Feeling good with

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I must be one of the luckier women because I breezed through mine without HRT or any natural “remedies,”

I'm sorry you reached a time in mid life when you hadn't realised what was happening to your body. I have to admit that the likes of periods. sex (which was always giggled about) and 'the change' were discussed with my mates when growing up. I cant ever remember a time when it was never mentioned, and so I don't recognise this business of it being a 'taboo' subject. For years - long before St Davina, magazines have written copious articles about our plumbing, and anyway didn't Andrea McClean beat her to it a couple of years ago with her own book on the menopause ?
Sorry but this comes across as a bit patronising. Of course I was aware of physically what was happening, but I didn't realise the effect it would have on the functioning of my brain and memory which is crucial for the type of job I have. It's not just about 'plumbing' but hormones and the withdrawal of chemicals that for many women impacts their mental health. I don't think we should put women down for speaking up about this, providing they are doing it for the right reasons. I am only aware of Davina McCall's connection with this topic because of the Channel 4 documentary she did on menopause - which is excellent BTW and I would recommend to any woman in her 40s, 50s and 60s to watch on catch up.

Oh Chr....st ! on Sky Business News, Davina 'gets where castor oil cant' McCall is now on, in the Trading Room of an Investment Firm, - dear lord now she's ranting on about giving birth, but 'she's healing. The reason of this is the anniversary of 9/11 where a lot of traders lost their lives in the twin towers. McCall is there for ??? because she's an "Ambassador" of some charity. She'll attend the opening of a sodding envelope to get on the telly.

I see The Donald is now saying he dug out, with his bare hands, bodies at the Twin Towers.

Some people have no shame the way the will use every heartbreak and disaster to their advantage or to make a buck (the same)

Latest posts

Back