Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Go on KEVSKI

Is chief collector Dave? loydon still about?
Dave's probably buried under a huge pile of Vostok boxes and they've had to bring in the fire brigade to fish him out.

Seriously, most of the 'collectors' are probably burnt out by now or at least being more choosy with their purchases. Anyway, Kevski said tonight that this deal's for YOU. Not Kevski or Tragic Mike, it's for YOU.

Dave's probably buried under a huge pile of Vostok boxes and they've had to bring in the fire brigade to fish him out.

Seriously, most of the 'collectors' are probably burnt out by now or at least being more choosy with their purchases. Anyway, Kevski said tonight that this deal's for YOU. Not Kevski or Tragic Mike, it's for YOU.
Sincere as ever Kevski

What have we got today? We begin with Kwai Chang Caine and Irish Top Gear (a cabriolet lawnmower) man with the dreaded dehumidifier. I can honestly say this is a piece of equipment I have never ever remotely had a desire to own. Probably one of the most boring uninspiring things I have ever seen. Could anybody be desperate to actually buy one of these contraptions?

To follow, perhaps some more of that Mick Bubble cheap scent that we could heat up in the inevitable air fryer and pour on Lurch's cream egg calzone with a large glass of Spray & Expire to follow. I wonder if they do know whether this is the end or not in terms of presenters and behind the scenes staff? Or indeed if it is, perhaps not the end, but the beginning of an old end and the new beginning of a new end subsequent to a previous end of a new beginning?

Lets see how many of the "only one left" or " these won't last for the next show" will have mysteriously bounced back and be available for one last time 🤔😁

Looks like they're all there for Sunday night, Kevskis is back for a couple of shows and seems near enough same line up.

This endless "last chance", "last few in the world" or "last of the stock in the world" tactic has been used so much for the same watches that it's laughable now, it should be consigned to the dustbin with a lot of the other bullshit he spouts.

What's funny as well is when he goes on about The VEareONE watch and he goes on about how 210,000 VE facebook fans took part in deciding the watch features. Considering only 498 watches were ever ordered and made, and considering they are still available in quite a few online retailers around Europe etc, you have to wonder why those 210,000 fans didn't want the watch they helped in picking the features for? Just how many of the 498 have they actually sold?

You wonder with so many creditors unpaid apparently from the last version how the new one is doing for finding potential fresh ones to sell products for? I wonder how the arrangement with Reynolds works? Does payment for his watches sold go straight to his company with no retention by Ideal World? If so, maybe that’s why he is happy to remain with them long term? I didn’t see his name on the unpaid creditor lists? With some others, did sales payments go to the old IW and were supposed to be paid or then not paid at some later time? It is an intriguing area of thought to know how all of this actually works in terms of these sorts of protocols..

You wonder with so many creditors unpaid apparently from the last version how the new one is doing for finding potential fresh ones to sell products for? I wonder how the arrangement with Reynolds works? Does payment for his watches sold go straight to his company with no retention by Ideal World? If so, maybe that’s why he is happy to remain with them long term? I didn’t see his name on the unpaid creditor lists? With some others, did sales payments go to the old IW and were supposed to be paid or then not paid at some later time? It is an intriguing area of thought to know how all of this actually works in terms of these sorts of protocols..

His company is The Watchbase UK Ltd, they are on page 18 of 23 four from the bottom, £83,766 due. IW take the money, but don't actually stock or dispatch his watches, he does that from his office/basement warehouse. Although he may have lost money, don't think he any other option but to deal with IW, he has no other retail outlets only IW, probably too long in the tooth to start looking elsewhere to sell and his son will probably take over when he hangs up his spurs.

This is Kev's business,

And Kev's son recently started up his own watch retail business (same brands & watches) at the same address, but unlike his father, he operates a retail web site and has a store on Ebay.

Seeing as Dormeo was stung for one and a half million pounds, i wonder if that's why we haven't seen them or Fabbro in the last year, they were never off the screen before the demise of the old IW.

Just read through some of the Ideal World application document

As of Feb 2022, 140k was owed to presenters?! That must mean the majority had been working on reduced or very limited pay for a very long period

(Page15/70)

2.99 million owed by flexi pay customers 27/70

What a mess, sorry appreciate this isn't new but I haven't delved in before

Just read through some of the Ideal World application document

As of Feb 2022, 140k was owed to presenters?! That must mean the majority had been working on reduced or very limited pay for a very long period

(Page15/70)
Interesting.

I also wonder whether My Name is Den aged 136 and Ryan are paid employees having been there since 2000? It would be very interesting to know exactly how the payment rates work for the freelance presenters. Are they paid by the show? Are they paid as a combination of time on the channel and some sort of bonus for being involved in a successful show for sales? Or essentially, are they working at times for a pittance or nothing at all, in the hope some payment comes eventually down the line?

