QVC nail products

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MinxyKitten

Registered Shopper
Does anyone know a product good for flaky and peeling nails? I have lots of Nail Envy, which seems to make my nails harder and grow quickly, but it doesn't stop them flaking and peeling. Is Leighton Denny Renovate any good for this?

I am also in the market for a really good top coat. I adore the Nails Inc Kensington one, and it seems to protect most of my polishes except for the Ciate. I was so impressed with this brand at first, but it doesn't last a day on me :-( Any tips for something to go over the top to protect?

While we're at it, what base do you recommend? I just tend to use Nail Envy. I used the LD base last week under my Ciate and it all peeled off, totally by itself!! Obviously not a good combination!

I use Red Manicure gel base and top coat and then apply nail varnish over the top. I sometimes leave the nails bare for a couple of days a d rub in LD renovate. My nails used to be brittle and sometimes flaky! The other day someone asked me they were my own nails. I now have to file them when I remove the gel every 2 weeks.
Someone mentioned a new treatment in another thread that they were having at the nail technician the other day and saying how successful it had been.
The only other change I have made is to take a 200mg ferrous iron supplement every day as a blood test indicated low iron levels.

Years back QVC sold a brand called Trind, they did a nail balsam which helped my dehydrated nails. I now buy it on auto delivery from Amazon. It really made my nails strong and so hard I could climb a brick wall with them.:mysmilie_59: My nails grow very quickly as well. Nail Envy worked for me for a while then suddenly my nails started to break. I was told its because Nail Envy is just a nail hardener which will dry out your nails and cause them to break over time.

I only paint my toe nails, but love Essie.

I've used renovate and it does seem to work on me when I have a problem nail. I swear by original nail envy (tried the peeling one and it didn't help my nails at all ) but have heard that nails Inc nail kale is supposed to be very good & I may try it when my current stash of envy had gone. I also have been using avoplex oil since I got it with my TSV abd AD and my nails are better than ever at the mo. For a top coat I use Seche Vite from Q as I find the nails Inc one seem to make my nails peel. Finally I cannot recommend highly enough the Leighton Denny crystal nail file -he says it deals the nail edge and I agree. I am a bit obsessed with nails sorry ......ooh and don't forget to use a good quality remover -I use opi or Leighton...... Have fun

I've used renovate and it does seem to work on me when I have a problem nail. I swear by original nail envy (tried the peeling one and it didn't help my nails at all ) but have heard that nails Inc nail kale is supposed to be very good & I may try it when my current stash of envy had gone. I also have been using avoplex oil since I got it with my TSV and AD and my nails are better than ever at the mo. For a top coat I use Seche Vite from Q as I find the nails Inc one seem to make my nails peel. Finally I cannot recommend highly enough the Leighton Denny crystal nail file -he says it deals the nail edge and I agree. I am a bit obsessed with nails sorry ......ooh and don't forget to use a good quality remover -I use opi or Leighton...... Have fun

I'd have to second that about leighton's crystal nail file, made such a difference to my nails since using that, no splitting, snagging or tearing. It really seals the edges.

Does anyone know a product good for flaky and peeling nails? I have lots of Nail Envy, which seems to make my nails harder and grow quickly, but it doesn't stop them flaking and peeling. Is Leighton Denny Renovate any good for this?

I am also in the market for a really good top coat. I adore the Nails Inc Kensington one, and it seems to protect most of my polishes except for the Ciate. I was so impressed with this brand at first, but it doesn't last a day on me :-( Any tips for something to go over the top to protect?

While we're at it, what base do you recommend? I just tend to use Nail Envy. I used the LD base last week under my Ciate and it all peeled off, totally by itself!! Obviously not a good combination!

Not too surprised by this given LD polishes peel right off my nails!!!

I'd also recommend seche vite top coat.

I had a period of terrible nails earlier this year after years of always having good nails. I tried perfect formula and they just got worse. Can't remember what else I tried but they only started to improve and grown long again when I stopped wearing polish for a month or so. So now I give them a break every now and then especially if I have one break off. I have tried renovate but not properly yet. Probably just giving them a break from polish and using handcream is enough.

