Exclusive to QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

DunmowDizzy

Registered Shopper
What sales pitch is guaranteed to put you off buying?

For me it's 'Exclusive to QVC'.

Wouldn't want a distinctive clothing item, shoes or a handbag etc that was only available on QVC especially a TSV that had been flogged to death for 24 hours and sold by the thousands.

"All the celebrities are wearing them"
"This is really on trend this season"
"Great for school run/yummy mummies"

And generally anything that the presenter says they have if I don't admire their style ;-)

Agree with the first post, the dreaded made especially for QVC. Which equals inferior to the usual quality from the brand.

The non stop which celeb uses what ever product. You just know they have been sent it free from the company, so the company of course will promote it. Does not actually mean the celeb actually uses it.

If anything is amaazing I don't want it.

Buy this in all three coulours

Anything with the word celebrity in it doesn't get near me. Don't mind Q exclusives if it's something I want.
CC

If an item is about to be "discontinued"....so better hurry and buy it cos it won't be back.

Usually means won't be back in this size,bottle or combination. Then returns in a different combination usually cheaper.

Presenters that say 'I've got one of these'. Guaranteed not to buy.

Probably got it as a freebie,, heard CH rant on about a dress the other day and it sold out on air and was going on about it so much the guest presenter said she would need to get her one. I'm quite sure the presenters get a lot of freebies from companies.

When they love a thing soooo much they have to order it on air but funnily enough it didn't appeal in the pre show preparation. Why?

Because there is no bleeding pre show preparation for 90% of them or it is a load of porkie pies to sell something which isn't shifting. Either way - I'm out!

I hate it when the presenter implies something about a alternative product, brand or brings up a celeb without naming them... just seems more shifty than 'legal technicality' to me.

Annoys me with all shopping channels, not just QVC

Latest posts

Back