Charlie Bears Pandy

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LoobyLou

Registered Shopper
There I was this morning watching the Charlie Bears programme when there was a 5 second preview of a bear called Pandy. Oh I thought, my childhood name for my Sister and the name of my long lost panda bear, I will get him for my Sis for her birthday next month!. So I put him on chequehold and sat back to await the presentation. Imagine my shock when Charlie started telling my story!!!!!!

I screamed out to my DD OH MY WORD MY BEAR IS ON TV .... QUICK, QUICK COME SEE.

I missed most of the story, because I was crying with excitement and joy.

About 6 months ago I rang Charlie Bears to ask about how to make a bear stand properly and Charlie herself answered the phone. We got chatting and I told her about how when I was a small child I went to school one day and when I came home the Council Builders, who were renovating our house, had bricked up my Pandy under the stairs. I cried, I pleaded, I begged, but they were having none of it. Pandy is still there today and it broke my little heart.

The lovely Charlie was touched by my story and told me if at all possible she would make me a Pandy bear.

Today I tuned in and there he was. Obviously my Sister has a cat in hell's chance of getting him now, and DD has offered to buy him for me for Mother's Day. What a lovely treat. I will have something to cuddle when I am missing my little dog Bonnie, who sadly died last week.

I telephoned after the presentation and asked to be put through to the studio, but they said they were not taking any more calls until I explained that Pandy bear was mine.

When I got through Charlie made me promise if I was going out and had builders in again I must take the bears with me I am afraid I burbled like a nitwit, partly I was struggling not to cry with the emotion of it and partly I was just so excited.

Needless to say I was straight back on the phone and converted Pandy to my credit card so he will be on his way!!!

He sold out so other collectors must have loved him too.

I am just so thrilled and thought I would share it with all of you.

Here is his description and a little pic of him Item No 759128

Fall in love with the adorable Pandy Bear from Charlie Bears Collectables. This delightful little guy is a joy to hug with his super soft short pile, white and cream plush tipped with dark brown. He has a white head with dark brown eye sockets and cute shiny brown eyes. His little brown mouth and nose are hand-stitched with a slight airbrushed detail. He has a white tummy, light brown felt paw pads and he wears a black cord necklace adorned with three metal balls. Pandy is fully jointed, including a wobble jointed head and measures about 38cm (15").

759128001Pandy.jpg

You can't see it in this photo but he has a sad frown on his face where he has been trapped under the stairs, but finally he is free at last!

What a lovely lady Charlie is. Thank you Charlie. :mysmilie_82::mysmilie_82:

I'm welling up here myself. What a trully wonderfull story. In this world where it seems people don't care about anything or anyone but themselves it is so lovely when someone like Charlie can restore your faith in human nature.

I hope you enjoy your Pandy bear and that he makes up for the loss of the original one. He does look like a splended little chap! XX

Thanks everyone. I was thrilled, and you are so right Catkins, I think Charlie is a truly special person who really does care.

Northenlights, he is a little like Pandy, but as Charlie said in the presentation she coloured him much lighter because of course after 45 years (although she didnt give the date, lol) he would be completely covered in dust. She also gave him a sad face for being trapped there.

I can't wait to get him home for a cuddle. It even made my DD well up and she thinks I am nuts with my love for Charlie Bears. She tells me I am a little too much crazy when I talk about them, lol

I was watching the show LoobyLou and you came across just fine, no burbling at all!! It was good to hear the voice behind the story and that you're also on the forum makes it even more poignant. I thought it was lovely of Debbie to say the News of the World should run a 'Free Pandy' campaign. Maybe they can raise enough funds to get the wall taken down to release him!!

I was not intending to order anything this time but found my credit card asking for Malcolm and Seth. Seth wasn't on the mid-day show but Charlie said he would be on later (I assume at 8pm). I tried the website but he wasn't there and nor were some of the others shown at mid-day. So I rang CS and they gave me Seth's item number, he's the 5th bear up this evening, and I got in early. Strange why some of the bears are not coming up on the website even though they are available.

Hope you enjoy Pandy 2.

That's the loveliest story I''ve heard for a long time - I hope your new Pandy will help a little bit with your sad loss of Bonnie

That story really made me smile. Poor Pandy though, I would have been heartbroken!

I am going to try to call in to the 8pm show, I want to ask Charlie if she could make a Stefani bear.

AND...I really should have been a bit more persistant when Pipa kept telling me on air to call in and the studio wouldn't put me through!

Looby, I hope you'll have many suidgy cuddles with Pandy. Lovely :mysmilie_834:

That's the loveliest story I''ve heard for a long time - I hope your new Pandy will help a little bit with your sad loss of Bonnie

Thank you. I am looking forward to many cuddles. There is no way Pandy is going in ANY kind of cupboard ever again, lol. It's quite poignant really I lose one best friend last week and this week I get another one back. Well done Charlie, you are a star.

That story really made me smile. Poor Pandy though, I would have been heartbroken!

I was, I cried so hard how my Dad resisted my broken little face I will never know, but he was no builder and couldn't have repaired the work if he tried to knock the wall down and get back into the cupboard.

Awwww what a lovely story, Pandy is gorgeous x

Thank you

Lovely story and gorgeous bear! I have him on cheque hold untill after tonights show :)

Did you convert him? Or is he sitting in the warehouse feeling unloved again :mysmilie_478: :mysmilie_541:

Oh Loobylou, you had me sobbing out loud over my keyboard. A big hug to you.

Thanks

Looby, I hope you'll have many suidgy cuddles with Pandy. Lovely :mysmilie_834:

Thanks, I intend to.

My DD's boyfriend called round last night and I excitedly told him all about Pandy. I thought he must be thinking I lost the plot when he glanced over my shoulder at the wall in the kitchen and said b**ger me I can see where the door used to be!!! And there it was, the shape of the door frame and I had NEVER noticed it before. So near and yet so far

FREE PANDY BEAR!!!!!! I love your story but the real 'Pandy' is still bricked up. It seems so unfair on your own, dear, little bear not to be released. Is there any possibilty Loobylou?

I sat glued to both of the Charlie Bear shows, although I didn't buy one this time. When I heard your story it was clear that the creation of the new Pandy was so deserved.

I also heard your call to the studio and there was no way you "burbled like a nitwit. I obviously didn't realise it was you, but the fact that you're a member here too makes your story all the more poignant and personal as far as I'm concerned.

I'm so sorry to hear about the sad loss of Bonnie and I'm sure that Pandy's arrival will help. And I'd certainly back a "Free Pandy" campaign .......

Latest posts

Back