Last edited:
Thanks all for the fab advice! I am glad to hear that it's not just me that LD peels off on :mysmilie_51: I am gutted about the quality of Ciate too, used over Nail Envy and under Nails Inc Kensington top coat.

I have the LD nail files, I don't use anything else. I have tried RCM and it made my nails really bad, and I couldn't be doing with the faff of application/removal -although once on it was fab. I have and use Avoplex, and the cuticle exfoliator - they both help my cuticles but not my nails as such. I have the OPI and LD acetone free nail polish removers. I can't see where I am going wrong!! :mysmilie_10: It must just be my genes!!

I haven't tried Seche Vite, so maybe I will order this and Renovate I think. I have had blood tests recently and my iron count is ok, so I can rule that out! Maybe I just need to take vitamins that are good for nails...but in the meantime I will try some new products. I love doing my nails, but it's so disheartening when they peel and flake :sad:

I'd also recommend seche vite top coat.

I had a period of terrible nails earlier this year after years of always having good nails. I tried perfect formula and they just got worse. Can't remember what else I tried but they only started to improve and grown long again when I stopped wearing polish for a month or so. So now I give them a break every now and then especially if I have one break. I have tried renovate but not properly yet. Probably just giving them a break from polish and handcream is enough.

Do you put anything on them at all in your breaks?!

Meant to say, I haven't heard of Essie but I will look them up :mysmilie_59:

I use Nails Inc. base coat - Leighton Denny polish - cocktail colour - Nails Inc. topcoat....................simples. Lasts at least 2 weeks. I'm a card maker, a gardener, knitter and sewer and housewife x

Do you put anything on them at all in your breaks?!

Meant to say, I haven't heard of Essie but I will look them up :mysmilie_59:

Originally I tried using the perfect formula oil but eventually just left them naked and tried to remember handcream. I was using Gatineau hand serum at night for a while and did suspect that that was helping.

I think a good handcream is your best bet. You must have a least dozen different ones to choose from if your stash is anything like mine.

If you have a Gatineau hand serum stashed away somewhere definitely try that. Who knows though the Gatineau may have worked because it was used at night so maybe just try using what you've got last thing at night.

I have had problems with my nails in the past but they grow really quickly and even with problems they are very long. People often assume they're not real.

I take a skin, hair and nails supplant as well as using nail envy. If I stop taking the vitamins my nails deteriorate quite quickly.

I have used a crystal file for years. The one I use is Panome a strange little brand I bought in SpaceNK many years back, then found them in TKMaxx earlier in the year and bought another for £4.99.

I have had problems with my nails in the past but they grow really quickly and even with problems they are very long. People often assume they're not real.

I take a skin, hair and nails supplant as well as using nail envy. If I stop taking the vitamins my nails deteriorate quite quickly.

I think I may look one of these up too. I also ordered a Seche Vite base and top coat off ebay for £10, and will try Renovate. I may lay off the polish this week and just use the Avoplex and hand cream - oh which to choose from my stash?! I feel unfinished without polish on. Will have to wear some rings to compensate!

Giving your nails an old fashioned buffing session, not too roughly so it burns, can improve nails with a nice sheen when going au naturel. I love Dr. Organic Rose Otto hand and nail cream from Superdrug about £7.

I think I may look one of these up too. I also ordered a Seche Vite base and top coat off ebay for £10, and will try Renovate. I may lay off the polish this week and just use the Avoplex and hand cream - oh which to choose from my stash?! I feel unfinished without polish on. Will have to wear some rings to compensate!

I have been using the nail kale base coat for 6 weeks or so and it has been made a big difference to the White spots . And my new most favourite product is the nail kale illuminator. That is really nice for a kind of pearised/French manicure effect. I love the new brush as well. It is so good that I actually don't want to use anything else now and , I must admit, to being a bit of a nail polish tart before! So I would get the illuminator and the base coat from nails inc and give it a try for a few weeks.

Tinkerbelle, can I ask what supplement you use? There are quite a few on the market and I really am not sure which to choose.

Tinkerbelle, can I ask what supplement you use? There are quite a few on the market and I really am not sure which to choose.

I use the Boots own brand. I need mine to compensate for the side effects of prescription drugs I take and its the one my GP suggested. Its always on offer. I've never tried any other. It takes a good month or two to see results

Latest posts

Back