Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

But! But! But! Hurry hurry hurry the £40 car boot sale* exercise bike is still in stock.............but only just!!!!!!

*Nothing wrong with car boot sales although this bike should really be for sale in a car boot sale for £10 tops!

The cheap tat that IW is trying to get rid of looks bottom of the barrel last chance saloon stuff to me and the pure unhidden sheer desperation of ALL the presenters and ALL the guests when trying to sell the tat surely cant go on for much longer.

More cheap shelving and more cheap bedding. Neither of these things ever seem to run out. I think they have more presenters than a range of different goods nowadays.
How very dare you Duke, this guy was like a kid in a sweet shop, waxing lyrical over his £9.99 fabric offerings!
4B95C7B3-770C-48FF-9CF3-AE39C48BDF2C.jpeg

These fashion shows on Ideal are weird, loads of mens fashion (sure they used to regularly say there isn't the market for it!) currently showing a trenchcoat from Regatta for £29.99 which seems a great price . TJC had a non-branded very similar coat this week for £49.99 and it sold very well

I am struggling to believe Ideal are making any/much money on these fashion shows

The veteran Peter Simon does a classic to camera

"Kev and I are nothing without you, in fact without you dear viewer we have nothing"

sure Kevs wife and family are delighted at this news

And the final 2 Trasers sell out so maybe it worked!

It's ok the shyster will find more in the back of his wardrobe for the next show he does. ;)

Probably pinch from his Son's stock as he still has the Trasers T100 in stock and selling them.

Kevski must have done that search of the wardrobe, Trasers back in stock for tonight's show.

Something clearly isn’t right. The reliance on two or three cheap low margin type items, and it seems they cannot shift those either the amount of times they re-present them. Tech is nowhere to be seen these days or electrical items in general other than hair fryers. You wonder if they are struggling for supplier relationships now and if so, why?

If they are struggling how come the watch companys still deal with them

That's a very good question, not because IW may or may not be struggling, but for the fact IW are bunch of shysters.
Probably cause they know they've got a captive unknowledgeable audience that their representatives and IW shysters can con with misleading info and lies.
Why ANY reputable watch company or any company for that matter, would want to be involved with this lot is beyond me. Obviously sales/money comes before morals.

Sally Jacks is selling boots £240.00 down to £29.99, you do wonder if the channel is on its last legs

Sally ordered stuff while on air thought that was a no no

The "no no" and "i'm buying it" are just sales tactics, if the presenter wants/are buying the item then it sends a message to the viewers/brain dead I must get one too.
It's hard to fathom out but for some reason, in the human pyche, when humans see other humans (especially celebrity types) interested in something then they must follow suit, it's a sheep/follower mentality which many humans suffer from unfortunately.

Sally that just bought some high heeled footwear, is that the same Sally that during cushion walk shows declares that she doesn't wear/buy heels anymore as they're not good for you, she just likes comfy flat sole shoes like the cushion walks now? They think nobody remembers what they've said on other shows. ;)

I will admit I dont know the difference from Casio to Vostok Europe

Casio are very popular watchmaker, from the cheap as chips FW91 to G shocks costing a few thousand. They make millions of watches a year (38 million in 2022), available everywhere. They roughly sell £1 billion worth of watches a year.

VE is a small watch brand, cater for folks that like BIG chunky watches, who design and assemble their watches, but don't actually make the watch parts, they'll get third parties to make/supply the different parts, like Seiko/Citizen for the movements etc, probably assemble a few thousand a year, only available through a few distributors. Just under £5 million in sales a year.

Of course compare that with the Swatch group whose brands (Breguet, Omega, Glashutte, Blancpain Longines, Rado, Tissot, Hamilton, Mido etc) rake in just under £8 billion a year.

Latest posts

Back