Gemporia still sinking

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Clearly you have got out of bed the wrong side again ! I rest my case, with your comment as evidence.
I do not intend responding to you again as I have a life.
I am not sure what the obsession is with beds, but it seems the 'wrong' side in this forum is simply expressing a different view to the small group of regular contributors. In the comments above I have been described as bad tempered, 'arsey', with behaviour tending towards fascist and a hypocrite ... so no, I do not see this behaviour as conducive to intelligent debate or encouraging participation of people with a range of opinions . That said, if I choose to continue to participate in the forum I will do so.

Here's a good example of the caution that didn't need to be taken in the past.

Gemporia: £9.99 + £3.95 P&P (Angeline thought, of course) that £14.99 was exciting
Temu: £various, as low as £1.79 + free P&P

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-01-28-14-41-23-259.jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-01-28-14-41-23-259.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 36

Gemporia: £9.99 + £3.95 P&P (Angeline thought, of course) that £14.99 was exciting
Companies evolve; they go through cost cutting transformation programmes if needed and customers determine whether an organisation succeeds. These are just one off examples. The comments in this thread seem to be from a small group and not representative of a wide group.

Companies evolve; they go through cost cutting transformation programmes if needed and customers determine whether an organisation succeeds. These are just one off examples. The comments in this thread seem to be from a small group and not representative of a wide group.
I am confused.

You have made some very scathing posts about current Gemporia products, shows, presenters and buyers. And I am definitely not saying that you were in any way wrong to do so. I have agreed with many of them.

This was after we had an argument over your posts regarding your very strident desire for this forum to stop allowing any criticism of the Gemporia company and channel.

So it's confusing that you're now complaining that Themanwithnoname, who is someone else I have had issues with (I'm starting to detect a trend here 😁) has a personal beef against Gemporia simply for noticing issues and discussing them here. When you have done exactly the same. But have now reverted to a stance of "Complaining about Gemporia is naughty and shouldn't be allowed" for whatever reason.

If it's OK for one person to criticise a shopping telly channel on this forum, then it must be OK for everyone to do it if they wish to do so. Otherwise it's discriminatory.

One final thing: it's a bit tacky to go accusing people publicly of doing something you feel the forum shouldn't allow. All it has done is push this thread into an ongoing argument. And as much fun as it is to read, it's not really getting anyone anywhere.

So if you feel that Themanwithnoname, or myself, or anyone, is behaving in a way that you feel is against what you think this forum should be for, why not talk to Graham the site owner, or Sazza the DM? That way, you're talking to the people who can actually do something without instigating a very public fracas that solves nothing.

I can't believe that I am the voice of reason here. I must be getting sick 🥴

Last edited:
Please do not use my very reasoned and neutral post to try and score points against others. Leave me out of this please - and my posts.
I am not agreeing with you or trying to score points at all, i am just saying this is not a thread where it seems possible to have a reasoned discussion unless you agree with those who contribute regularly. Happy for Mods to intervene and close.

I am confused.

You have made some very scathing posts about current Gemporia products, shows, presenters and buyers. And I am definitely not saying that you were in any way wrong to do so. I have agreed with many of them.

This was after we had an argument over your posts regarding your very strident desire for this forum to stop allowing any criticism of the Gemporia company and channel.

So it's confusing that you're now complaining that Themanwithnoname, who is someone else I have had issues with (I'm starting to detect a trend here 😁) has a personal beef against Gemporia simply for noticing issues and discussing them here. When you have done exactly the same. But have now reverted to a stance of "Complaining about Gemporia is naughty and shouldn't be allowed" for whatever reason.

If it's OK for one person to criticise a shopping telly channel on this forum, then it must be OK for everyone to do it if they wish to do so. Otherwise it's discriminatory.

One final thing: it's a bit tacky to go accusing people publicly of doing something you feel the forum shouldn't allow. All it has done is push this thread into an ongoing argument. And as much fun as it is to read, it's not really getting anyone anywhere.

So if you feel that Themanwithnoname, or myself, or anyone, is behaving in a way that you feel is against what you think this forum should be for, why not talk to Graham the site owner, or Sazza the DM? That way, you're talking to the people who can actually do something without instigating a very public fracas that solves nothing.

I can't believe that I am the voice of reason here. I must be getting sick 🥴
I wouldn't say you are the voice of reason. I expressed an opinion that was seemingly unpopular that is all. In return I received a numbers of personal insults.

I am not agreeing with you or trying to score points at all, i am just saying this is not a thread where it seems possible to have a reasoned discussion unless you agree with those who contribute regularly. Happy for Mods to intervene and close.
Speaking as someone who has posted regularly in the past without receiving universal adulation in return (that would be disturbing), and as an adult, may I suggest that if you want to initiate a reasoned discussion, don't go accusing people of having an agenda behind their posts?

Especially if you're someone who has started a whole thread dedicated to critiquing the presenter Lindsay Carr. It really makes your claim of the moral high ground pretty shaky.

Speaking as someone who has posted regularly in the past without receiving universal adulation in return (that would be disturbing), and as an adult, may I suggest that if you want to initiate a reasoned discussion, don't go accusing people of having an agenda behind their posts?

Especially if you're someone who has started a whole thread dedicated to critiquing the presenter Lindsay Carr. It really makes your claim of the moral high ground pretty shaky.
I did and I stand by that as I do my post yesterday. They are completely separate views on different issues. Sorry if I confused you.

Yes, but I would rather you did that without using my post please. I am glad you agree though. I flagged the last few pages up to the mods when I posted last. As I felt maybe somebody should before it escalated. I don't think the thread should be closed though. Unless we start a "Gemporia Still Sinking 2" thread. I just am hoping the mods will be able to pour oil on increasingly turbulent waters. I am not taking sides. I think all opinions have an equal right to be voiced. I just think this is getting personal in some quarters and turning into a flame war. Which is not the point of the forum - unless I am mistaken. This will be my last post on this - however I will post on what I consider to be Gemporia's slow descent into the depths. But I don't want the thread closed because of personal bickering. I hope they won't do that.

I have never claimed to uncritical about many aspects of Gemporia and no ... I do not like all the Jade ... but I am a long standing customer for a reason and if there are views on here I disagree with then I will say so, which is what the forum is for. It does not mean i got out of bed the wrong side etc. which is incredibly patronising and reminds me why there is unlikely to be any intelligent exchange of views here.
That is rather rude. This forum has many an intelligent exchange of views!!!

Reminder to everyone, please do not attack each other, everyone is entitled to their opinion and we should all be able to agree to disagree. If anyone feels a post crosses a line then use the "report a post" function.

That is rather rude. This forum has many an intelligent exchange of views!!!

Reminder to everyone, please do not attack each other, everyone is entitled to their opinion and we should all be able to agree to disagree. If anyone feels a post crosses a line then use the "report a post" function.
Apologies Sazza I agree we should all be able to express our views, the issue with this thread was that any differing views are unwelcome and I do not see being labelled a hypocrite, getting out of wrong side of bed etc. is fair, inclusive or intelligent. Sorry.

This is simply taking advantage of those unfamiliar with the internet and online shopping.

But it's hardly a plan for growth. The die hard offline only shoppers are either dying off or slowly having to get to grips with the internet as more and more stuff (banking, paying bills, claiming benefits etc) becomes online only.

So what does Gemporia plan to do when their viewers are all able to do their research and their own price comparisons as a matter of course?

It's so short sighted

Latest posts

Back