Peter Simon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I sincerely hope they have got rid of him, I really can't understand why they took him on in the first place. IMVHO totally the wrong image for them, I find him completely unwatchable.

I've never understood why Jim Brooman isn't on during the peak hours, a calm, informative, well presented presenter, who doesn't shout, rant or spout, a real asset to Gems.

I sincerely hope they have got rid of him, I really can't understand why they took him on in the first place. IMVHO totally the wrong image for them, I find him completely unwatchable.

I've never understood why Jim Brooman isn't on during the peak hours, a calm, informative, well presented presenter, who doesn't shout, rant or spout, a real asset to Gems.

I completely agree with every word.

Still no sign of him on the schedule.....has he gone?
One possibility is that he's been fired. I suspect -and I may be completely wrong-that the first ASA complaints had started to come in and the company had come to it's senses.
In any event they would have known he was toxic in terms of compliance and reputation and would have made it clear that any bad practice and he'd be straight out the door.
We'll see.

One possibility is that he's been fired. I suspect -and I may be completely wrong-that the first ASA complaints had started to come in and the company had come to it's senses.
In any event they would have known he was toxic in terms of compliance and reputation and would have made it clear that any bad practice and he'd be straight out the door.
We'll see.

I thought this myself earlier today. It seem's very strange that on Monday night, he said that he would be back tomorrow (Tuesday). He was on the schedule on Tuesday night - but then vanished at the last minute and was replaced with another presenter.

Last night Matt Bennett covered the timeslot that Peter SImon would be on, and Ali Defoy, who said that she wanted to leave Gems to move over to Jewellery Maker, seems to have been drafted in to cover tonight. So they're clearly struggling to fill that slot - so it doesn't look like a schedule move around.

The only other possibility I can think of is that he's been pulled from Gems to work on the Bennett's new charity channel that launches soon. Gems have stopped broadcasting from 3am until 7am now - so that has also effectively free'd up Jim Brooman - so he may also appear on the charity channel perhaps.

However, the silence is very odd. They've been quite vocal about the charity channel, so I would imagine that if Peter Simon had been pulled to work on there, an announcement would have been made to say that he's only on Gems until that's launched. Also, would they bother making him study for, and take, his GIA exams if he was only going to be a short term filler until the charity is launched?

Hopefully he's just left and the silly old buffoon never appears on our TV screens ever again. I'm sure McDonalds have some vacancies again. He'd fit right in selling a Big Mac - the larger of the McDonalds burgers. Not only with the garnish. Not only with the cheese. Not only with the relish.

Jim Brooman is back on the 11pm until 3am shift tonight - and he said to Rachel that "it was good to be back" - so it looks as if he's back to that time slot on a regular basis - so it's him and Helen Mason covering the 11pm until 3am shifts now.

Peter Simon hasn't been seen since last Monday.

Looks increasingly likely that he's gone?

Jim Brooman is back on the 11pm until 3am shift tonight - and he said to Rachel that "it was good to be back" - so it looks as if he's back to that time slot on a regular basis - so it's him and Helen Mason covering the 11pm until 3am shifts now.

Peter Simon hasn't been seen since last Monday.

Looks increasingly likely that he's gone?

Maybe his exam results didn't quite reach the acceptable level, as unlikely as that may sound with his wealth of experience spanning nigh on two decades :wonder:

Hi can u tell me if Perter Simon is still on Gems or have I just missed him?

Hi Sue, we have no immediate shows planned with Peter Simon at this moment in time. Gemporia

Well he didn't last long! Clearly no-one was impressed. Goodbye to bad rubbish!

I am not sure what platform would be suitable for him for his future employment, if he has indeed left Gems? Whatever has happened, I hope he is okay and wish him well.

Well I'll say one thing in his favour ... He certainly succeeded in getting this forum active again! :giggle:

Well I'll say one thing in his favour ... He certainly succeeded in getting this forum active again! :giggle:

Indeed it did, the combination of Peter Simon, The Outlet Channel and the Ideal World changes had us all talking again.

I drove past Mr Simon today on 'our' road ( look at me rubbing elbows with the stars!) He lives on the very last house on our road, part of me is tempted to knock on his door, but I'm scared!

Aw, you just have to give him a knock :mysmilie_17: and say to him..."It is you isn't it? The Peter Simon, oooohhhh i saw you on Gems last week, you were absolutely maaaaaarvelous dahling, i spent thousands, you are sooooo good at selling genuine gemstone jewellery, when is your next show?" and his answer will probs be......."B*gger off they sacked me" or "Well, they begged me to stay, offered me my own dressing room with complimentary nibbles and drinks, more money, but i had to leave, i just didn't like shaving the hairs off my hands every two days."

I am soooo glad he's gone, even though he was entertaining in an awful "i can't believe what he just said" way, but he could well pop up on Ideal World, or QVC even?? :mysmilie_19:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back