black flipflops, again. It seems I'm picking on Julia but she has such a high opinion of herself and can be quite unkind to other women appearing on QVC and that's really what gets me.

I don't like her a whole lot but I'll give her a bit of credit - she did actually say, a couple of weks ago on a clothing show (I think), in relation to her size that "I am nearer a size 14 at the moment if I'm being truthfully honest", or something along those lines.

I admit the dress didn't do Julia any favours, but having said that... it didn't have me looking for the mute button or switching off. Julia hasn't got very good dress sense, but imho she is still QVC's best presenter.

A little cruel perhaps. Julia isn't my favourite presenter (though probably the most accomplished) but who knows what personal issues might lie behind piling on a little weight. I know I have over the past few months for those sorts of reasons.

I too heard her say something about being a size 14 a few weeks ago. Maybe she is that...maybe she is a 14-16, but who would blame her for erring on the smaller size - most of us would!

To be fair to her, I haven't heard her mentioning the whole "I'm a size small" thing for a good while now.

Give her a break!

I do actually like Julia, and think she is one of the best and most professional presenters on QVC.

I don't really care what size she is, and agree that she looks great for her age, much more so than the skinnier QVC presenters such as AK.

but that dress she was wearing last night was truly awful and made her look MUCH bigger than she is - time to sack the stylist (Glen???) I think! :cheeky:

She re-appeared later wearing a much more flattering dress and looked like she'd lost 2 stone instantly!!

I don't like her a whole lot but I'll give her a bit of credit - she did actually say, a couple of weks ago on a clothing show (I think), in relation to her size that "I am nearer a size 14 at the moment if I'm being truthfully honest", or something along those lines.

When she says nearer a 14 does she mean bigger than a 14 rather than smaller a 14?

When she wears things that fit and flatter she looks great but the other week when she was squeezed into a Kim and Co outfit that was way to small she looked like Michelin man.

telly can make you look 10lbs heavier you know!!! Yes I said 10lbs.
I needen't talk as I am 'living' @ the gym in yet another attempt to loose some weight BUT I am not on TV where appearance is important.Good luck Julia!!! what about Diet Chef? ( & I like Julia, am used to Queen Bees!)

Latest posts

Back