Feeling good with

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

EM don’t be daft! When did these people ever do anything that wasn’t either to line their own pockets either by getting money for the actual product or by doing something geared to make them the darlings of Joe Public thus making them more bankable.

A few celebs do things totally anonymously but not those who need it all to be me me me and to feed the SM machine.

Personally my periods stopped almost immediately so I didn’t have those problems although I started at 10/11 years of age and they were quite heavy most of the time, my last period was in 1997 but the hot flushes went on for many years.

Hot flushes were the worst not helped by working in a very hot office. When the flushes were coming I had a panic attack and needed to get out into fresh air. Mr L would disagree but I don’t think I had terrible mood swings although the hot flushes did get me down and I still get them occasionally even now 25 years later!
Same here Lati. Still get the occasional hot flushes. I started my period at about 13,I think and they just stopped when I was in my late 40's.

If there's a bandwagon trundling down the road Pipaaaaaaa is the sort who'll get on it & makes a dratted podcast while bouncing along. "Thank heavens I won't have to listen to any more stories about her womb" - my Mr T's comment from a couple of years ago when I was dropped by a so-called friend & we didn't get an invite to her Bank Holiday party. I really hope that in a couple of decades time Ms McCall & the like aren't glorifying their increasing incontinence & banishing the taboo.
Davina's incontinence knickers so feminine you won't believe they are incontinence knickers.🤣

It reminds me of years ago when Paul McKenna was flogging his dvd and book on how to get slim and how to stop smoking.

Then someone was on flogging a Zumba dvd when it first became the new fad - I remember (with regret) at Cabbage Patch in her gym gear doing the moves and almost collapsing after a couple of minutes.

I would feel soooooo good if the various zlebs who have aged into menopause would STFU about menopause. All any of us who have not studied properly and treated many patients are only qualified to talk about our own personal experiences.
No amount of asking experts will give us the authority to make general pronouncements on behalf of the rest of us.

No such thing as bad publicity for the slebs,hilarious that she thought this word up.
The book must be free as she states she will not be earning off this venture ££££$$$$
Whats Amanda Holden doing at the moment, must be time for another set of photos.
QVC hold your heads in shame for actually having these people on your channel.

No such thing as bad publicity for the slebs,hilarious that she thought this word up.
The book must be free as she states she will not be earning off this venture ££££$$$$
Whats Amanda Holden doing at the moment, must be time for another set of photos.
QVC hold your heads in shame for actually having these people on your channel.
On holiday in Greece.

On Women's Hour today they had a feature about being dumped by friends.

I have radio 4 on most of the day so I often listen to WH, but think that they should have a men's hour as well.
I only listen to R4, write and tell them strato, esp with male suicide numbers being so high and men leaving going to the doctor, addressing retirement adjustment and add some lighthearted features would be good. I would listen to it.

HI do agree that come celebrities are making money on the back of menopause - eg Meg Mathews, but I also think that they have shed light on a subject that when I was in my late 40s no one talked about - I had no idea what was happening to me. Now it's not something I hide or feel I can't discuss.

I hit a massive wall turning 50 and it impacted my career and family.

I read up on HRT and now been taking it for a while. It has so many benefits, but because of one study (which was later shown to have huge flaws) and the likes of the Daily Mail shaming women for taking it, I had to fight to get it from my doctor. Just like that idiot doctor who spouted nonsense about vaccinations back in the 90s, that one study has had a huge impact for women and their health. HRT has made a huge difference to the way I feel. It has also enabled me to get my career back on track.

Women for 1000s of years have not lived long post child bearing years. Now at least a third of our lives is spent post menopausal so I am going to do everything I can to make those years work for me.

Davina is not for me, but if she can get other women exercising and looking after themselves then I'm not going to knock her

Now I know over here in NI we are still in semi lockdown but will someone please tell me how all these UK zelebs (and politions) have managed to be seen on SM sunbathing hither and yon whilst the rest of us plebs can’t move beyond our local area.
Double vaccinated, negative tests on arrival & now no need to quarantine when getting back home. Carla Lazlo has just had two holidays, the second one was to Greece & she said it was really relaxed. We discussed going to Sicily but the combination of having to self isolate for 5 days & the rest of the faff made it feel like going on a forced march followed by a two weeks on an army assault course rather than a holiday.

I sailed through the menopause and barely broke sweat. Now my three daughters who are all in their mid to lates fifties are having full on sweats etc. I sympathise with anyone who has to go through this.

Double vaccinated, negative tests on arrival & now no need to quarantine when getting back home. Carla Lazlo has just had two holidays, the second one was to Greece & she said it was really relaxed. We discussed going to Sicily but the combination of having to self isolate for 5 days & the rest of the faff made it feel like going on a forced march followed by a two weeks on an army assault course rather than a holiday.
My Grandaughter has an appointment for her second jab this Friday and her husband has had both of his but after attending a wedding last week they both are now unwell and have tested positive for COVID. Take care people it is far from over.

HI do agree that come celebrities are making money on the back of menopause - eg Meg Mathews, but I also think that they have shed light on a subject that when I was in my late 40s no one talked about - I had no idea what was happening to me. Now it's not something I hide or feel I can't discuss.

I hit a massive wall turning 50 and it impacted my career and family.

I read up on HRT and now been taking it for a while. It has so many benefits, but because of one study (which was later shown to have huge flaws) and the likes of the Daily Mail shaming women for taking it, I had to fight to get it from my doctor. Just like that idiot doctor who spouted nonsense about vaccinations back in the 90s, that one study has had a huge impact for women and their health. HRT has made a huge difference to the way I feel. It has also enabled me to get my career back on track.

Women for 1000s of years have not lived long post child bearing years. Now at least a third of our lives is spent post menopausal so I am going to do everything I can to make those years work for me.

Davina is not for me, but if she can get other women exercising and looking after themselves then I'm not going to knock her

I'm sorry you reached a time in mid life when you hadn't realised what was happening to your body. I have to admit that the likes of periods. sex (which was always giggled about) and 'the change' were discussed with my mates when growing up. I cant ever remember a time when it was never mentioned, and so I don't recognise this business of it being a 'taboo' subject. For years - long before St Davina, magazines have written copious articles about our plumbing, and anyway didn't Andrea McClean beat her to it a couple of years ago with her own book on the menopause ?

I agree, how this lot get their tests, paperwork, more tests, possible quarantine, organised for 2 weeks on the beach is beyond me, and yes its all a bit of a mental agility test and I cant be arsed with all that. I suppose someone like Ambitious has a PA that sorts it all out for her.

As for her being out of the papers for a few hours, just wait, she won't be able to resist showing off the tan in suitable pouting poses which will be released by her PR 'people' to the press on her return.

I worked in an office with several other women around my age so the menopause was our main topic of conversation by the time we hit our mid 40’s.

I remember my Mum had terrible hot flushes, she even had to change their bedding in the night after particularly bad sweats (poor Dad !).

I just assumed I’d have the same but mine was finished by the time I hit 47, very few problems.

My sister had similar problems to Mum plus palpitations and “fuzzy brain” at times.

Latest posts

Back