Steve & Sarah back at Gemporia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well, bugger me.... Bridget from Norfolk, I salute you - whoever you are. Apparently Steve has sunk loads of money into the company and the refund process will be speeded up as it was way behind before. As Steve has said the improvement is due to him sinking money in the company it seems we were right and they were hanging on to our cash as they had cash flow problems.

Just switched on and there is Hattie with more Jade waffling on about the Mary Lou ? ring whilst reading from a script. Anyhow ...although she is always loud she does seem to believe what she is saying. So despite the volume it does make her much more watchable than others ! That said I won't be buying the Mary Lou ring anytime soon ...

Just switched on and there is Hattie with more Jade waffling on about the Mary Lou ? ring whilst reading from a script. Anyhow ...although she is always loud she does seem to believe what she is saying. So despite the volume it does make her much more watchable than others ! That said I won't be buying the Mary Lou ring anytime soon ...
Sorry, I can't watch Hattie. She yells at me too much. I can manage about four minutes - tops.

Angeline is a good presenter.. but a bit scary ...Rather like Lynn ..😀
I really like Lynn - but not Angeline. Too hard-sell and can be economical with the truth on things like "it's a brand new low". But I know others like her.

I've been thinking about this - and all the presenters I really liked, have left or gone to collector. Jeff - gone. Drew - Gone. Alex - Gone. The lovely northern lass who was the chain buyer - gone. Jim - gone to collector. Millie - gone. Jim - gone to collector. Derek seems to be on the missing list at the moment too.
I'm just left with Lynn - who is okay. That, and everything else, it's no wonder I'm fed up with them

Sorry, I can't watch Hattie. She yells at me too much. I can manage about four minutes - tops.
I think if she could tone it down that would be much better definitely ! But she does come across as a nice person and quite genuine despite the volume?

I think if she could tone it down that would be much better definitely ! But she does come across as a nice person and quite genuine despite the volume?
The trouble is that, like so much else in life, how you say something is just as important as what you say.

Certain presenters could be selling platinum jewellery for £1.00 an item. But as soon as the raised voices, the waving arms and the silly songs start up, and potential buyers switch off.

I think that if someone is acting like an idiot, and then shows you a pretty jewellery item for under £30.00, you may decide to give them a try. But if they're doing all of that and then offers you something for £100+, you may think differently if you're a serious jewellery collector. And not what Jess calls a "connoisseur" because you've just bought a zircon cluster ring in silver off her for "£19.99.

Gemporia has forgotten that if you're in the market for diamonds in platinum, you're going to be perfectly fine with going to Tiffany's, Boodles, or any other high end jeweller. You really need to show such people why they should be spending your money with Gemporia. And the sorts of antics presenters get up to on a daily basis aren't going to do that

I've been thinking about this - and all the presenters I really liked, have left or gone to collector. Jeff - gone. Drew - Gone. Alex - Gone. The lovely northern lass who was the chain buyer - gone. Jim - gone to collector. Millie - gone. Jim - gone to collector. Derek seems to be on the missing list at the moment too.
I'm just left with Lynn - who is okay. That, and everything else, it's no wonder I'm fed up with them

Derek has confirmed that he's gone.

Derek has confirmed that he's gone.
Oh dear the last of the best this is getting depressing

I really like Lynn - but not Angeline. Too hard-sell and can be economical with the truth on things like "it's a brand new low". But I know others like her.
Gems version of Chole it's really all about what they would wear and buy. If they like it so should you.......

Blimey. Almost exactly the same as me. (Vicki Carr, chain lady?). Angeline leaves me cold. Hard as nails, that one.

Lynn I quite like. I can tolerate a little BS from her. I think she keeps it to a minimum. Yes, the crystal healing tosh is odd but no different to angels or the Cookie Monster. Washes over me.

Jess is quite often OK. Thinking about it, it's usually when she was on the 3pm shift. I wonder if they're told to go all shouty and unbelievable at peak viewing times.

Talking of which, I'm afraid to say that my biggest custard pie is reserved for Lindsey Carr. Uneducated (it's Barkshire you idiot, not Burkshire and you can't have an "amount" of earrings you little madam, it's a "number" of earrings) and soooo Mumsy and Primary School teacher. Next time you say it, I'll flipping "wrap you in gorgeous amount of gold" as well 🙄😂😂😂

That's me vented 🙊

Blimey. Almost exactly the same as me. (Vicki Carr, chain lady?). Angeline leaves me cold. Hard as nails, that one.

Lynn I quite like. I can tolerate a little BS from her. I think she keeps it to a minimum. Yes, the crystal healing tosh is odd but no different to angels or the Cookie Monster. Washes over me.

Jess is quite often OK. Thinking about it, it's usually when she was on the 3pm shift. I wonder if they're told to go all shouty and unbelievable at peak viewing times.

Talking of which, I'm afraid to say that my biggest custard pie is reserved for Lindsey Carr. Uneducated (it's Barkshire you idiot, not Burkshire and you can't have an "amount" of earrings you little madam, it's a "number" of earrings) and soooo Mumsy and Primary School teacher. Next time you say it, I'll flipping "wrap you in gorgeous amount of gold" as well 🙄😂😂😂

That's me vented 🙊
My advice to Lyndsey is please do not use the line 'we never see this...' when clearly we do as there are 50+ being sold at that moment....

More very amateur-hour stuff on the repeat show last night

They have now added (in even smaller writing) a line saying certain items may be out of stock this is a repeat on the bottom of the screen

However the sound was out of sync badly for the 15 minutes I watched

If they are going to persist with a pre-record at night they need to spend more time producing it so it makes sense

I switched on this morning first to tjc the beauty " expert" ?? lyndsey was on I switched off. Turned to gems and the other Lindsey was on with Jade and how she had never seen it so cheap and it's at its end etc. Needles to say switched off completely. I have save money already today which is a good thing.

Latest posts

Back