Steve & Sarah back at Gemporia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I switched on this morning first to tjc the beauty " expert" ?? lyndsey was on I switched off. Turned to gems and the other Lindsey was on with Jade and how she had never seen it so cheap and it's at its end etc. Needles to say switched off completely. I have save money already today which is a good thing.

Lyndsey is incredibly hard work on the never ever watch list here

Blimey. Almost exactly the same as me. (Vicki Carr, chain lady?). Angeline leaves me cold. Hard as nails, that one.

Lynn I quite like. I can tolerate a little BS from her. I think she keeps it to a minimum. Yes, the crystal healing tosh is odd but no different to angels or the Cookie Monster. Washes over me.

Jess is quite often OK. Thinking about it, it's usually when she was on the 3pm shift. I wonder if they're told to go all shouty and unbelievable at peak viewing times.

Talking of which, I'm afraid to say that my biggest custard pie is reserved for Lindsey Carr. Uneducated (it's Barkshire you idiot, not Burkshire and you can't have an "amount" of earrings you little madam, it's a "number" of earrings) and soooo Mumsy and Primary School teacher. Next time you say it, I'll flipping "wrap you in gorgeous amount of gold" as well 🙄😂😂😂

That's me vented 🙊
Vicki Carr was awful. By far the worst on the channel. She thought she was hilarious, and her fake Geordie accent drove me round the bend. She'd over-exagerate her "accent" by saying "gould" instead of 'gold' - until she got distracted or needed to rush, then she'd forget and say "gold". The same with "no". Sometimes she'd really play on it and pronounce it as "noor", them 2 minutes later, it would be a normal "no". Glad she left. She was shocking.

Jess Foley is awful. She'd be the first out the door if I was in charge and had to make cuts. Well out of her depth and repeats the same phrases over and over again for every single item - "it's flying out the front door", "good luck to each and every one of you, we'll done", "I've just got to let you know.......", "Absolutely!". Then there's the over exaggerated facial expressions and looks to the gallery crew. It's so bad, it's cringey. Awful awful 'presenter'.

Lynn used to be good - but she's irritating now (although one of the more tolerable presenters). She says a lot - without actually saying much at all. When you listen to her properly, she waffles and repeats herself a lot. She tries to put words into people's mouths too with lines like "this is incredible value, don't you think?" Or "this is exceptional quality, have you ever seen anything so good at this price before?".

It's like she's trying to get into people's heads why making them think "you're right Lynn - ill have to buy that". I don't think psychological tactics like that should be allowed.

Lindsey Carr's voice goes straight through me. It's very high pitched - similar to Kati Elliott's. It's not their fault - but it's too irritating for me.

Overall, the Gemporia presenter line up is dire now. The good ones have gone - and the worst remain.

Vicki Carr was awful. By far the worst on the channel. She thought she was hilarious, and her fake Geordie accent drove me round the bend. She'd over-exagerate her "accent" by saying "gould" instead of 'gold' - until she got distracted or needed to rush, then she'd forget and say "gold". The same with "no". Sometimes she'd really play on it and pronounce it as "noor", them 2 minutes later, it would be a normal "no". Glad she left. She was shocking.

Jess Foley is awful. She'd be the first out the door if I was in charge and had to make cuts. Well out of her depth and repeats the same phrases over and over again for every single item - "it's flying out the front door", "good luck to each and every one of you, we'll done", "I've just got to let you know.......", "Absolutely!". Then there's the over exaggerated facial expressions and looks to the gallery crew. It's so bad, it's cringey. Awful awful 'presenter'.

Lynn used to be good - but she's irritating now (although one of the more tolerable presenters). She says a lot - without actually saying much at all. When you listen to her properly, she waffles and repeats herself a lot. She tries to put words into people's mouths too with lines like "this is incredible value, don't you think?" Or "this is exceptional quality, have you ever seen anything so good at this price before?".

It's like she's trying to get into people's heads why making them think "you're right Lynn - ill have to buy that". I don't think psychological tactics like that should be allowed.

Lindsey Carr's voice goes straight through me. It's very high pitched - similar to Kati Elliott's. It's not their fault - but it's too irritating for me.

Overall, the Gemporia presenter line up is dire now. The good ones have gone - and the worst remain.
Spot on

Blimey. Almost exactly the same as me. (Vicki Carr, chain lady?). Angeline leaves me cold. Hard as nails, that one.

Lynn I quite like. I can tolerate a little BS from her. I think she keeps it to a minimum. Yes, the crystal healing tosh is odd but no different to angels or the Cookie Monster. Washes over me.

