Where are Debbie Greenwood & Julian Ballantyne?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Do not normally watch bid but flicking channels i noticed DG was on and she did not look at all comfortable a major culture shock without a doubt.

Debbie is on now and is as happy as larry..doing a great job with people who appreciate how good a presenter she is

I caught her for the first time and, unfortunately, I still think it was a bad move. A stop gap, maybe, for economic reasons, until something better comes along; this channel relies on it's patronage being customers who believe they are getting a bargain and, consequently, become addicted to the reverse auction process, and do not consider two important facts : 1. the cost of a phone call is £1.53. 2. postage is an astronomical £7.99. For a 50ml bottle of serum? The Q's p+p costs are slated but, on the whole, they are not over the top; yesterday, postage for two duvet sets was £7.95. It would cost that to return such a weighty parcel. With the Q, the customer knows what they are paying for the item, and for postage; with Bid, they are able to reduce the item because they are making up the difference on postage. If I did shop with the channel, which I don't, I would feel I was being taken for an idiot.

I caught her for the first time and, unfortunately, I still think it was a bad move. A stop gap, maybe, for economic reasons, until something better comes along; this channel relies on it's patronage being customers who believe they are getting a bargain and, consequently, become addicted to the reverse auction process, and do not consider two important facts : 1. the cost of a phone call is £1.53. 2. postage is an astronomical £7.99. For a 50ml bottle of serum? The Q's p+p costs are slated but, on the whole, they are not over the top; yesterday, postage for two duvet sets was £7.95. It would cost that to return such a weighty parcel. With the Q, the customer knows what they are paying for the item, and for postage; with Bid, they are able to reduce the item because they are making up the difference on postage. If I did shop with the channel, which I don't, I would feel I was being taken for an idiot.

Sorry.... thought i was in the bid forum for a second. haha

pretty much what we bang on about in there

Sorry but Debbie Flint is on Bid Tv , its hardly like working in a pound store, I think people need to stop feeling sorry for her , her wages will be a hell of a lot more than any of us.

I would guess she is being paid rather well for what she does. Why feel sorry for her? She knows what she is doing. Heck she has a job!!

shes getting on with it and is more than likely appreciated on bid. by the way i dont buy from bid but i would work there...

Jilly 'up herself' Halliwell is almost as bad, yeah yeah yeah. If they so bored with their jobs, then get rid and bring back Debbie and Julian-he was my favourite presenter :-(

I've (cringingly) got to admit that I used to buy from bid. Not the phone call cost or the postage that was the problem - I finally got sick of receiving goods that were clearly 'seconds' but not declared as such. Think the whole group of channels are operating under the radar and Debbie Greenwood could do far better! Shame on QVC for getting rid of the decent presenters behind their loyal customers backs'!

Jilly 'up herself' Halliwell is almost as bad, yeah yeah yeah. If they so bored with their jobs, then get rid and bring back Debbie and Julian-he was my favourite presenter :-(

Debbie GreenWood has tweeted that shes leaving BidTV, It was her final Shift last night. Wonder where she wil go next .......

After seeing her on Q, she never looked comfortable attempting to flog market stall goods with a 2 minute clock in the corner !!

She was probably treading water until another better 'project' came along.

I think Debbie would make a very nice breakfast presenter. Didn't she appear briefly on something like that years ago? She would be nice in a Lorraine style role, I don't mean the news side of things (not knowing if she is knowledgeable about current affairs). I am sure she would be better at that than selling on bid, and indeed better than most of the Q presenters. Imagine a studio discussion chaired by Sarah!!!!!!!!! No-one else would get a word in.

Latest posts

Back