Despite any of the above, no wonder most of them hang around to any bitter end of any channel. Wasn’t that broadly the situation at Bid-Up? Still presenting goods to customers just before the company went under? Maybe they see themselves in a similar light to footballers who stay with a club until the club is relegated and then walk away and find another club? I.E. - it’s not their problem. I would though, like to think, there should be an element of morality for all shopping television presenters in general, with them not happy to be selling goods indirectly when a company they are working for is in potential serious trouble, and they are aware of that fact - which of course, I’m not saying Ideal World is. Just a general point about shopping television.

Comparing heated dryers overly favourably with tumble ones again. Making a basic comparison for a heated dryer per hour cost that is significantly less for electricity than its tumble dryer equivalent. What isn’t fully explained or remotely qualified is that you can purchase certain tumble dryers that are far more efficient than the majority and actually complete their task at a fraction of the electricity price Ideal World quote. No mention either in any depth or even at all is made that clothes on a heated dryer can take ten times as long to dry. In turn just comparing to an hour or so in a tumble dryer and an hour on a heated dryer. I speak from direct experience having both, And even with a cover over the dryer, it can still take significantly longer to dry clothes than the tumble dryer way.

Comparing heated dryers overly favourably with tumble ones again. Making a basic comparison for a heated dryer per hour cost that is significantly less for electricity than its tumble dryer equivalent. What isn’t fully explained or remotely qualified is that you can purchase certain tumble dryers that are far more efficient than the majority and actually complete their task at a fraction of the electricity price Ideal World quote. No mention either in any depth or even at all is made that clothes on a heated dryer can take ten times as long to dry. In turn just comparing to an hour or so in a tumble dryer and an hour on a heated dryer. I speak from direct experience having both, And even with a cover over the dryer, it can still take significantly longer to dry clothes than the tumble dryer way.

I don't use a tumble drier or heated drier, just use back garden in fine weather and plain folding drier in loft during winter or when raining, so could be wrong here.

But going by "the queen of clean" figures that tumble drier must be rated at 6.25KW. :eek:

Yet according to Hoover that machine on the show is A rated and has an average annual energy consumption of 259Kwh, yeah just an average but it gives you a guide.

So if using for just 1 hour, once a week, according to queen of clean the hoover machine on the show would be consuming 325 kwh a year, or 4 hours once a week, would be 1300 Kwh a year, that's 5 times more than the manufacturers specs.

BTW, like you say, some reviews for these heated dryers are stating they take many hours to dry clothes, some saying still damp next day.

Sheer unadulterated Rock & Roll now. When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave and Failed the audition for Joe 90 selling the Housewife pillowcase pair and what a pair of housewives they are…Two male personages selling boring cheap bedding. What a way to make a living.. Somebody hold me back from that tellingbone… Next - the new competition - First Prize: A dinner and dance night out with Mick Mason. Second Prize: Two nights…

Wonderful, Wonderful Copenhagen

Certainly doesn't describe this show.

Becque tells us you can cover any chair NOT JUST LEATHER with these throws, thanks I would never have worked that out myself

The same point applies even if they are selling high hundreds of these per show (bedding and throws) they can't be making anything more than a very nominal profit.

Interesting.

I also wonder whether My Name is Den aged 136 and Ryan are paid employees having been there since 2000? It would be very interesting to know exactly how the payment rates work for the freelance presenters. Are they paid by the show? Are they paid as a combination of time on the channel and some sort of bonus for being involved in a successful show for sales? Or essentially, are they working at times for a pittance or nothing at all, in the hope some payment comes eventually down the line?

Despite any of the above, no wonder most of them hang around to any bitter end of any channel. Wasn’t that broadly the situation at Bid-Up? Still presenting goods to customers just before the company went under? Maybe they see themselves in a similar light to footballers who stay with a club until the club is relegated and then walk away and find another club? I.E. - it’s not their problem. I would though, like to think, there should be an element of morality for all shopping television presenters in general, with them not happy to be selling goods indirectly when a company they are working for is in potential serious trouble, and they are aware of that fact - which of course, I’m not saying Ideal World is. Just a general point about shopping television.

Something dim and distant in my mind tells me that the presenters are not paid a "bonus" as such but the prime time slots (a bit of a stretch but still) receive higher rates than working in the day for example. Not sure about the legalities of that now I am typing it out sounds ripe for a legal challenge so maybe they word it differently.

Recently heard a TJC presenter say they were no longer doing many night shifts (as in 6-10 pm) as they wanted more time in the evenings and insinuated the money was better for that slot.

They quite regularly refer to being in the negative "for the hour" on TJC and also when they are having the best hour of the day/shift.

Latest posts

Back