Jess is quite often OK. Thinking about it, it's usually when she was on the 3pm shift. I wonder if they're told to go all shouty and unbelievable at peak viewing times.

Talking of which, I'm afraid to say that my biggest custard pie is reserved for Lindsey Carr. Uneducated (it's Barkshire you idiot, not Burkshire and you can't have an "amount" of earrings you little madam, it's a "number" of earrings) and soooo Mumsy and Primary School teacher. Next time you say it, I'll flipping "wrap you in gorgeous amount of gold" as well 🙄😂😂😂

That's me vented 🙊

My pet peeve is presenters who do not know when to use "are" as opposed to "is", and vice-versa. For example, "There is seven of these". Now, I am not a grammar Nazi - but I think when you are a presenter on the telly and constantly talking to the public you do need to know this. Amelia used to do this a lot - but there are other frequent and repeat offenders. This does not bother me in everyday life - but "professional" TV presenters doing it drives me bonkers.
It probably does not bother anyone else - but, ooh, it gets my goat. Sorry, just needed to get that off my chest. :)

My pet peeve is presenters who do not know when to use "are" as opposed to "is", and vice-versa. For example, "There is seven of these". Now, I am not a grammar Nazi - but I think when you are a presenter on the telly and constantly talking to the public you do need to know this. Amelia used to do this a lot - but there are other frequent and repeat offenders. This does not bother me in everyday life - but "professional" TV presenters doing it drives me bonkers.
It probably does not bother anyone else - but, ooh, it gets my goat. Sorry, just needed to get that off my chest. :)
I forgot about that one but that brings out the monster in me too. 👹

It annoys me too. I am a bit precious about poor grammar on TV. I also hate it when people say 'do you know what I mean' all the time, or use the word 'like' all the time. God, I sound like I'm perfect, far from, but I just hate hearing poor English all the time.

I agree with you: it's their job to communicate for a living. And if they do that poorly, or sloppily, it reflects badly on the company.

I bet if you wandered into any high end jeweller, something Gemporia loves to compare itself to, you wouldn't find sales assistants with a poor grasp of English grammar. Or who look like they've slept in their clothes overnight.

Maybe I'm just being picky

How about when they miss the letter 't' out of the prices.

"Yours today for just Nine'y nine, nine'y nine."

Jess Foley is irritating with her "alls I can say is.....". Alls? Its all!

And saying "quid" instead of pounds. Heard that a few times on air too.

I dont mind the word "quid" - I use it myself - but I wouldn't use it to describe money in a professional capacity such as a TV presentation.

So is Alex (Gem Collector) leaving or left? Personally I hope so, I'd had enough of his long-winded stories, laughing at his own jokes and his seemingly total obsession with anyone watching in USA. He seemed to know his stuff, I don't dispute that, but definitely a case of believing your own publicity.

So is Alex (Gem Collector) leaving or left? Personally I hope so, I'd had enough of his long-winded stories, laughing at his own jokes and his seemingly total obsession with anyone watching in USA. He seemed to know his stuff, I don't dispute that, but definitely a case of believing your own publicity.

He's gone. Jim Brooman has replaced him.

I see the split pay issue that Steve made a big production of getting changed is still the same. Also he mentioned that it was when he saw the toilet cleaner on air that he made the decision to come back, as it was far removed from Jewellery. He then mentioned in response to a text that Destello and Visage would remain. Surely they are not Core business, but they must make a cracking profit! All Katie’s make up must get transported from China with all that Jade for next to nothing. And talking of non Jewellery, Ellis is on now flogging silicone lunch boxes-Primal of course!

Its still very early days and I appreciate things can't all change at once

However 13 minutes into a ruby show and Rachel who can't get a word in just nodding away and Toby (reading the GIA website) Cavill

Nothing to buy, they must think this appeals to the loyal viewer and it must for some or they would have no sales but what casual/first-timer viewer is going to have the patience or interest?

IF you just watched this last 10 minutes you wouldn't even know it was a channel you could buy from.

However 13 minutes into a ruby show and Rachel who can't get a word in just nodding away and Toby (reading the GIA website) Cavill

Nothing to buy, they must think this appeals to the loyal viewer and it must for some or they would have no sales but what casual/first-timer viewer is going to have the patience or interest?

IF you just watched this last 10 minutes you wouldn't even know it was a channel you could buy from.
I turned over to see a filled Ruby ring described as estate jewellery and switched off. Taking people for mugs.

I saw that, well I switched on around 20 minutes into the hour, and he was chunnering on and on. If they just stopped all that, and showed more items, they would sell more, (presumably), and make more money. I just don't understand why they do it. It baffles me.

Latest posts

Back